“Wonderful day tour”

Eat and Walk Food Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat and Walk your way through Thessaloniki, learn all about the gastronomical history of the city, visit the oldest food markets and taste the famous local delicacies. This unique experience offers a number of choices: follow the standard tour or extend the tasting pleasure with a cooking class, a focused tasting or even a real Greek feast. For foodies or not, this walk will satisfy all five of your senses.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I booked this tour online because it had such great reviews, and it did not let me down. I booked Route 1 for my husband and I and we had a wonderful time. We began at their cooking lab in the center of the city and were treated to Greek coffee and some pastries while Esmeralda gave us a little history about the food and culture. Afterward we walked through the local markets and enjoyed generous tastings at several stops along the way, including ouzo! By the end of it we were so full that we didn't need to eat for the rest of the day. (Of course, we did anyway.) I'm so glad we did the tour because it gave us a chance to try things that we otherwise might not have. Esmeralda was very sweet and we really enjoyed her company. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone who wants an introduction to real Greek food. It is a food-centered tour, so if you want an in-depth historical tour this is not the ideal selection, but for us it was exactly what we wanted.

1  Thank LAlvarez1980

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great day walking eating our way through Thessaloniki with Madelina. She was knowledgable, open, fun and energetic. We walked through the city, stopping from time to time to chat with small local merchants, sample foods and learn about the culture. Fabulous day spent learning some of the culture of Greece.

2  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have organized a company event together with Esmeralda, Magda and Despoina. The warmth and generosity of the ladies made the cooking class and the tour unforgettable.
All of my colleagues enjoyed the activities. It was so much fun, and the food was the best we had on the entire trip.
All of us will come back again!

2  Thank GENKA R
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is an exceptional tour to do in Thessalonika. Having arrived for a city break with my sister in law and niece , we thought it was a great way to learn a little of the culture and get our bearings. We started with breakfast in the kitchen ( in a block of flats in the center) absolutely fabulous. The two ladies who greeted us were very knowledgable regarding the history of Thessalonikan food, we had a very informal relaxed breakfast and then set off around the town on a tour of the food markets and specialist shops ( sampling as we went) this has to be a ' must do ' for a first visit to this lovely city. Excellent..

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have never spent a more enjoyable time while on holiday.
We booked the cooking class with Magda and Esmeralda at their cooking lab in the center of town.
For over three hours we learned, laughed and participated in cooking an entire meal. They were both incredibly welcoming, knowledgeable and exhibited a true love for what they do.
This is a full participation class unlike others where you just sit and watch.
Not only was the history of each dish explained but the sources of the ingredients was outlined.
Run, don't walk to book one of their classes or walks, it will be one of the most rewarding experiences you will ever encounter on a holiday.

1  Thank Doug W