“Really nice”

Davitel Tobacco Hotel
Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I've been in Dvaitel Tobacco hotel in July for a weekend, due to a wedding I had to witness in Thessaloniki. Well, Tobacco hotel proved to be a really nice choice. I stayed there with two friends of mine, having reserved for a triple room in a very affordable price (75 euros per night).

The room was big enough to host us very succesfully. The furniture was nice and modern, and the room was also (self regulated, acoording to what you wish) air-conditioned.In general, I couldn't find anything but positives for the room. Very clean, excellent sleep quality.The room service was also amazing.

Furthermore, the hotel's stuff, would be characterised as professional. They will surely not steal your heart with their behaviour, but they are good professionals. They provided me with a cell phone charger, since I forgot mine at home, and were willing to give me some more extra stuff I asked for (a... bottle of fire water).

The breakfast was quite good, but, to be honest, I expected something more than what I saw.

The only real negative of this hotel is the location. The road were it is located is not very nice and will not... satisfy your requiring friends at this point. It is an excellent hotel though, although it is not really as close to the city centre (meaning Aristotelous Square) as you will expect. But it's not that far either.

Wireless Internet is available everywhere, but you will have to pay the extra charge. However, there's a perfect computer on the ground floor, next to the central lounge, open to the public.

Well, I had an excellent time in Thessaloniki the days I was hosted at Tobacco, and I would surely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Davitel Tobacco Hotel

Reviewed June 19, 2010

ok hotel,sufficient but awful area,the rooms kind of classic furnishing,small bathroom,not my taste.
breakfast and staff nice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I stayed in the Davitel Tobacco for one night during the middle of Aug with a group of friends. We wanted to be in the centre of Thessaloniki as we did not have much time in the city. The hotel is very close to all attractions, although for those who do not enjoy walking too much in the heat taxi is advisable and these are cheap and all seemed to know the hotel which saved us having to give directions. The hotel is also close to the airport (about 10 mins drive). The staff were all very friendly and helpful especially when we ordered taxis at 5am for our airport transfer. Rooms were newly decorated, clean and air-conditioning is provided. There was also a TV, fridge, mini-bar and the bathroom was spacious, clean, with a good shower and complementary toiletries. The windows of our rooms looked onto the walls of other buildings, but we were hardly in our rooms to notice so we did not find it a problem. Overall, I would say this is a comfortable hotel for sightseeing if you want something more comfortable than basic accommodation and I certainly would stay here for business as it is very central as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank smurf77
Reviewed March 21, 2009

the davitel tobacco is a very good hotel, the rooms are large, nicely furnished and clean. the staff is friendly. it is slightly far from the main attractions of thessaloniki. i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2008

We stay one night at this Hotel durin Agrotica 2008 exibition witch take place that days (6 - 10 Feb 2008).
We find it very very nice and clean. The bedrooms were very comfortable and the stuff of the Hotel very polite and helpful. The breakfast was delicius !!!
This Hotel is one of the BEST if someone wants to spent some nights in Thessaloniki.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank jsotris
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Though the hotel seems brand new it needs better service. No parking available plus its located in a very ugly area. Not recommended.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Spiros_Georgiou
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I've stayed twice in three years at Tobacco. Both times had an excellent experience. Very very friendly staff. Nice little breakfast bufffet. For the price and location...I'd say this is one of the best deals in town. Rooms very clean. Lobby sparkles. Parking is a problem for sure but then hey..this is urban Greece what do you expect?

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family