“Too much food”

Agioli Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 1,095 Restaurants in Thessaloniki
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Agioli is located in the seafront of Thessaloniki, with a breathtaking 180c sea view. Come and visit any of our three restaurant areas: the Beer house, the Greek Ouzeri, or the 2nd floor restaurant.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was here with a group of 29, and we were upstairs in a room to ourselves. Our portions were enormous, some people couldn't finish it. The service was a bit slow, but what can you expect with such a large group. Great value, 3 courses, bread and wine for under 20 euros.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed the quality food again. We had an early lunch so we managed to get a seaview table upstairs which we were informed was for smokers. We opted to sit there and we had to suffer the exhaust fumes of the cars passing underneath. Despite that their dishes were excellent and the service professional.

1  Thank polygnosi
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Visited for a late dinner on a Friday. Great place, great location and great service.
The place was packed at all times, we sat on a high table next to the bar and we enjoyed one of the best dinners at a traditional Greek place ever.
Great prices, huge portions, great variety of ouzo and great service.
Definately recommended to anyone wanting to enjoy a good ouzo meze in Thessaloniki at reasonable prices and some good attention from the service.
The only problem, which is the same for all the places in Greece is that smoking is allowed inside the restaurant. This is something you see in every place in Greece i guess. it was quite annoying but what to do? Outside was 9 degrees and really really windy. No other option.

1  Thank IasonasCy
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I heard a lot about this place so when I was back in Thessaloniki I decided to check it out. I was a bit skeptical about the location since most of the restaurants/cafes on that road (Nikis avenue) are very noisy and their food is very average. My friends and I arrived there at 15:00 on a Saturday. The place was packed and we had to wait for about 30 minutes until we were given a table for 3 people. Unfortunately our table was inside. The view outside is amazing so next time I will definitely try to get a table outside. Average service probably because of the size of the place or maybe they were just understaffed. It took them for ever for the menus and the bill!
Food was very good and the portions were huge. We had 3 main courses and 3 starters and we couldn't finish them all. I was impressed with their version of Cretan ntakos and also with the papardelle pasta with sundried tomato sauce.

We paid 80 euros (with drinks) so compared with other places in the city, agioli is relatively expensive...So a bit overpriced but I guess you also pay for the view.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very poor service. I waited 3 quarters of an hour to get my main course while the others had already finished their meals. I also waited more than half an hour to get my bill just to see how overpriced everything was...

1  Thank Souli2013