“VISITE METEORA” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Thessaloniki
limassol
“VISITE METEORA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

clean,good hotel.good room,breakfast,near to center,Ladadika area with restaurants & clubs, must visit Meteora - one of wonder place in earth.....

Room Tip: good inaf space clean quiete
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank oleglimassol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Concho, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

The reception area women are not accommodating to the patron in any way. They denied information in a snooty manner when confronted. The website is not consistent with the services rendered. Don't trust what you read on their website.

• Stayed April 2011
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was customer at this hotel till 2005.Because of the bad behavior of the stuff i stopped going there.This April because of Easter many hotels around there were full so i decided to visit them again thinking that maybe something changed.
On my arrival they asked me to pay an advance for the 3 days i had to stay.That time i had 70 euro on me because i hadnt stop before at an atm.I asked, 50euro are ok?Of course she said,no problem.I gave the 50 euro,my id card and my company details that they had already in their pc from my visits there from the past.
I asked from the restaurant to send me at the room a spaggetti and a salad.Very soon it was at my room,asking me to pay 13 euro.I told to put the amount at the room bill,but he told me that this can be done in <<some rooms>>and i had to pay directly.For my good luck i had the rest 20euro,so i payed him cose he was ready to take the plates back.The food was awful but i was very hungry,the center little far from there so i ate that s%#$t
In the morning at the breakfast i took a boiled egg.Inside had a kind of slime,but it looked ok.I cut it and still was looking ok,so i smell the crocus.It was smelling like corpse.I called the waiter,i told him about it,he told me that the egg is looking good and they boiled it 3 hours ago.Because there were many people at the restaurant and i didnt want to make problem,i asked from him to take the plate with the egg to the kitchen and check it there.He did like this and after 5' he came out saying me the chef's answer:<<The egg is fresh,but maybe during the boiling it broke,water came inside and made this problem>>.
I told him this is ridiculous excuse,i have boil many eggs in my life and usually are broken but always good and that egg was no broken. For sure it was boiled more than a week,out of refrigerator and they put it on the top in the basket for to be consumed.I noticed him that because of the egg was looking good it was possible for a child to eat eat,without the parents to see the problem and all we know that egg poisoning is very dangerous for the life.He suggest me to boil a fresh egg for me,i refused and we finished there.
At evening i came back to the room,but trying to open the door using the magnet card it was impossible.I thought that happened a demagnetization to the card,so i went downstairs to the reception to fix it.The woman who was there informed me that the card has no problem,they blocked it because first i had to pay in advance all the amount for the 3 days i had to stay there.I told her that they have my id card,my company details,so i cant leave without paying and at last in all hotels i have been,first time they ask me this.
Having a tone like official in hotel at DDR or USSR he demand to pay for to fix the card,i did this and i took the card back.
Next day i left the room at about 11 in the morning and i returned about 18.00.I noticed that they didnt come to clean the room,but it wasnt so big problem.I had a shower and then i was working at the pc.Suddenly i hear to knock the door.Who is? i aske.Room cleaning i hear an angry voice.No,thank you,i answer.And then i hear the same voice more angry and loud.<<If you dont want room cleaning service you have to put the sleeping sign on the door>>.I understood that in this hotel they have their rules at their world.I sent the email about these,but till now no response.The same behavior at their hotel in Heraklion -Crete.We stayed one night at a single and a mingle room and the next day at the checkout they demand to pay for a chocolate we didnt consume.After 10' dispute he discovered that he made a mistake at the room number,but till that time,he and all people around the reception were looking us like we were thieves.
About the hotel,the rooms are good,the location no good especially the night,wifi free at the rooms with good signal,no international tv channels at the tv-just 4 greek-food quality very poor noise from the street and from the other rooms.There are hotels around capsis much better on the same price.

Room Tip: there is no nice view in any room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
41 Thank paterdemon
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

Thessaloniki is a beautiful place and the capsis is very good choise ,the rooms were clean,and the servise was great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

We chose Caplis Hotel Thessaloniki for different reasons: the proximity to the railway station ( 'cause our train from Athens arrived there too late) and of course the price: around 60 euro/night for a double room without breakfast.
We liked the fact that the hotel is near the railway station, so by foot it is just 5 minutes.
The service and the personnel were very friendly and ready to assist us.
The hotel is an old renovated hotel. The room's design was fine with modern furniture.
However, there was absolutely no noise-isolation. We could listen everything happens on the upper floor or next rooms because the floor is from wood, so if somebody wears shoes you can listen every single noise. We were very disappointed because of this, ew couldn't enjoy our sleep. Also, the bathroom's door doesn't close properly ( it is designed like that) which means that smells and sounds can be heard and it can be embarassing if you are not with your partner.
The region where the hotel is is not that close to the center, and somebody has to take a taxi.
We didn't try the breakfast so we don't know.
In general, we wouldn't recommend, neither we would visit it again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
37 Thank Bosporos
Thessaloniki, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

One week after our stay at the Holiday Inn Thessaloniki, we had to stay again at a hotel for one night in the city. This time, we did select the Capsis, mostly because of the good price on booking.com, the central location (a few meters away from the railroad station) and the reports we read here. From outside it looks like an impersonal, uninspiring building but this seems to be the norm with the hotels in Thessaloniki and most big greek cities.

Our room, located on the 5th floor, was neither large, nor very small. Its furniture was modern and good looking. But in my opinion, it's not enough for a room to be described as a good one. The double bed consisted of two single mattresses, which seemed to be soft and old. The lack of cupboards, drawyers and other storage places, although it wasn't an issue for us, would be a problem for a longer stay. Talking about air conditioning, the device was old and, though it was efficient, it was noisy. But the worst problem of all was the very bad soundproofing. We could very clearly hear the guest in the nearby rooms coughing, watching TV or talking on the phone. The bathroom, although it had all the amenities one would expect from a hotel of it's class, was small.

Room service was quick, food was of good quality and, what is more, their prices were among the best we have ever paid at a hotel.

Talking about the staff, both during checking in and checking out, they were helpful and friendly. But when, during our stay, we asked where the nearest pharmacy was, the answer we received from a reception clerk was more like "Where should I know where you can find an open pharmacy on a Wednesday afternoon ? Go and check for it on the internet". Having seen hotel personell willing to give information on much more difficult issues, I think it was not the right way to treat customers at a hotel of any class.

In general, I could say that the hotel didn't met our expectations. Having paid the same amount one week earlier at the Holiday Inn (70 euros per night), the service we received there was much better than that at the Capsis. If in the future I'll have to stay again at a hotel in Thessaloniki, I think I'd look for something else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lgts
Killinchy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights for a conference and shared a twin room with my colleague. This is a really nice hotel, the rooms were very modern and trendy, beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked well, there was a hairdryer etc. Bathrooms were also nice (lovely fluffy towels) but weirdly the heavy glass bathroom door didn't actually lock or even close, it just swung into place and stayed there! Would have been nice to have a locking door, especially when staying with a work colleague! Breakfast was excellent, selection of hot foods, lots of breads, greek yoghurt, fruit etc. I also ordered room service one day when I was working for a while and got the most gorgeous creamy chicken soup, was enough to feed about 3 and only 5.50 (euro). We didn't use the rooftop pool but I did sit up there and read for a while one day with a hot chocolate, it's a nice little space to have. The hotel isn't really in the nicest of locations, and it's about 20 mins walk to the white tower and seafront, but the bus system is cheap and efficient and I would stay in the hotel again if I was in Thessaloniki

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business