If you want to be on the waterfront in Thessaloniki, 15 mins walk from the White Tower and close to museums, and to have a swimming pool, then this is a good place to be. But if possible, wait till they finish the road works! The seafront area and local roads were completely dug up, so the view from the hotel was a bit of a mess and you couldn't walk along the waterfront into town but had to walk alongside busy roads and pick your way around heaps of rubble. Not the hotel's fault, and I'm sure it will be lovely when it's finished, but if this is important to you, then check before you book.
The hotel is clean & bright, a bit too "posh" for my taste but that's just me -- I generally prefer small hotels. We chose this one for the location and the pool. In the end the weather was too wet & windy to use the pool area, but it looked lovely, as others have said.
The room was good but not outstanding, rather "corporate," the bathroom was nice but nothing special for a five-star hotel -- a bit dated.
Breakfast was simply excellent, with a wide range of delicious local products as well as all the usual buffet selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makedonia Palace: not just a luxury hotel.... a landmark. What makes a luxury hotel really stand out? Makedonia Palace offers 283 rooms and suites and redefines the meaning of luxury stay thanks to its"strategic" position. Right in front of the hotel, the redesigned seafront of Thessaloniki with the infinite view of the sea is the ideal destination for an afternoon walk. Just a few steps away stands the most significant monument and city landmark, the White Tower. And just five minutes away on foot, the city center of Thessaloniki invites you to discover it! A real paradise in the heart of the city. Experience hospitality at Makedonia Palace, the luxury hotel of Thessaloniki with the most heartfelt "Welcome"! Additional information: Makedonia Palace,is turning new page in its history! From the 15th of April, till the 31st of May the 8th Floor's Guestrooms will be upgraded and two more Floors, 7th & 6th ,will be upgraded between the 1st of July and the 31st of August. Our goal is to offer you a leading accommodation experience for your future visits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Makedonia Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makedonia Palace - Classical Hotel Thessaloniki
- Hotel Makedonia Palace Classical
- Macedonia Palace