“A nice hotel”
Review of Ionion Star Hotel

Ionion Star Hotel
Ranked #35 of 76 Hotels in Lefkada
Reviewed September 16, 2012

A very nice hotel. It is situated in the center of Lefkada – near the pedestrian area with many shops and tavernas and near the marina. The rooms were clean, equipped with a minibar, aircon and there was free wi-fi connection. However, the hairdryer looked outdated, so be sure to have your own.
The staff was very friendly. Our room had a nice balcony where we spent half an hour in the evenings enjoying a glass of wine and the view. The breakfast was ok – nothing special, some fresh cold cuts, hot omelet and sausages, standard filter coffee. The hotel does not have its own parking, but the nearby streets and area offer the option for free parking. Near the hotel there are supermarkets, bike rental shops, cafes and tavernas. At last but not least – this is a budget-friendly hotel (double room for EUR 50). I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park (above the main entrance) as they are quieter (the big street is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Maria A

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed there for a wedding during the last weekend of August. The location of the hotel is fantastic. Very central, with all the amenities within 50 meters distance. The rooms were very spacious, clean and with lots of natural light. The breakfast was nice and just what you need from a hotel in the city of Lefkada. I recommend it if you want to stay for a few days.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RDimi
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Just returned from a stay at Ionion Star Hotel. Finally to get some sleep and find some peace and quiet.
We have booked our holiday stay (5 nights for 430Euro sea view double room) after reading good reviews for Ionion Star Hotel but after our arrival we were really really disapointed. Unfortunately the room was already prepaid through booking.com so we couldnt leave and book elsewhere.
Dont want to say much but first of all the rooms are shaby renovated (as you will see in photos) and dirty (moldy bathroom, rusty sink, and dirsty carpet). There is so much noise from the street that is impossible to sleep apart the fact that there are spotlights outside the hotel balconies so there is so much light in room during night hours and no shutters or dark curtain to keep the light out. If you finally manage to get some sleep the cleaning lady knocks on door at 8:00 am - and sometimes just opened the door without knocking- to wake you up to clean the room. Hellooooooooo we were on holiday!!
As for parking space, finding a parking space at any time of day was impossible -driving around for 15 minutes at least every time to find to park- since the hotel has no parking space and the roads around the hotel are always so busy.
The reception doesnt bother at all with giving you info or changing you a room since our sea view room on our arrival day was not available (and we have paid extra to have a sea view room).
Breakfast was one of the worst we have ever had (no fresh fruits, no vegetables and coffee from a mashine). The only good thing was that the hotel was centrally located so we had restaurants and shops at walking distance from the hotel. We wont stay again at Ionion Star Hotel and I dont recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emily549
Giorgos K, Director of Sales at Ionion Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear client,
First of all, i just copy/paste your initial request before you even come here: " Highest floor. Bathropes and sleepers. Big double bed. If possible room with the yellow bedcover and curtains. "
I paste the request because everyone should see that before you even come to our hotel, you had very special preferences. You wanted yellow bedcover!!!
Even though requests are not mandatory, we tried our best and gave you a room with yellow bedcovers etc. You got room no 182 as i remember which is a sea view room as anyone can check. But there is a tree in the park that cover some (about 20%) view of the room to the whole sea area. You asked for another room and we told you that we have one from the next day. The next day , when we asked you to change rooms you came and told us that you dont want to change room any more.
The cleaning lady doesnt knock the door before 11:00 , because before that time she cleans the rooms that have already departed. The cleaning shift for the rooms starts 08:30, because before that they are cleaning the lobby and the other public areas. Also there is an indicator in reception that shows if you are inside and the cleaning ladies dont come before you leave your key.
About parking place, there isnt a hotel in old town that can have a private parking. As you understand we cant take down houses to build a parking. That was clear from the begging and you knew it before you even booked (from our site). About the noise, you booked a hotel in a city, so if you thing that you will undestand that there is some noise from people voices etc that we cant stop!
The breakfast has many things as : Breakfast includes many kinds of cookies, 3 kinds of croissants (butter-ham-cheese chocolate eggs boiled, scrambled eggs, sausages, sweets, 6 flavors of jam, toast, bread, bread toaster , juice, cereal and milk, 2 kinds of butter, 2 kinds of cheese, 3 kinds of sausages. And there are fresh fruits that i can even send you with a photo!!!!!
About your photos: You are right. The silicone of the bathtub has mold, but this silicone is changing every end of the season, when we repair the rooms. Also we paint the rooms to repair such problems of cracked paint. During the coming August, it is very difficult to fix these problems when the hotel is full of people!
To conclude, you had requests even for curtains. We tried our best. As long you were here you didnt mention any other problem. I dont know what change your mind. Maybe you wanted a cheaper hotel.
We try to be improved all the time. Your reviews help us. But they must be based on a true incident.
To see by yourself that the problems with the room will be repaired, i am offering you 3 days free stay next summer.

