The Excelsior(Thessaloniki)
Astoria hotel(Thessaloniki)
$65
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

The Bristol Hotel(Thessaloniki)
$118
Makedonia Palace(Thessaloniki)
$156
$55
All reviewswell run hotelrecommend hotelvalue for moneyfresh productssteam roomcity centreside streetvery nice hotelminute walkfriendly personnelwalking distancemajor attractionsnoisy at nighton footbusy streetfree wifimini bar
Reviewed October 15, 2014

We have stayed for a single night at two connected rooms (onles ones at this hotel, on the 1st floor). The hotel is not that fancy and nor very close to all attractions, and yet-
the staff have been very helpful. Breakfast was nice. You could walk from here (some 20 minutes walk) to the Aristotelous Square or to the white tower). If you get tired, a taxi is always available and if you are a couple or more people travelling together then taxi is a reasonable and viable transportation option.
Rooms are not that fancy but very functional.
There are two mani streets full with shops not far away- in case you get bored, but try to hop on the culture BLUE bus- for 2Euros you get a GREAT 50 minutes tour of the cuty, including the old city and all major attractions. Guidance is given in Greek and English.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are more quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and had such a wonderful stay. Our room was the perfect size, comfortable, cosy and clean. We loved the fact that we had our own balcony. Staff downstairs were very helpful - they even provided us with the spa's towels to use when we were going to the beach! We also made use of the sauna, steam room and gym which was lovely as we were the only ones using it at the time. Breakfast was good, like others have commented, there could of been more of a selection but nonetheless it was very satisfying. Location wise, the hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from the centre and has a supermarket and coffee shops near by. You can also purchase bus tickets across the road and are near bus routes and the bus stop going towards the airport. Only thing i think needs improving is the wifi - the wifi in the room was very poor, we'd have to go towards to the door or outside in the lounge to access the internet. Over all though, it was such a lovely stay. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kyleo14
Reviewed September 9, 2014

This hotel was in a good location, reasonable walking distance to restaurants, shops and points of interest. The bar staff were exceptional in delivering a friendly efficient service to us, especially Semoneta & Vesperina. Great coffee and well made cocktails in the restaurant/bar. The gentlemen in the Concicerge were all very friendly and helpful.

On arrival, we were given a room that the previous occupants had obviously smoked in. My eyes were lead to the filthy carpet. I went to the concierge and asked that we have another room because of the strong smell of smoke. We were then given another room and the carpet was twice as bad, so so bad I couldn't bear walking bare feet. Fortunately I had slippers from a previous hotel! I fail to see how cleaners in these establishments wouldn't notice this! The rest of the room was spotless tho. We were travelling with friends and their carpet was really bad also. When I checked out, the concierge asked if everything was o.k., I told him about the carpet, and he said I should have asked for another room..... How could I, after I'd complained about the first, and I suspect most of the carpet in other rooms would have been bad. Shame!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night. I traveled with family, and this was our second stay at the Hotel Anatolia.
Hotel is just 10minutes walk from the center and it's very good located. Nice and clean room,staff very helpful.Breakfast was good, but it would be nice if thay had some more choice.There is free parking in the front of the Hotel if you travel by car as we did.
I would come back again, and I think it's nice place to stay for a few days

Room Tip: Rooms on the corner side are quiter
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Danijela S
Reviewed September 1, 2014

From the start on in getting the reservation, the follow up, the reception, the room, the service everything was smooth, clean, pleasant and well up to standard - an excellent experience and a joy to be repeated in the future

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple