“Olympic Spirit tour”

Ranked #3 of 4 Food & Drink in Olympia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed September 18, 2016

My husband and I did the 3-1/2 hour tour of Ancient Olympia with another couple three weeks ago. Vasilis was an outstanding tour leader. He was punctual, professional in every regard and extremely pleasant. How fortunate we were to see the site with an actual archeologist, who was able to answer all our questions about both the history of the games and excavation methods.
Setting up the tour with Savina was also a delight. She was extremely patient in responding to my multiple emails.
I cannot recommend this company highly enough.

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm pleased to know that you have enjoyed our tour. I also had a great time with you!
Efharisto!!!(Thank you)

"amazing tour"
in 4 reviews
"ancient greek history"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"cruise stop"
"marika"
"greece"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed September 18, 2016

Excellent tour of Olympia site of first Olympics. Guide was informative, patient (many stops for photos) and had a great sense of humor in which made the experience joyous and entertaining compared to the other tours that were going on around us. Great private tour.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed our tour.

Reviewed September 18, 2016

Vasilis was not only very knowledgeable in the history of the area but delivered it in a way that was engaging! He was flexible on how much time we spent in each area and patient with our group (baby). Also has a voice loud and clear enough to understand among all the other tour groups in the areas ;) Great personality, highly recommended!

1  Thank Vincent L

Thank you very much for your review! I really appreciate you taking the time to review me and Ι'm glad you enjoyed the tour.
Vasilis

Reviewed September 16, 2016

This was our first time in Greece. Vasilis was knowledgable and willing to answer questions. We were a mixed group. My brother and I love history, but my other brother and my daughter knew less. He managed to keep everyone engaged. He timed our tour for the afternoon, avoiding the morning crowds from the cruise ships, so we had Olympia to ourselves. He also offered to take pictures of the four of us and suggested good places to take pictures which was very nice. I highly recommend him.

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to write a comment about me.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Vasilis' knowledge of the history, events and people who have passed through this time honoured sanctuary and UNESCO world heritage site is very impressive. He recites the story of Olympia in an entertaining and easy to understand manner. We felt very comfortable asking questions throughout and the pace of the tour was very much to our liking. The museum is definitely a must see. Our tour took about three hours and was worth every single penny; bring some good walking shoes along. An excellent tour guide who we would absolutely recommend!

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Thank you very much Mr. Peter for your kind words and for taking the time to write a comment about me.

Best regards to all of you
Vasilis