$251
$184
$120
  • Pool
Hotel Angelica(Thassos Town (Limenas))
$112
$210
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthassos townholiday seasonrelaxed holidaykarensonybeachloungers
Reviewed May 17, 2011

A bagfull of mixed reveiws had me worried but I was more than happy. Good island, good location, good hotel, good staff, good room, good bed (yes they are firm).

Just to clarify, the Hotel Mediterranean and the Mediterranean Apartments are one and the same place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank andywinguk
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Just got back from a weeks stay at the Med and did not want to come home! After reading mixed reviews, the hotel was much better than expected! We were welcomed by Karen, the manageress, who was always around and happy to help with any problems. When we got to our room we were happy to see that it was spotless (as was the entire hotel) the only complaint about the room really was that the beds are a little hard and creaky, but you soon get used to this! However, we did hear a few people in the rooms on the lower floors complaining of damp beds?! Maybe something to consider! The rooms all have a sea view which is stunning! We stayed at the Med during it's first week of going half board and we have to say the food is gorgeous. The greek dishes in particular were great, maybe they would benefit from more greek cuisine and less English!
The drinks at the hotel are fab and Sonny and Jordan are always at hand to make sure your drinks are topped up! Jordan in particular is always good for a laugh and always happy to chat away to customers!
The location is very quiet and perfect for relaxation! If you walk for a short distance to your left from the hotel you will find plenty of quiet parts of the beach. Olga's place just across from the Med is well worth a visit and she is such a lovely woman!
We would highly recommend a trip into Thassos town (limenas) where there are a selection of shops and restaurant. You can also visit the acropolis, which is totally worth the ridiculous amount of steps and slopes to get to the top of. The view is breath taking! You can reach Limenas by bus which is cheap and easy enough, or if you prefer you can catch a taxi which at the moment (may 2011) is around 14 euros!
The only bad thing about this holiday was that we did not book for two weeks!! I'm sure we will return sometime in the future as Thassos is such a gorgeous little island!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank summerdream07
Reviewed October 6, 2010

stayed at the mediterraian apartment for two weeks karen and sony very freindly clean beaches very clean food good heard a lot about vickys bar food was good if you are prepared to wait a while

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank bettsyboy
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Stayed here for a fortnight and for the first time ever I was really looking forward to coming home!

We arrived at the Med along with about 20 other people and were gathered in the reception area where we were offered a drink and "addressed" by the lady in charge of the hotel. The group of us were told the rules of the hotel and brief information and were called up to the desk one by one to hand over our passports and recieve our keys and Tv remote control. Now I agree this is quite a good way of telling everyone the do's and don'ts and opening times etc, however, the way we were addressed left a lot to be desired. A smile would not of gone amiss! Quite a few of us were wuite disgusted by the attitude and felt like we were a group of stupid school children being recieved into a new school.

Once we found our room I was horrified to see we were overlooking the pool bar - depsiote my request when booking the holiday with thomsons and phoning Thomson to be away from the noise of the bar as I am not a night owl and I am a very light sleeper. I also emailed the hotel a month or so before making my request so it is not as if they didn't know.

The hotel was full so moving was not an option. (we did go down to the Zafira to see if they had any availability and that was full as well) so we decided we would just see how things went. Yes its noisy but at least it closes at 12.30 and providing you do not have a load of people who just stay until the early hours with booze partying its tolerable.

The studio was not a bad size, the shower had no curtain and the bathroom would be soaking wet after having a shower despite us aiming the head towards to corner. Bedding and towels were changed every 3 days except the tea towel was nver changed in the whole 2 weeks. The rooms were cleaned every day except from Saturdays when the bins were emptied. The cleaning could be improved it has to be said.

The beds are the most awful beds ever. We had 2 single beds pushed together which is normal, however they were hard, noisy and really uncomfortable. Everytime my partner moved the noise woke me up and vice versa. They are wooden beds, not concrete based like we have had in the past in Greece which can also be fairly hard, these were just terrible.

There are a few utensils in the kitchenette thing.

In my opinion the rooms need a complete overhaul, especially the bathrooms, they look tired and the years of usage are really showing.

The beach is nice, sadly despite lots of ashtrays around there are loads of fag butts. the water is crystal clear and shallow for some distance. You are charged 6 euros for a pair of sunbeds and a parasol but you do get 2 free drinks so in effect you pay 2 euros.

We ate there once and although just ok as a snack bar we chose to eat in one of the many better places around. We did the BBQ and quiz once, a nice way of meeting some of the people, the food was ok.

The area is quiet with a few restaurants. Gorgonas as you go onto the beach and go to the right was our fave for lunchtimes. Geckas next to the supermarket was lovely and did a great kleftliko, if you like a proper breakfast or omelette go to the place up on the mainroad, not sure of its name, its a pizza place and also a lovely patisserie.

The buses are good value and a taxi from Thassos town will cost 15 or 16 euros.

I understand that next year the med is going half board but it appears there are not any plans to build a proper restuarant. I would suggest anyone who has booked or is planning on booking check this out first as although we didn't get any rain, Thassos is not called the green island for no reason (my parents stayed in the summer and it rained a lot of the evenings) so you will need somewhere covered to eat. If what we are told is to be believed, if its raining the food will be brought to the rooms which in my opnion is not acceptable. So check first!

I think it will have a negative impact on the area going half board, it will make the local eateries suffer and maybe the final nail in the coffin and the area will lose its charm. Thassos is the cheapest Greek island I have ever been to, so you really should get out of the hotels and try all of the local places.

So my comclusion - must try harder!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Neisar
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We love this place return visit from last year so relaxed, good staff, BBQ night fun, easy to walk to bars etc.. Pesky horse flies!! they bite! only bad thing!
Thassos town well worth a bus ride, easy n cheap, value for money, in local tavernas, town slighlty dearer, would recomend this as safe family place, ( sshh dont tell too many people about Thassos we dont want to spoil it!!)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family