“Amazing hostel!”
Review of Little Big House

Little Big House
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon, and our experience was excellent. Good location, excellent accommodations, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. One staff member (Veronika) even made a doctor's appointment for us (with her own doctor! After hours!) and helped us get medical care in Thessaloniki. I can't recommend this place enough. The best place we stayed in Greece.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our stay at the Little Big House was awesome. You get very detailed instructions on how to reach the Hostel, and even a message in Greek to show to Taxi drivers or people on the street if you need help.
The staff was always friendly, cheerful and helpful with all kinds of questions (shopping, eating, travelling). The two young owners of the hostel, Vicky and Harry, live in the same house and are also approachable and friendly.
The front garden area was a good place to meet people at breakfast (which costs 2 Euros and includes a fair variety of options) or while hanging out during the day. Our dorm was clean and well eqiupped, with big lockers and a little kitchen area.
The location is good, in the middle of the beautiful, old part of the city. It's a little walk downhill to the central squares and boulevards, but it's nice to get to know the place. There's a small corner market and an amazing little restaurant, both within a 2-minute walk of the hostel. For a breathtaking view of the city, just climb uphill for a couple of minutes and chill out at the old city fortress walls like the locals do.
This is definitely one of the places where if we visit the city again, there's no question of the Hostel we'll stay in!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I am staying here, my room has a kitchen
Went to fresh fish market with couple of other guys. We grilled out on the terrace it is not finished fancy. Picnic tables, grill,
Wine lit candles, sing alongs with folks from all over.
Owners set the mood. Big welcoming smile making fun out of hard work
Even when I had to wake her up at 4:00 a m. Because i left my keys in the room
while out for night life.
It is a great experience. At least two others and myself extended our stay just because this place is a blast.
These young people keep me young. Little do they know i am twice their age !!
However, professional journalists and authors are also guests here.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here in June 2012 and I nearly cried when I had to leave. I felt right at home! The staff were beyond friendly, helpful and cheerful. Little Big House is hands down the best hostel to say at in Thessaloniki. When I return, I will stay here again without a doubt. There is a breakfast included by your choice every morning for 2 euros. The rooms are clean, spacious and include their own cooking facility and large locker.

I left Little Big House for a few days and traveled to Hilkadiki for two days. The staff organized an apartment for me to stay in and everything was taken care of. This is a brilliant hostel and I would recommend it any day!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. The hostel is very small and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have no words to describe this amazing hostel! It is like a 4 star stay! Super - super clean, fancy and quiet. Located to the upper town of Thessaloniki but easy to reach. The breakfast, the beds, the linens, the whole atmosphere and aesthetic was outstanding! But the most amazing thing is the owner, Vicky! She is the definition of kindness, joy and hospitality!
Definitely we want to go back to such a beautiful place!

Room Tip: Everything is great in this Hostel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelner
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was a treat to stay at the Little Big House: it was super clean, quiet, and the staff was outstanding. The 4-bed dorm had it's own bathroom and a kitchenette; there was always coffee and tea available downstairs. Have directions handy; it's up in the old section of town, very quaint, but a little difficult to find. One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in, a fantastic value and great experience!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I loved the location in the old town you can explore and feel the history on every street, easy to walk into the centre, you just keepgoing down, if you dont fancy the walk back ( its not so hard, i did it almost evrey night) a taxi from the centre is a few euro.
THe Hostel, value for money is an understatment, i wont write about it all the web page has all the correct info and its exactly as it says. Rooms are very clean and the kitchenette is great.
WHat isnt written is the relaxed, genuine freindliness of Viki, Stella and Kiriakos. THey make you feel that your in there home and more than welcome. THey dont through info at you but ask a question or need advice and they will do all they can for you. I'm blown away tobe honesst, my fourr day stay turned into almost two weeks, just settled in there and feel i have aa home to go to in Thessolaniki now.
DOnt take my word for it, go experiance it for yourself, one night or one week. I dont think i'll stay anywhere like it again. YOu guys should be cloaned and have a Little Big house in every city.
Malcolm Coulton

Room Tip: THere is no swimming pool, i made a mistake and cant take it off, sorry !
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo