“Excellent customer service and excellent facilities!”
Review of The Met Hotel

The Met Hotel
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Thessaloniki
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A unique hotel with very impressive architecture elements, perfect rooftop pool and deck. Rooms were clean, spacious and beautifully decorated like the rest of the hotel. We really liked the art pieces exhibited throughout the lobby / outside deck and had an amazing time there thanks to Met staff hospitality. We would go back and stay there in a heart beat!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Haris N N, General Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the service received.

Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at The Met to continue providing the best service experience.

I will be sure to share you kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Haris N Neofytidis

Write a ReviewReviews (1,520)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent Hotel , very friendly personel , minimal design , very clean rooms , rich buffet breakfast and everything really tasty ,fantasic pool on the roof ,we really can not say anything bad about this Hotel . We have stayed several times there , always enjoy our stay there ! Children friendly and always helpfull in every need ! We recommend it to everyone !!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Haris N N, General Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madame ,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your views on your stay with us.

We are pleased that the overall experience has been satisfactory. Your kind input will be communicated to the team members. Satisfaction of our guests is our primary concern and email like yours show that we are on the right path

Once again, thank you for providing your valuable feedback. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

hotel of 2013 and after!!
uniqeu dezine, exellent atmospere!!
not only a bussiness hotel!!
chan and avenue restaurant... simple the best!
good, clean and fresh food!!...well done to chefs and them teams!
an a"la cart time!!
what to say about spa!!... next time i will be there all day!!
a hotel in the center of the city!!
join it!!

Room Tip: everwhere you like!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank christos v

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I notice that most of the reviews are 5 stars. Yes this hotel is exactley what it claims to be an Art Hotel. It's a gem in the middle of one the ugliest areas in Thessaloniki. Finding it was a task first and for most. When driving up your like theres a hotel in this area. As you pull up you are shockingly suprised how nice it is. It has it's own private underground parking done in pink. The reception lobby is like a museum with art all over. Every where you look you are more impressed. From the roof top pool and insane views to the indoor pool and spa. They have a really nice and expensive restaurant, breakfast buffet was ok, should've been better for the type of hotel. That's where all the luxury stops.
Like most 4-5 star hotels all the art and luxury stops at the room. Our room was decent sized but designed in all really dark wood which made the room very dark even when the lights were on. With all the wood our room smelled moldy when you opened the door to the room. I think they almost put too much thought into the design cause they had way too many light switches which made it confusing. Our balcony did have a view of the sea and a view of the city. Once again there was no shower curtain, so water gets all over the floor. There was a weird window in the bathroom leading into the bedroom. Like almost all my other reviews the bed was not very good either. I want to know how you can have 1000$ of art on the wall and bed from the 80's and no shower curtains. The bed frame wasn't very convenient either. I'm trying to find things I did like other than the pool and it's really hard. I did like that they had a shuttle into the city center of Thessaloniki since theres not a lot of parking in Thessaloniki.
Over all this Hotel is exactly what it claims to be an Art hotel. It just isn't for me. It had too much art and not enough comfort for my taste. The staff was amazing can't say enough about the staff. I personally need a little more comfort when spending the kind of money you spend at a hotel like this. If you can afford millions of dollars worth of Art and Furniture you can afford a decent bed and shower curtain that's all i'm trying to say. If I were to go to Thessaloniki again ( I dought it) I would not stay here I would stay at a hotel closer to the city center. If Art is your thing you'll love this hotel. For the hotel itself I would give it a 4-5 star for the comfort about 2-3 star which is disappointing for me to write but that's how I feel. Thanks

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willieb303
Haris N N, General Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor .I am glad that your enjoyed our service , pool , restaurant and free shuttle bus to Aristotelous square.
I can not agree more with you that The Met Hotel ( as any hotel in the world) is not for everyone.At the end of the day it is a matter of taste , aesthetics and choice.
I am sorry that we do not have shower curtain but we don t . Still there is a glass panel( offering definetaly higher level of hygiene than a shower curtain ) in order to keep water inside the bath tub.
Concerning your comments about our beds I would like to note for future guests that a hotel build in 2009 there is no way to use beds from the 80's.In fact our beds are Coco-Mat and many reviews in this site are referring to them .
Indeed between the bathroom and he bedroom in some rooms there is a window .That was the case in 303 that you stayed .Should one wish more privacy he/she could just close the existing door and solve the issue if there was any .

Once again thank you for your time posting your comments and for staying with us

Reviewed August 8, 2013

congradulations for the hotel. is the most clean hotel i ever stay , very polite and friendly reception, excellent breakfast buffet with variety of products and they have a new mercedes benz mini van for free which pick you up to the shops. the mini bar is free!!!the rooms are big with all the amentitites.the whole hotel is extremly architectonical super.really is the best of the town and you should deffintly stay there if you visit thesaloniki.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Haris N N, General Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a really excellent hotel. On arrival, we were upgraded to an executive room, which was very nice. Service is of very high level, and the quality to price ratio extremely high. When we complained about a crying baby next door we were offered another room, just for sleeping, without having to repack our bags. It's a bit far from the centre (about 20' on foot from Aristotelous Square) and the surrounding area is not great (but very quiet!) but there is a shuttle bus to town every hour or so. The rooftop pool is great after a day of sightseeing! Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel is great, good value for money. The pool at the roof is my favorite! The location is not in the center but in industrial area, though it is not that far 15 min walk. The only 2 things i did not like is unprofessional staf at breakfast and at the pool and spa and the fact it is not as clean as it should be specially the spa area. Despite the facts i would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Haris N N, General Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor member ,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Met Hotel on your recent visit to Thessaloniki and for your recommendation.We are really glad that you enjoued your stay with us.Concerning your comments I would like to inform you that I will take any requested action in order to minimize issues like those in the future
Once again, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your valuable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Met on your next visit to Thessaloniki

Yours