“A very welcoming, if dated, hotel”
Review of Hotel ABC

Hotel ABC
Ranked #36 of 58 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at ABC Hotel with my mother and my baby. I was travelling for work while on maternity leave and had to take the baby with me, so it was a rather particular situation. I was disappointed from the hotel to start with, as it is old and dated. The furniture is basic, the towels are worn, the beds have thin blankets and it all feels rather poor. Nevertheless, our room was very clean and was cleaned daily to a high standard, which we really appreciated. The location is great too, as the hotel is conveniently situated in the city centre, near many restaurants and cafes, and opposite the University of Thessaloniki. Furthermore, the staff were all stars. Welcoming and warm, they made us feel at ease straight away. We had breakfast with the baby every morning, and the staff was so helpful in getting us a high chair and accommodating our needs. They were also really warm towards the baby, which made me relax. The breakfast was rich in terms of choice, with everything one expects from a hotel buffet (hot egg dishes, yogurt and cereals, bread and jam etc) plus some lovely extras such as Thessaloniki 'bougatsa, both sweet and savoury. You could also order the coffee of your preference, which was a welcome change to the black-coloured liquid one often gets instead of coffee at hotel buffet breakfasts. As we were there for work, colleagues and I spent a couple of days at the hotel's meeting room - again the staff were very helpful and thoughtful, checking our supplies frequently. Unfortunately one has to pay extra for the internet, which always annoys me at hotels - the good thing is, it is very reasonably priced here, so it doesn't matter too much. I would definitely recommend this hotel, as I think it offers good value for money overall.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel ABC

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very old . No update's. hotel staff, you can tell been there for a long time. Don't care much about tourist. Service is terrible, breakfast buffet is very poor. Room was very old, third bad is on the floor. Very old furniture in the room , phone did not work. Tv was old.cigarette burns in the bathroom I have told my parents not to take shover, there was a chance to get fungus!!!
I'm very disappointed , the way they sell their product .

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 28, 2014

A nice hotel for the price.
It is in the centre and you can walk to the main attractions of the city. Located near the Museum, White tower, Ataturk's house, Roman Arc and also Agora is a about 5-10 minutes walking distance.
You may get to the seaside easily.
The only problem is the internet.Wi-fi is not free. 5 hours is 1,5 euro. but it is really slow.

Room Tip: Get a double bed, single beds are relatively small.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kemal B
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed only one night but we would have stayed more if we had the time, Excellent location in the Center and a 2 min Walk to the Bus station which you wouldn't need much because you are already in the center. clean Rooms, Clean Bathrooms and Good Service. The Room had a Balcony with a good view of the square in front f the hotel, I would recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you're looking a place to stay in the center of THESALONIKI then this is it!
Nice and clean rooms with plenty of space in the center of thesaloniki so you don't need a car to explore the town! Nice service and a nice breakfast buffet every morning!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joy H
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed there for two nights, in a tiny one-bed room, but it was ok (though thre was a bad smell when you entered the room). The price, without a breakfast, seemed to me a little too much. I must point out the kindness and willingness of the stuff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2013

we stayed there when we visited the local university to attend some courses. The location was perfect, next to the University and really close to everything important in the city,
Other than that the hotel was really bad. Our room was really old and smelly, looked dirty and, with a window facing a wall. Breakfast was decent but not special, and the guy in the reception almost denied us one breakfast because we arrived at 6am , while we had payed for the previous night..For the 90 euros for a twin room, it's really bad

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business