“Fantastic tour of Olympia!”

Guide me in Greece tours
Ranked #3 of 4 Food & Drink in Olympia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Our final stop on our Greek island cruise on Jewel of the Seas was in Katacolon. Vasilis greeted us (five adults and five teens) as we departed the ship. Let me just say that Vasilis is a wealth of information, humor and personality. From our drive to ancient Olympia to the amazing ruins, he made the tour fantastic. He is also an archaeologist. Needless to say, we were all fascinated. My kids said that the Olympia tour was their favorite out of everything in Greece and in Rome. That alone should tell you something. I can't recommend Vasilis and his Guide me in Greece Tours enough.

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words!
I remember you because we had a lot of fun!
I'm really happy you enjoyed the tour. Hope to see you back again in Greece!
Give my best wishes to the kids and your friends!

All reviews
"amazing tour"
in 4 reviews
"ancient greek history"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"cruise stop"
"marika"
"greece"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed June 25, 2016

We went couple of times before to Olympia, but we were learning lots of new things thanks to this guy, Vasilis, that is also an archaeologist and teacher :)
Really 100% recommendable to visit the ancient ruins and museum with Vasilis; his intelligence sense of humor and hospitality will make this tour-guide very interesting and unforgettable!!
Looking forward for a next trip there!
Alex.

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Thank you so much Alexandros! I had a very good time with you too.
Your kind words mean a lot to me!
And thanks for taking the time to leave a comment here.

All the best from Olympia,
Vasilis

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I plus two friends were collected promptly from our ship in a private car and taken on a historic tour of Olympia with Vasilis. He was a very knowledgable guy with a good sense of humour. We enjoyed the tour and would highly recommend him as a better option than a crowded, expensive ship's tour.

Thank you very much Mr Ron! I really appreciate you taking the time to review me and Ι'm glad you enjoyed the tour. So did Ι! Hope to see you all again some day.
I wish you the best,
Vasilis

Reviewed June 10, 2016

Our Erasmus + group enjoyed a lot the tour in Olympia by Vasilis...he was very nice and kind and involved us very much with his interesting and animated explanations about the history of this wonderful archaeological site! If you need a guide in Greece, I can definetely suggest Vasilis because not only he has a great cultural knowledge but he is able to be empathic both with people and places which have an meaningful history...grazie caro Vasilis!

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! You are a great group and it was really lovely meeting all of you! Best wishes to all :-) Crazie!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

We made a special trip by sail boat from Lefkas to Olympia for our summer holiday . We did not know what to expect and there was very little to help us understand the place on arrival. Vasilis gave us an animated and amusing enthusiastic explanation and guide to the site that added so much to our experience and brought the place to life. Efkharisto poli !

Vasilis P, Ιδιοκτήτης at Guide me in Greece tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Thank you so much! And thanks for taking the time to leave a comment here. Hope to see the three of you again in Olympia some time. Keep traveling! Parakalo! (You're welcome)