Review Highlights
Great ride in the sand dunes beside the sea

Had a great experience with Laganas Riding Centre today. Fabulous service - we were picked up and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Go673972
Sunset ride

October 2018, picked this after reading reviews. Arranged with Mavra, owner before our holiday to... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Mab689
Norwich, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Zakynthos
from $32.70
from $35.30
from $41.80
More Info
All reviews sand dunes hour ride lovely horses riding experience experienced riders great ride long trousers time slot m a z i n g slow walk limited experience unforgettable experience wooded area well trained horses white horse beautiful pictures lovely family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were picked up outside our hotel and taken to the riding area. We really enjoyed our trek across the fields and along the beach with Nikos. My youngest daughter is six and had not ridden before. She was supported throughout the ride, while my older daughter and I were left to ride independently. The family were very friendly and were very accommodating to any requests. Had a great time.

3  Thank Julie W
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Horse riding is an activity or experience that should not be missed if you are visiting Zante/Laganas. In particular, if you choose Horse Riding Center Laganas, you will enjoy every single minute of it and never forget the experience and the lovely family of Nikos and his wife Marva. My partner and I visited ZANTE mid-June and desperately looking to find horse riding places, accidentally found Horse Riding Center Laganas on the internet and contacted them via email. Lovely Mrava, answer my email very shortly, and we arranged our visit. She picked up us from our hotel (Village Inn) by her funny car!!, to the Horse Riding Center Laganas. Then very kindly she did show us the horses and how to ride them all the information about the ride and safety. She gave us two calm and beautiful horses (the calmer one for my wife as it was her first time and no experience of hours riding). Her son(sorry can not remember his name) guided us thought the beautiful countryside scenery and beach of Kalamaki for one hour, then back to the Horse Riding Center Laganas. We had absolutely no problems and both of us were very happy and satisfied with everything and would recommend Horse Riding Center Laganas to all of our family and friends (Rizgar and Bahare).

4  Thank Rizgar Q
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Firstly, be warned that if you arrange a horse-riding trip with many of the agents on the Laganas strip you will be picked up and taken to Tsilivi, about 15kms away, to Athena and Dennis. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They are a very good stables, with well kept horses. Very safety conscious, hats are insisted upon and chaps + gloves available. They will take you up into the hills above Tsilivi. Fabulous views and beautiful olive groves, but due to trees and unsuitable ground not a speedy ride. Experienced riders may find it a little sedate.

But on your doorstep, about a mile along the main road to Kalamaki, opposite the Louis Zante Beach hotel, you will find Laganas Horse Riding Centre. Here Mavra and Niko have some lovely horses, in good condition. From tiny ponies to huge animals well up to weight. They hack out around the grass fields alongside the airport runway (these horses don't even flick an ear when a jet roars low over their heads!), and then over the road to the Kalamaki dunes, a wonderful wild open area backing on to the Turtles' nesting beach. For most of the summer they cannot ride on the actual beach because of turtle nests, but a fast canter over the dunes is like a roller-coaster ride. And some of their horses really do go! Brilliant!
Don't worry if you can't ride well enough to do that. They will give you a suitably quiet horse and look after your safety. Hats are available. Mavra picks you up from your hotel. Her phone no is (+30) 6977875792. She speaks excellent English with an interesting "Noo Yoik" accent!

I will definitely go back and ride with them again later in the year when a proper beach gallop should be possible! Can't wait!

4  Thank lynwill53
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Laganas horse riding centre is a must do. Having never ridden a horse before I was very nervous. I shouldn't have been. Nikos and his wife Marva put me and my family at ease with a very relaxed attitude. Nothing was too much trouble and they gave the impression that they had all the time in the world to spend with our group. We went on a beautiful ride through the fields and along the sand dunes with breath taking scenery. We enjoyed it so much we went twice. The horses re beautiful. Watch out for Bobby, he would rather be eating sugar cane than walking! Definatley something I would recommend. You won't regret it.

3  Thank Julie C
mauratsouraki, Owner at Laganas Horse Riding Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Julie,

We would like to thank you very much for your kind words. The smiles of satisfaction on our customers is rhe best reward for us .

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been visiting Zakinthos for the past 5 years and i always make sure i spend at least 4-5 hours of my vacations riding along the beach where i can gallop with one of Nick's (the owner) fantastic horses. The owners are very friendly and always willing to pick me up from my hotel. After so many years it is a tradition for me. Totally recommend this unforgettable experience to anyone who is visiting this amazing island!!

3  Thank mary_tsou