Kind regards
George Konidaris
Sales manager

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here early July this year and found it to be quite comfortable and spacious. Our bedrooms were clean and very spacious with a nice balcony to sit out and enjoy the magic views. (harbourside with boat views are the best rooms) . Overall nothing fancy really just basic nice clean accomodation with nice breakfast(for greek standard breakfast).
Parking was sometimes a problem, there is no parking on site so you have to find parking on the streets around hotel. (good luck with that) We had payed 70 euro a night per double which we thought was pretty good at the time but after asking around other hotels only a street or two away for prices we could have booked other places much cheaper with same or better star rating...
Overall we did enjoy our stay, staff were lovely (but most people in greece are) and next time in lefkada I would book elsewhere :-).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank queenbeestravels
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during my summer vacation. I am from Athens, Greece and every year I try to go a different Greek island. This year I chose Lefkada because it is an island that is accessible by car. It is a 4-hour trip for me from Athens.
Overall I was more than pleased to stay at this hotel. The most important thing for me was to stay in the city centre because you can find everything there like bars, restaurants and many shops. I was told it is always better returning after my swim to the city centre than going outside. The reason is that the roads on the island have many turns and are not in great condition, so driving at night is not recommended especially for people that are not from there.
Regarding the hotel, the room was normal size, clean and towels were changed everyday. The cleaning ladies were very polite and asked us almost everyday if everything is okay and if we needed something more. I didnt have problems with the rest of the staff at the hotel, which are very cooperative and helpful. The swimming pool is also very nice, although that I didnt use it because I prefer going for a swim in the sea. The closest beach from the hotel is a 15 minute ride, which is something negative. You always have to drive to get to a beach, and getting to the southest part of the island it may take you an hour ride, but the beaches are magnificent.
I highly recommend this hotel because it is in city centre and the price was logical.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank arekwarzycha
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is our third visit to the Ionian Star in Lefkada. The hotel was still a great choice. The bedding and towels were frequntly changed by the cleaners who were very polite.The main things for us with this hotel, was the fact it is the only hotel in the town centre with its own swimming pool, the location of the hotel is in the town so it means you dont need taxi's and the town has everything that you need such as bars, shops and restaurants. We plan to go back again in the not to distant future and we wont even bother to look anywhere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jesse T
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was going to stay in this hotel on the 24th-26th of April, as I were on a business trip. I have to admit that when I saw the reviews of this hotel, I could never expect what I found!

My experience begun when I took the key to my room... My room was really aged, smell badly and the worst of all was that at along the room door where vests which would close with a door in front of them. The vests' doors in my room were broken and wouldn't close. So, I went downstairs and asked for another room.

The employee looked at me as if I was asking for something really weird and when I explained to him why I was asking for another room he said: "All rooms are like this!" I asked him whether he meant that all the vests' doors wouldn't close. He replied: "Ok, I will give you two rooms to go check yourself, if any of them suits you. If not, we don't have any other rooms."

I just left the room keys and looked for another hotel! I seriously have never been treated worst in a hotel in my whole life!

In general the only thing I can say about this hotel, is that the photos are a fraud and the rooms are nothing like what you see or to be true the 3 rooms that I saw on the 1st floor...

Another note would be that his person was talking to me while he was smoking (in the hotel lobby) by the time he paused the movie he was watching in his laptop!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ikalimac
GiorgosKon K, Director of Sales at Ionion Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Madam
I read your review. The receptionist understood your request about the vests. These vests are to ventilate the room. As you mentioned, there is a small door to close them. Because of this broken door in your room, you were given three keys to take a look and choose one room. You didnt. Why? The other rooms didnt have any broken vest door. Also,these rooms are renovated (in the begging i aggre that you maybe took a non renovated room).We have photos from both rooms (renovated and non).
I understand that you didnt want to stay to our hotel no matter what. The receptionist described to you a truth, and the truth is that indeed all our rooms have vests. So i dont know why that has insulted you.
On the other issues, the lobby is an area that smoking is permitted. But i agree with you that the receptionist shouldnt do that in front of a client. For that you have my truly apologies.
To sum up, i think that you are a little bit exaggerated, when you said that you were treated more badly than ever. But beyond this, i promise to you that we will correct any mistakes we made in your case and i apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards