“Greek delight”

Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Moffat, United Kingdom
“Greek delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Although the outdoor appearance is rather run down the hotel makes up for this by providing excellent service and attention to detail.
The rooms are of a good size and well presented. There is free wi-if through out the hotel and the outside bar and restaurant has a lovely aspect. The menu is limited but the food is well presented.
I enjoyed my stay here but it was enhanced by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GS_General_Manager, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Makedonia Palace, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to personally thank you for choosing Makedonia Palace Hotel for your recent stay in Thessaloniki. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to meeting you during your next visit.

As we are continually trying to improve our services, I greatly appreciate the time you spent to write your comments on TripAdvisor website.

Your written feedback regarding your recent stay is very constructive for the hotel since guest satisfaction is a top priority issue for the hotel management.

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope to see you again soon at Makedonia Palace Hotel.

Makedonia Palace Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

As far as hotels go in Greece, this one has to be commended. Service is good, rooms are very reasonable, Lobby and bar meet expectations. Although I did not use the outdoor pool, it seemed a little small from what i could see. Overall it seemed to have enough to get me going back in the future when I will be in Thessaloniki next.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed with my boyfrined in Macedonia Palace in the begining of May ' 2013 ! We are permanent guests from 2008 for our bussiness and personal trips! For us, this is the best Hotel, best location and best servis as in Thessaloniki, as also in Greece! The Hotel is the Trade Mark of Thessaloniki, best location, best rooms and great sea view, but the most important for us always is the GREAT SERVICE we meet there! Now, with new starting from April 1st, under the new Owner managment, we see also lots of imrovements, but we are happy, because, the most important for one hotel - THE STAFF is saved! Bravo to the Owner for the saving of the best proffessionalist, I have ever meet in any hotel in the world - our dear friends from the Reception - Dimitri and Pavlos! Thanks them, that, as always they are wellcoming us with big smiles and huge love, (thanks for the taking care of my health in our stay), thanks to the precious ladies at the receptionfor their poitness !Thanks for their Rooms Division Manager Perikis Vogiatzis (he was the person, wellcome us at our first stay, with great respect to us, with huge smile and increadible hospitality and because of him, we are comming in the Hotel again and again... Special thanks to Mr. Periklis Magouls and Mrs. Maria Laspidou for taking cares of us and all our groups in Makedonia Palace in al our l last 5 years till now... Thaks for your great hospitality and love to us!!! We love you too... all of you!!! We will see all of you again at the end of August'2013 and we will celebrate together George's Birthday at 29th of August'2013, as also, with all my group pf 30 people on 2nd of September'2013 at our Coffe Break in Makedonia Palace! We are waiting to see you very soon, because, for us "Makedonia Palace" is Our Hotel in Thessaloniki & THE REASON FOR THAT IS JUST YOU! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!! MIlena Bratzova & George Barbudov, 20.05.2013

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Makedonia Palace (ex Classical) is in a wonderful location, at the waterfront and just 5 minutes from the city center. The lobby - Salonica Bar was recently renovated, airy and welcoming but I wouldn't say so about the rooms. I had a Standard room which I found to be old and grubby. The carpets were stained and the door didn't close properly. However, the view to the sea was awesome, it could be the reason to choose this hotel. I didn't like the food in the main hall, 5 The Restaurant, but this is my personal taste. Staff was extremely handy and polite.
In general, I had a nice time in MP but it neads a refurbisment ASAP. It recently changed hands so I believe that the new owner will do his best to keep it amongst the top of Thessaloniki Hotels.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must. Get a renovated room or suite if possible or try to make a deal.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Astoria oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is grand in every way. Finely appointed furnishings, elegant restaraunts,
seating available outside over looking the Sea.
Beautiful fountains with views from inside well lit at night. Clearly designed for in and outdoor enjoyment.
Simply a beautiful grand hotel one can sit and enjoy the unobstructed views and the quiet of a beautiful Greek sunset over the Aegean Sea.

• Stayed April 2013
GS_General_Manager, General Manager at Makedonia Palace, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to personally thank you for choosing Makedonia Palace Hotel for your recent stay in Thessaloniki. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The well known in Greece and abroad hotel MAKEDONIA PALACE reopened its gates under new ownership and new management. And I should say that from what I experienced the few days I stayed there at the beginning of April 2013, the future is promising. The new owner and the new management had the wisdom to keep approximately all the staff of the hotel. Experienced professionals as Periklis, Olga, Dimitris,, Foris, Nikos, Georgia, Roula, and all the others I don't have the space to mention their names, are there and offer you not only their expert help in whatever problem you may have, but also a warm and friendly environment. The chef of the Hotel, Nikos, remains in his post with his excellent dishes and now will work together with the famous Greek chef Skarmoutsos, in an attempt to offer new delicious menus. The redecoration of the hotel has already started from the main lounge and it will continue with the restaurant and later the rooms. It is a real joy to stay in this hotel and I am certain that the new manager, an experienced professional, will do his utmost to make the new era of the hotel a big success story. The most important is that the new owner seems willing to have in Thessaloniki, Greece, a worldwide famous 5star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea side room. Wen the weather is clear you have an excellent view watching in this distan...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Since the last decade, lots of fresh and contemporary design hotels have popped out in Thessaloniki. Needless to say, Makedonia palace is not one of them. The hotel is kinda old with outdoor vallet parking, needs refurbishment plus it has suffered a lot from bad management.
Yet, i wouldnt trade my stay in any other hotel; sometimes the feeling and the nostalgia of classical thessaloniki experience surpasses the need for new and trendy. The hotel is situated right on the bay providing an excellent sea view , minutes away from the center of the town. Service is not just polite in a professional way, it has the discipline warmth of people who know where they work and how they can assist with balanced behaviour and manners. Kudos to hr management for that.
Beds and Breakfast are far above average, the fresh orange juice is an excellent addon. Still, the rooms need a bit of renovation.
All in all, you can get the real thesalloniki feeling of hospitality in an affordable price. I dont usually give 5 stars in an overall review, unless there is something unique added in the recipie. Makedonia Palace has that little secret ingredient which makes it special. I just hope they will be able to maintain that feeling.

Room Tip: Definately get bay view room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank a1tair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thessaloniki
Daios Luxury Living
Capsis Hotel Thessaloniki
Capsis Hotel Thessaloniki
#20 of 60 in Thessaloniki
Hotel Nikopolis Thessaloniki

Been to Makedonia Palace? Share your experiences!