“Good fun and a must do!! :-)”

Laganas Horse Riding Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Established 1994. Our beautiful, well bred and well trained horses will take you out on unforgettable rides. Beginners are welcome. Experienced riders can have a cantor or even a gallop on the sand dunes by the beach. All rides are accompanied and supervised by an experienced,English speaking guide, and are fully insured. We provide riding gear and free pick up and drop off service.
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner took our first trip to zakynthos in August, and being my first ever trip abroad, was a little aprehensive.

The horse riding was our first excursion in zakynthos, and was very happy to say it was such a pleasant experience! The riding centre was about a 5 min quad bike ride away from our hotel 'Astir Beach' so was nice and close however mavra was more than happy to pick us up and drop us back. It was a late afternoon ride, so not too hot. Mavra was very friendly and made us feel comfortable she also offered us riding hats which wasn't compulsory. We were guided by her partner nikos who was also very pleasant. The horses were lovely, healthy and well behaved :)! The relaxing ride lasted an hour and this was around the island with some really nice scenic views, across fields, through woodlands and sand dunes and avoiding the main roads. Only tiny gripe was I consider myself a knowledgable rider and there was no trotting/cantering or gallop as in some posts experienced. My partner hadn't had much experience so I wasn't too worried. But would had been nice if he experienced a little trotting as well :-). However as I say going through previous posts this is the first it has been mentioned so dont let that put you off! :). It was amazing to do! And only cost €20 each. Must do! Thanks for a great day :-D!

1  Thank LinziMarie85

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nikos and Mavra are a very nice couple offering an excellent and friendly riding experience. Mavra picked us up from my hotel, a half hour away, and drove us back. The horses were beautiful and healthy and the scenery on the ride was amazing. We totally avoided riding on roads and were always in fields, forests or a long gorgeous stretch of beach where we could see turtle nests. My 11 year old daughter, who has been taking riding lessons, was able to ride ahead and gallop to her heart's content, while I, a less experienced rider, was able to walk peacefully with Nikos, our guide, who also kindly took pictures of us. We have done treks in many vacation places and this was one of the very best. We look forward to coming back.

3  Thank roadwatcher
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We cannot recommend Nikos and Mavra highly enough. Mavra was kind enough to collect us from our hotels and is a wonderful, friendly, jolly person. Nikos then took us out for a ride, through the local countryside before heading down to the beach for some gallops along the sand-dunes. It was a wonderful experience and our highlight of our time in Zakynthos, and of which we have some lovely photos from the beach thanks to Nikos. We in fact enjoyed this so much we ended up going again on the last evening of our trip! And to top the experience off, it was good to see that Nikos and Mavra have a genuine love for horses and treat the horses fantastically, with their welfare always fully looked after. We hope to see you again, maybe at one of the giostra that you recommended! Iain & Samantha

2  Thank IainAH
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Just had 13 trip's can not wait until next year. My son had his time of his life. Great people's and horses

The best stables on the island

3  Thank Wing1200
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a wonderfull late afternoon ride along the Laganas Beach with Horse Riding Center, Laganas. Nice people - Nice views - Nice Weather, and of cause Nice Riding. Already looking forward to next time we visit Zakynthos.

1  Thank OleNoer