“Hole-in-the-wall with great food”

Ouzopinelies tu Petrou
Reserve a Table
Ranked #433 of 1,393 Restaurants in Thessaloniki
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place doesn't have the greatest location--it is next to a car repair shop (not a problem if you go at night when the garage is closed). It was a short walk from our hotel just a half a block from the trendy restaurant area of town. It is a small Mom and Pop place with really great food, and only about 6 tables inside. They had good salads and seafood (calmari, sardines, catch of the day, octopus. Delicious and very reasonable (25 Euros for two of us including tip and a jug of wine).

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (22)

Reviewed October 28, 2018

On the recommendation of our tour guide we had dinner at this small fish restaurant. Greek salad, a half liter of white wine, and an excellent plate of European barracuda. Very mild fish with an excellent sauce. Chef and waitress were excellent hosts and appreciated our raving about the fish course. Art on the walls done by the waitress. Cost was modest for the food served.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Small, family owned, seafood restaurant recommended by our OAT trip leader. The owner and the two others I saw working there were extremely friendly and helpful. It was so good that I ate there twice in three days. The first time I actually went into the kitchen to make my choice of the fish of the day. I ordered it grilled, and it was perhaps the best tasting grilled fish I have ever had. The second time, I ordered mussels, in shell, cooked in some kind of feta-cheese sauce. There were as many shelled mussels as there were in the shell, and the sauce was fantastic. Definitely the best dish of mussels I have ever had anywhere. I also ordered a green salad, with a thick balsamic vinaigrette. Absolutely delicious and too much for one person. I ate a lot of good meals in Greece, but these two were by far the best. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

The owner is a charming, gracious man who speaks some English. The place has an authentic feel about it, and most guests were probably local.

We had a very fresh salad, followed by sardines, which was followed much later by very tasty shrimp. It is not by any means a fast food restaurant, so don't go there if you have an appointment later.

A word of caution: people at several tables as well as the waitress were smoking. If that bothers you, this place is not for you. It brought down my rating.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

Our tour guide recommended this place and I am glad we went. We got to pick our fish from a platter of catch of the day. The whole fish was delicious. We were server bread and appetizers of Tzaziki, Fava beans, Cheese with peppers, and black eyed peas. For the side we ordered the house specialty of fried eggplant and for dessert we had some fresh fruit and Kadahify. Everything was tasty, the staff spoke English and was very helpful and friendly. They do not accept credit cards.

Date of visit: September 2016