Just got back after a 4 day stay in Electra Palace Thessaloniki. A great hotel placed right on Aristoteles square. We had booked a superior room on the frontside of the hotel with a balcony overlooking the aristoteles square and the sea (it´s a must, worth every penny). Got a room on the 4th floor. Room spacius and everything you needed was there.
After 2 days we were asked if we could move to another room due to renovation, so we got a better room on the 5th floor, a corner room with an even more amazing balcony. Bed a little smaller, but the room felt more like a suite.
Brekfeast was amazing on the rooftop with a spectacular view. A great of choices to choose from. The pool area on the rooftop was kind of small, and some days the sunbeds wasn´t enogh for everybody. The pool is not deep, I think it might messaure a 1,2m deep. But nice to swim in when it´s sunny and hot.
The airport bus stops a block from the hotel and taxis are right outside the hotel and it cost about 20euro to get to the airport.
Overall a very good hotel I really can recommend. Right in the heart of Thessaloniki close to restaurants and shops
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Majestic: this word is not an overstatement when it comes to the Electra Palace hotel in Thessaloniki. Built in one of the most impressive city squares of Greece, Aristotelous Sq., facing the endless sea of the Thermaikos Gulf, its architecture at once imposing and noble, it is one of the city's architectural gems. Inside the hotel's byzantine-inspired exterior, hides a neoclassical heart: wood paneling, marble inlay and wooden floors, plush carpets, cabriole and chesterfield sofas, ornate furniture, luxurious details, generous amenities and, of course, breathtaking views: on a clear day one can easily see as far as mount Olympus across the gulf. Beneath the Electra Palace Thessaloniki's windows and balconies, lies the lively center of a vibrant city: Aristotelous Square. In between city square and mighty mountain, the expansive horizon, the endless blue of the sea. Right in the heart of city, the Electra Palace Thessaloniki is ideally located whether you are in town for business or pleasure: within walking distance from the shopping district, the Thessaloniki International Exhibition Center, most major monuments, museums and sites, the Ladadika area and right across from Olympion cinema that hosts the Thessaloniki International Film Festival, it is the place to stay when meeting with business partners, attending trade shows, enjoying the city's rich cultural scene or exploring its nightlife. Featuring comfortable, well equipped rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, a gym and spa, a wonderful restaurant on the top floor, and the renowned Electra Hotels and Resorts service, it is also the par excellence place to unwind and relax, enjoying unparalleled views and the hospitality you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Electra Palace Thessaloniki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki Golden Tulip