$251
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
$120
  • Pool
Hotel Angelica(Thassos Town (Limenas))
$112
$130
$217
$210
Hotels.com
All reviewsthassos townholiday seasonrelaxed holidaykarensonybeachloungers
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I returned from 2 weeks at the Mediterranean Apartments about 3 weeks ago. We have visited several Greek Islands before but Thassos was very different.
The hotel was excellent, on our arrival we were met by Karen (this lady was the hotel, she was everything you could possibly ask for as a visitors best friend). Karen was also ably assisted by Sunny and Jordan plus all the other ladies that make up the staff, unfortunately I cannot remember all of their names but they were brilliant. after doing all the official bits we were given our room key. This was perhaps the only complaint I can come up with. Those stairs!!! However I am a totally unfit 59 year old with excess weight so any more than 1 flight of stairs is too much at any time, but!! when we arrived on the 3rd floor, it was worth it. We had room 308 and it was brilliant. All the usual equipment and furniture you would expect but bigger than normal for Greece. We had the most fantastic views of, the hotel, the pool and bar, the beach and not forgetting the view of the mainland justa few miles away over the Agean. The balcony was the whole length of the living quarters and had the sun 24/7 beaming over it. We even had a clothes horse which due to the lovely heat everyday we were there dried anything in a couple of hours.
I was a little bit worried about whomever was in the room below us as our bed especially the side my husband slept on creaked louder than I snored and that takes some doing I can assure you.
I'm sure if someone felt they needed to complain then they will find something but honestly we couldn't find anything.
The setting for this hotel could not be improved on,it is right on a lovely golden beach, and a sea that was shallow and safe for any ages but was full of fish both near the edge and further out and was warm. Although there was another apartment block next door there was never any noise that we found annoying.

The only downside for this holiday however was the island of Thassos itself. If you want to chill, lie by the pool or on the beach everyday and for some people this is just what they want then please go to the Mediterranean and Thassos you will not find better anywhere. We however like to explore and go to different places after the first few days, but found that the easiness of driving on Thassos (there is only 1 major road, that goes all round the island) can get a bit boring after the first circuits. Even with a coffee stop it would only take about 2 hours to arrive back where you started from. The local buses stop at about 6pm so if you wanted to visit Thassos Town just down the coast, in the evening you had to get a taxi which could prove expensive if used every night. Around the hotel there is only a couple of Taverna's and a couple of supermarkets available if you wanted a change of scenery. We hired a car for 6 days and split it between the 2 weeks which did give us a bit of variety particulaly in the evenings at least for 3 days of each week but unfortunately Thassos is not really for us.
Now if we could move the hotel to another location, taking everything with us, staff, views, facilities and transplant it to a larger island than we have found our ultimate destination.
I hope I have not put people off because this really is a beautifull island and the hotel was brilliant but just perhaps not for us. It is quiet and small and is an ideal place for families and perhaps couples who just want to sunbathe and watch the sunset, and boy what a sunset!!
I would also like to mention a couple, Ian and Sue that we met the first week who we really got on well with. I think if they had stayed for 2 weeks like us we probably wouldn't have felt quite so bored. But they only stayed a week and that is probably the perfect length of time to chill and sunbathe and drink cocktails.
So if you are looking to visit Thassos please go to the Mediterranean Apartments and when you are there please visit the pastry shop just a few minutes walk from the hotel on the main road, because they are a desert lovers paradise and the staff are great as well, give our love to Elena the lady in charge and ask her if the kittens survived and are growing up to be sweet cats. Whilst on the subject of cats, just to finish this review, there are not as many as are seen in a lot of Greek islands and they are certainly not as troublesome as the dratted mosquito's but the cat to be wary of is Gandalf, he has been adopted by Jordan at the hotel and although he looks like butter wouldn't melt, believe me he can look after himself and I have the scratches to prove it!!

Room Tip: We found 308 excellent and were told it was the best room, but found the stairs a bit difficult and the A/C not quite cool enough. But views, WOW!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have just returned from 2 amazing weeks holiday ever. This Hotel was run brilliantly and talk about team work, Karen could not of done any more to make our stay a fantastic experience always ready to help in anyway she can, as for the electric going off for a short while it is the whole island and not just this hotel and it caused no problem what so ever! Sonny and Jordon were fab always laughing and doing everything they could for all there guests, all the Hotel staff are such hard workers and are all out to ensure all there guests have a fab time. Amazing location on the sea front and the views form the cleanest rooms ever were just amazing. We went on several trips with REAL HOLIDAYS in Skala Prinos and Yannis is a local guy who has some amazing trips on offer at such good prices, you can book ahead before you even take off from the uk just google Real Holidays Thassos well worth it, all the local knowledge and he looks after you so well and we had the most amazing trips....
I have been to Greece and the Greek Islands for years and I can say with my hand on heart this was the BEST EVER, we stayed with some lovely people and had a wonderful time - Thank you Karen and all you wonderful staff at Hotel Mediterranean

Room Tip: We had a great view from room, I think all the rooms had a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BeckiHants
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our 2 weeks here were very relaxing and the staff are all very friendly and helpfull. The views were something else we looked out of our balcony straight to the beach and sea. We had really great people staying the same time as us which made the holiday even better. Couldn't have wished for a better place to be.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are the best, but the 1 bed apartments have the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SDee92
Reviewed July 16, 2012

we had a fantastic time very relaxing place the staff ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND WE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THEM ,if we had a problem or want advise they will help us as best as they can .we has a 1 bed apt in 108 smashing views ,food well impressive 10/10 and plenty off it ,the wine is lovely which i can drink it ( at home i gets drunk quickly 1 glass lol ) foods hot not luke warm like the big hotels .bar straff brill jordan & sonny u can have a laugh with them ,

Room Tip: we hired a car for 3 days but u dont need to as theres a good bus service
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tigger-thats-me
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had a week at this hotel firtst week of july. Amazing location. the room furniture needs updating but trust me the views from our balcony made us forget about the insignificant details. Yes they had problems in the area (not just this hotel) beteen 7-9pm but who cares? would be very sad to be indoors at that time in the eveining and miss the beautiful sunsets. Food was of good quality and although you have to order your dinner at breakfast time, somehow it works.
We really enjoyed our time there and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is not too picky.

Room Tip: room 210. the best views in the hotel!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple