All reviews kosher food value for money business trip excellent location clean rooms enjoyed my stay central location pleasant stay internet connection night life walking distance excellent choice ladadika area city view polite staff air conditioning very nice hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

The only thing that is not good is the composition of breakfast. Ther'is nothing about sweet cake, croassoint , biscuit or similar. People that non eat in the morning eggs, jambon et. etc. are in very difficoult to have a good breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
paphotels, Guest Relations Manager at Astoria hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience with us was a positive one. I am, however, disappointed to hear that our breakfast choices didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for this critical feedback, which will be used in training our staff. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2019

Accomodation and location very convenient. We received upgrade to room with balcony only shower a bit small, but everything was very functional. Extremely friendly staff and the fact that kosher food was available was super.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear valued guest, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! It is truly great to hear you enjoyed our hospitality services. Your feedback is what helps us offer top quality accomodation at the best prices. Thank you once again for choosing us, we are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to our beautiful city!

Reviewed May 14, 2019

The rooms were clean and most beds were OK. Our choice of the Astoria was based on the Chabad House and Kosher meals available on the Sabbath.
However, the extra bed was very uncomfortable. We saw in Greece convertible chair/beds that were very good, but not at the Astoria.
In addition, the room refrigerators were very weak and took a long time to cool food.
The lighting was very poor with no overhead lights, if this is important to you.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest, thank you for your review! I am very happy that you enjoyed our prime location that offers convenient access to all parts of our vibrant city and of course Jewish sites. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the condition of your room. This has already been communicated to the concerned staff, as well as our Management, and is assured to have a positive impact on our level of services. Looking forward to welcoming you again, thus offering you a truly great hospitality experience.

Reviewed May 14, 2019

Location is quite convinient, just 10 minutes walk from city centre. Rooms are not spacious but they are clean and have basic facilities. I did not like the fact there was no boiling water machine in the room for making tea and coffee.

Breakfast is more then modest, and for 3 Star hotel it should be much better.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience with us was a positive one. I am, however, disappointed to hear that our room condition & breakfast didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for this critical feedback, which will be used in training our staff. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2019

Although from the first time I have visited the hotel there are some things that are not as good anymore, I need to say that Astoria Hotel is a very good option if somebody wants to stay in Thessaloniki. The previous three times I had visited the hotel for pleasure but know I came on a business trip. The location of the hotel is ideal, on a walking distance from the center and at the same time close to the city exit towards the high way. Also the fact that there is a parking place close by is very convenient. The previous time I was not satisfied with the breakfast so I did not include it this time and I cannot commend on that. The staff in general was very polite and helpful.
There were 2 things I did not like:
1) The central ventilation was programmed for cold although the days were still cold and rainy so I could not turn on the heating in the room and I needed to request a blanket.
2) There was a music playing centrally in the corridors all day and night and when there was silence it sounded really loud and it was disturbing in particular at night.
Also, the room that I stayed was fine since I was alone but I saw on booking that it can also be recommended for couples which I think is not possible.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear EleniF10, thank you for making our hotel your second home when you're in Thessaloniki! Your continued patronage of our hotel is sincerely appreciated and we hope to be part of your future trips. Everything you mentioned, will be addressed directly to whom it must. As always, don't hesitate to let us know if you're visiting again soon. Our staff are always ready to welcome you and help you with anything. Thank you & take care!