All reviews great location flat screen tv pies family hotel swimming pool air conditioning lovely hotel caledon supermarket balcony thassos
Reviewed July 11, 2015 via mobile

I stayed in hotel Macedon 7 days from 30 june until 7 july and for me and my family was the perfect holliday.
As we arrived mr.Makis a verry friendly person tooked care of us and he explaind to us what we can do in Thassos what to visit,what are the best restaurants.
The rooms are big and the most important for me verry CLEAN in the bath everything was new and with good taste arranged.The yard is verry nice but the most impresive was the pool(foot shaped) and crystal water.
We cant wait next year to go back to Macedon hotel.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Cosmin G
Reviewed July 10, 2015

I've been recommended to try this hotel at the beginning of June, when the summer season starts. My family was one of the first to get a reservation there and it was worth it. Possibly the best in the area, Macedon Hotel offers a great variety of features: flat screen TVs, tasty Swedish buffet style breakfast with lots of options, a pool with depths ranging from 3m to 1m, daily room cleaning, modern rooms and a balcony for everyone. Not to mention the multi award-winning restaurant Mesogeios which is great for dinners. Even though this was my family's 1st try in therms of hotels, I totally recommend it.

Room tip: Excellent views to both the sea and the mountain range (at least in our apartment)
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed June 1, 2015

Family run, Eleni and Makis are welcoming, friendly and helpful. The updated rooms are fresh and bright, with TV, fridge and kettle. Quirky colours for the bathrooms, solar powered hot water, and spacious balconies. Pool wasn't ready in May but have previously swum in it and enjoyed relaxing on sunbed under the trees. About a 10 - 15 minute walk from the ferry and a 20 - 25 minute stroll to the harbour. Traditional style breakfast. Good location to explore the island by car or to chill out and do nothing.

Room tip: Pool view rooms get the sun in the evening
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank gwpUk
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Overall it was a good hotel. The rooms are fairly saptious and well designed. Everything seems new, modern, and clean.
Service-wise, they lack a bit in my opinion. They don't change the towels daily, there's no hot water sometimes, and the wi-fi signal is poor. The staff on the other hand, they are very responsive and are always willing to help.
The breakfast is mediocre. The variety of foods is small, and even so, they take their time when refilling, so there's a high chance you might miss the one thing you like.

Overall, it's a pretty good stay. Not very, but good.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Razzv
Reviewed May 27, 2014

A great place tot be. The hosts are very friendly and helpful. The food was good (not excellent), but we had a lot of fun, and our stayed was very good.
It is very central, pretty clean, and the value is the best.

Date of stay: June 2013