“An oasis”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“An oasis”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The restaurant is located in the same building as the Byzantine Museum. I ate there late in the afternoon and given that the weather was good I chose to eat on the outside terrace. Although you are within the city and you therefore expect some noise pollution the atmosphere was very serene. The waiter was polite and explained to me that I could either eat a la carte or choose one of three menu's which are available until 6:00 p.m. These menu's offer value for money as you get a starter, main course and a dessert as well as a glass of wine and a bottle of mineral water for between EUR 15 - EUR 25 per person (if my memory serves me right).

The food is very well presented and more importantly tasty. My starter consisted of a green salad with a nice dressing and baby corn. The main course was a delicious pork tenderloin with caramelized onions and some buttery basmati (?) rice. Only disappointment was the dessert, a semifreddo. It was nothing more than some weak tasting coffee with ice-cream which was only sweet and had no flavor at all.

Regardless of the bad dessert I will make sure to eat in this restaurant again next time I visit Thessaloniki.

• Visited October 2012

• Greek first
Ioannina, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great choice. i will go again.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

excellent service especially the timing and attitude. all food was fresh, right quantity, rich distinct flavours. the special menu choices are good value.

1 Thank Giannis F
THESSALONIKI, GREECE
“Perfection every time!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The first time I visited this restaurant it was back in the "dark ages" of smoking being permitted indoors!! Since then lots have changed in the Greek law, but few restaurants abide by the law in Greece!!! This is one of the few!
The service is always impeccable, the food is divine, the wine always has the right temperature and you can find lots of different brands, even organic!
And all that in a relaxing, smoke free environment.
Thank you, you are one of the reasons to boast in my hometown of Thessaloniki!

Visited July 2012
Thessaloniki
“Good, Better, the Best.”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Since my last critic I have visited B. restaurant several times. Summarizing my experience I strongly believe that it is by far the best restaurant in Thessaloniki. The Service is flawless, polite and relaxed at the same time. The really have an eye for treating formal meeting or letting you have more privacy. The aperitif, wine, and drink list is extensive, and you will always get extra information and suggestions. The dishes are great. Inspired, interesting, fresh. Normally dull dishes- e.g fish soup- were great and even strange combinations such as fava with sepia together with the ink, were tasteful. If you visit B. at summertime choose a table on the garden with the olive trees. Definately a must in Thessaloniki!

• Visited March 2012
West Yorkshire
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I ate at this restaurant last week and the food was absolutely delicious. It was early evening and I was the only person in the restaurant (I was travelling alone for a conference) but I couldn't fault either the food or the service. Yes it is a little bit more expensive but you get what you pay for and it was amazing. It's like an oasis in the big city of Thessaloniki and I would highly recommend it. I ate the frying pan mushrooms for starter and the carbonara for main, the portions are big And the wine selection is very good. I wanted to return for lunch however they were closed for a function but if I return to Thessaloniki I would definitely go back for a meal.

• Visited July 2012