Ilio Mare Beach Hotel
$62
$43
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Hotel Pegasus(Thassos Town (Limenas))
$60
Pantheon Studio Apartments(Limenaria)(Great Value!)
$27
Villa Edem(Thassos Town (Limenas))(Great Value!)
$62
Lido(Thassos Town (Limenas))
$81
$137
$191
Orbitz.com
$135
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjunior suiteatrium barbreakfast and dinnerbeautiful sunsethalf boardmain restaurantkids clubthasos islandlovely barwonderful hotelnice staysummer vacationfamily vacationspecial thanksskala prinosbeachsea
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We are family of four, with two young children. We stayed at Ilio Mare in Thassos for one week in July. It's well located with a lovely sandy beach within 10 meters, also the pool area is gorgeous..... The standard of cleanliness is fantastic The staff in general were pleasant & helpful,
The breakfasts were excellent and the meals also at the restaurant.

Overall a great find and a great stay...highly recommended !! We will definately be back again:))

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank savoula m
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have stayed in the hotel for 5 nights with 3 families. Being a Turkish traveller I got very much used to the Turkish hospitality and I have stayed in many places in Europe,US and even in fareast up to now.I have never seen such rude hotel staff and management in my life.
Although the hotel is very nice, because of the hotel staff and even the owner of hotel I met unfortunately, I will never go there again.
I really do not advise this hotel to anyone, but if you would like to be humiliated with your own money you may go...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank GK2012
Ourania S, Διευθυντής at Ilio Mare Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear customer ,

As per your Trip Advisor comments about Ilio Mare Beach Hotel***** hospitality.
As the hotel manager i was not informed by you about any complains we never met. So, how can i be rude?
If you are reffering about the insident that the hotel refused to offer you a beach towel in order for you to set on a table in order for you to play cards i would like to inform that beach towels are used by the guests for the beach chairs. I would like to inform you also that our beach has been awarding yearly since 1999 with the blue flag and we like to assure you that all rules and regulations are strictly followed .

Our beach notice board is update with all necessary informations that lead our customer to enjoy our crystal clear sea turquoise waters .

We feel sorry that we could not meet your expectations allow you misusing our beach towels as a play cards carpet or table cloth in general.

As our hotel management performance and skills award Ilio Mare among the 100 most wanted hotels around the world by Tui Austria Tour Operator for year 2012 we would like to thank you for visiting our hotel and congratulate you for your choice , among all our customers .

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We 've just arrived from a week's holiday in Ilio mare hotel in Thassos island.
Our first impression from the hotel wasn't the best one.We've booked a junior suite,for me,my wife and our two children,but we found only a large double bed in.Then they brought us two noisy small camp beds,but the rest room was really nice.The breakfast was satisfying,the dinner wasn't well cooked and tasty,some plates were so salty.Concerning the stuff of the restaurant,some of them weren't experieced.The cleaning of the room was good.From the third day and after malodorous drainage overflew the hotel.The pool with the waterfalls was beautiful.The beach was nice and sandy,good for the kids.Anemos restaurant was good but expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GreeceKos
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well, I couldn't agree with the previous review more. I had the same issue with my cancelled room but that wasn't my overriding problem with this hotel. The staff are incredibly rude, the manager rude to the point of intimidating. Organisation is non-existent. When waiting to arrange new accomodation and payment we were not even offered a drink (over an hour in the heat with young children I thought this was very poor). When we did ask we were given drinks in plastic cups which even then I felt bad for asking for. From the areas that I saw in my short time there - toilets, reception, rooms overlooking pool, I would be generous in suggesting this could even be a 3 star hotel! Despite the cancellation, I quickly suggested that I went to another hotel as within 20mins of being in this establishment I would rather of gone home! Please don't waste your money. The management here simply do not deserve it - nor will they appreciate it. There are plenty of other hotels on the island which knock the socks off this one. The 3 star hotel we ended up in was half the price and 5 times nicer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Gaffa_12
Ourania S, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Ilio Mare Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Madam,

Referring to your comments I would like to mention the following:

A) You made a reservation through a Travel Agency in the UK, with a travel agency that we do not cooperate with
B) In our telephone contact that we had you were informed for this issue and from our conversation came up that upon your arrival you were celebrating your birthday something that proves that we have spoken on the telephone .
C) Furthermore, you were the only one of the whole group that you had pre-booked another hotel before your arrival , since you were informed on our telephone contact. that’s the reason why you called after half an hour the taxi driver to take you in the other hotel which you already pre arranged and never asked for our help in order to find you another hotel or a taxi like the other guests did.
D) How can you mention about waste of money and services since you were not a direct guests in our hotel and you didn’t use any of our facilities or services, room accommodation etc
E) You were given the card of our manager in order for the insurance company to contact us but till now, no one did

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I arrived at Ilio Mare with my 2 young children looking forward to a relaxing holiday. When arriving at reception, I was immediately informed that there was no room reservation for us as the agent that i had booked through had not paid. I had emailed the hotel 3 weeks prior to our stay to check that they had a reservation in my name which they confirmed they did. I questioned why, when they had my contact details they did not inform me of the situation before i left the UK & the manager said it was not his responsibility. Common courtesy??! There were 2 other families in the same situation and the receptionist said that she could not tell any of us if there were any rooms available?? She went off and half an hour later came back to say that they did have rooms (I don't know any hotel that can't quickly check the computer to let you know!) but the only one suitable for a family was the honeymoon suite - the most expensive room- and that I would have to pay for the room upfront. On asking to speak to the manager, I was told that he would not be arriving until 4 hours later. When I said that was not good enough, she went off for 15 minutes and came back with......the manager! He said that it was not his problem that my family had travelled since 2am that morning and now had nowhere to stay and that if I wanted a room, I would have to pay (bearing in mind I had already fully paid the agent for the holiday). He smirked at us while talking and when I said I thought he was very rude he simply said, if you don't want me to smile then I won't but you still have to pay. One of the other families said that they would go to another hotel but could he write a short sentence saying that the hotel had not been paid in case that helped her claim some money back. He refused to write anything down. All of the families were clearly upset but the manager and receptionist just stood back and watched. I have never met such unhelpful, rude people in all my life and was glad that we found another hotel to stay at, Royal Paradise hotel, which lived up to the 5* standard expected. Looking around the hotel it was clear to see that they are nowhere near 5* standard-they didn't even have any red wine which one of the other families asked for while trying to sort out what to do. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this sub standard hotel when 20 minutes up the road is a fabulous hotel where you will be treated like someone who has just spent a lot of money for a week away from the stresses of life.

• Stayed: July 2013
8  Thank bag04

Dear Madam,

A) Since you hadn’t made the reservation with our hotel we did not have any of your contact details and this is the reason why you did not get any information from us.
B) You were offered upon your arrival drinks in the reception desk and juices and water from the beach bar. Our hotel is awarded with blue flag , the service at the time of your arrival is made from the beach bar , and we are not allowed to use glasses.
C) You claimed financial problem and the manager of our hotel proposed you to be accommodated one night in our hotel with your daughters free of charge. Moreover, we had one room only available which we suggested you as you were single mother ( as you mentioned) in order to help you and stay in our hotel which you refused. Moreover, we offered you more than the others as you had two small children with you until you could contact with your travel agency. When we offered you a room with a lower price than the one you booked you started to bargaining that you want to have free drinks and food for your whole stay.

D) Since you did not use our facilities this is your opinion that other hotels are better than our.