All reviews the heart of the city incredible stay minimalist hotel great location rooftop terrace amazing hotel comfy bed walking distance very helpful staff enjoy your stay perfect place to stay modern rooms restaurants and cafes underground parking will visit again recommend this hotel breakfast was delicious
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Clean comfortable rooms and very friendly helpful staff. Excellent location right next to the main square of the city. Rooms are small with minimal places to put things and breakfast buffet area also a bit cramped but being city centre we understand that space is at a premium. Pleasant rooftop sitting area for breakfast. Very reasonable price considering it’s central location.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Thanasis D, Διευθυντής at The Modernist, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear "Gingerpud",
Thank you so much for your lovely review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much.
On behalf of all my colleagues, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed for four nights.We arrived early in the morning but our room was made available. The rooms are bright,modern and an ample range of bathroom soap and shampoo. My wife was pleased with the powerful hairdryer which she could plug in beside a large mirror.
The Nespresso coffee machine in the room got us of to a good start to the day.
Staff extremely friendly and helpful. The room was maintained to a high standard.

Date of stay: June 2019
ThanasisD86, Manager at The Modernist, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Alan,
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We are very happy to read that you felt our service was excellent and that we were able to ensure a wonderful travel experience.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2019

My wife and I stayed here with our parents for 4 nights and it was one of the highlights of our trip. The service was the best we have ever experienced. The front desk staff are all very pleasent and accommodating - I can't say enough good things about them. Thanasis and Jiansou went over and beyond to provide us recommendations, help us with a car rental, and make us feel welcome. We are still talking about how amazing the staff are!

The hotel is extremely clean and modern. Small space but well designed. Showers have great pressure and are easy to get in/out of. The location is in the heart of city centre.

We will definitely be recommending this amazing hotel to our family and friends.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Phil G

Dear Phil,
Thank you so much for your brilliant review.
We are very happy to read that you felt our service was excellent and that we were able to ensure a spectacular travel experience.
It was our pleasure to have hosted you and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Manager
P.S. Congrats for the Raptors!!!

Reviewed June 13, 2019

Likes
- About ten minute walk to the bay which is beautiful
- Surrounded by pedestrian streets
- Stylish decor that is up to date while keeping the flavor of the building that I think is 100 yo
- Comfortable bed
- More space than most boutique hotels
- Excellent housekeeping
- Excellent breakfast on covered terrace; staff attentive, friendly, really know what they’re doing
- Nice size bathroom
- Front desk friendly and helpful
- Plenty of electrical outlets to recharge computer, phone, etc.

Dislikes
- Quite a flight of stairs from the street to the reception area and no bell staff to help. Too bad the hotel architects didn’t give that problem more attention. I managed but it was a pain.
- No closet to hang things up and no shelves to put clothing on, just some hooks on the wall; but there was a ledge to set out suitcase, which was is no longer the case in many boutique style hotels
- While the location is great for exploring the city, the area around the hotel is a bit rundown; there are a lot of empty storefronts with the graffiti that currently plagues Greece
- No laundry service. Hotel has arrangement with a laundry down the street but it was too complicated. I don’t want to take the laundry myself which was suggested. Or come down in the morning to the front desk with laundry in my arms and wait to get someone to call the laundry. I want the hotel to handle it.

*** I would stay here again and would recommend to friends. Nice hotel, great location. I thought this proved a lot for the price.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear "artappraiser",
We really do appreciate our guests taking the time to leave us feedback.
It is our primary aim to deliver the very best of experiences to our guests, so we will take your notes under serious consideration.
With my thanks again for your care and attention in providing your comments, and we hope very much to welcome you back to The Modernist!

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is a gem!! Great location, the parking was a little tricky, but every place in a city like Thessaloniki has tricky parking. The staff was wonderful and the hotel is fun, well kept and very comfortable!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Leigh_AnnT_12

Dear Leigh Ann,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review online.
It was our pleasure to have hosted you and we hope to welcome you back soon!