“Dreamholiday”

Ranked #64 of 76 Hotels in Lefkada
Lubbecke, Germany
“Dreamholiday”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

On arrival was greated with a smile and a very helpfull staff. The rooms served their purpose, clean and air conditioned. Cleaner staff were very helpfull in all of our requests. We were made to feel very welcome. The view from the balcony was fantastic. No noise pollution once the balcony door was closed. Lovely people, lovely town. Would come back anytime. Regards Mr. and Mrs. Richardson

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I am Greek but I will write in English so that more people have the opportunity to learn from a very bad experience. I arrived to Lefkada for a wedding and the reservation was done early enough to ensure availability for the guests. We arrive at the same time with 2 more couples, friends of us. We realize during our arrival that our rooms were not available because they were renovated but somehow the electricity did not work and would work most probably the next day. They brought us to another Hotel which they realized that had only one room available. One couple stayed there, for the other two they said that there were rooms in another hotel, but not so good. I asked whether they have non-renovated rooms in their own hotel, or whether we could stay in the ones without electricity as anyway due to the wedding we would spend only a nap there for the first night. We went back to the Hotel, they did not discuss about the option of going to the renovated ones. They said they have the old ones but they were not really for us, they were rather for students. We went there, indeed they were very old and not clean,I think by the way students deserve as well cleanliness. We did not sleep properly due to noise from outside and inside and curtains which allowed the sun to disturb our nap. I went to the reception at 8:00 to ask to move to our renovated rooms. They said they were not ready. I asked to see the room that was planned to be given to us, even if it was not ready. They questioned why I need to see them, I said because I was feeling they were saying lies (hotel was obviously overbooked). The lady said she did not know which specific room would be given to us as she was not responsible for the reservation.I asked to check and call me, obviously she did not. During our breakfast I got a key from a room which was available (obviously a couple had just left, it was not because of electricity been repaired). Room was from a first glance indeed good. BUT again did not sleep well. Party until late, old doors not enough to keep the indoor noise far from our bed, renovated windows not god enough to prevent the outside noise. Small curtains covering only 2/3 of the window allowed the sun to wake us up at 6:00. Breakfast etc I am not commenting, this is a detail comparing to the unprofessionalism of the personnel which was never responsible for anything, somehow the person responsible was not there, I am wondering if there is any. One thing I cannot forgive is not that of doing a mistake (eg. Overbooking), but that of treating people like they are stupid. This Hotel has questionable management, principles, policy, processes. I do not recommend to anyone who respects himself and wants to be treated with respect. It is not about low (?) budget, or whether you are a student, or a manager at a business trip, or a couple which stays only 2 nights. This kind of 'hospitality' is what is killing our civilization, the way we are perceived, our tourism and our economy. There is no excuse for what happened or did not happen. I have travelled to 3 continents, 17 countries, for pleasure, for business, I have stayed at expensive hotels, at cheap ones, this unpleasant experience cannot be compared to anything. I have never felt the way I felt in this hotel. Whoever is interested for the location,and is lucky to get the renovated room that he has planned, and is lucky to not experience an event while he wants to sleep and is not interested whether he could be at my place and experience himself such situation, he could visit this hotel without second thoughts. I just wish him good luck.

Room Tip: Book a renovated room, at the highest possible floor to minimize impact from internal and external n...
2 Thank Koulangel

Travelers are raving about these Lefkada hotels

Reviewed June 11, 2014

it wasn't a 5* star hotel but its rooms,service and values were pretty good i can say..
I arrived at the hotel at 9:00 am Saturday and due to the feast of Agias Faneromenis the hotel was very busy and crowded,nevertheless the staff was very helpful and polite.Our room was renovated very stylishly and had a great view from the balcony (sunrise was breathtaking)and it was very clean as well.On Sunday night we attended at a Greek party with traditional music..Well Wow i got no words for that..Absolutely Amazing the stuff taught us zeimbekiko and tsifteteli..! the party lasted till late but for not disturbing the other clients the staff considered to tell us very politely to move the party at the bar of the hotel(since it was attended at the dining room) so the other clients wont have any complaining about the noise.Next morning we had breakfast and then we went for shopping and riding around the island ..it wasn't very hard to find the hotel since it was in the center of the city and we had no problems to move around..when it was time to check out our very good friend George(one of the workers)called a cab for us so we can get at the airport.Was very pleased to spend my holiday at that hotel and i would certainly choose it again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JULIA L
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed there for a long weekend to attend a wedding. Our room to the renewed part of the hotel was prebooked months ago.We arrived together with 2 more couples and we all were informed that due to problem with electricity we can not take our rooms but we were taken to another hotel where only one room was available. They were promising electricity to be back the next morning. Since we were about to leave to the wedding anyway we wanted to take the new room even without electricity.Instead they give an old room which was old but very dirty. All our attemt to even see the new room were refused with severeal different reasons given. We believe they were simply overbooked and gave our room to someone else. The old rooms are not very bad but just dirty. Breakfast was nothing special very basic and low quality stuff but I did not expect better anyway. The next morningwe were moved to our new room. I asked the cleaning lady if she was aware of any electrical problem in the building but she said no everything was fine and she just cleaned that room... The new room was really nice and very clean. Big space both in the room and the bathroom. Howerver the door and windows were not proper and they let any noise in from inside and outside. There was also no proper curtain to block the sun so we woke up sharply 6 am together with the sun. Since the night before there was a party in the hotel restaurant untill 2 am and we really enjoyed all the noises instead of having a good sleep we did not realy appreciated to see the sunrise. Bottom line the hotel is in a nice building and has good location I do not recommend as it is managed very badly and whatever request you might have the person on duty will not be able to help and the person who supposed to be able to help will not be available. I have to admit a very unique way of handling customer complaints. I stayed several times in Ionian Star which is just next door for business and although it is not that "fancy" I felt always wellcomed and never cheated there unlike in Lefkas.

Room Tip: Renewed room not facing the streetfront. Bring mask with you if you are sensitive to light in the mo...
3 Thank Rehlaci
Delden, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you are looking for a good night of rest, then don't take this hotel! It is the most noisiest hotel I ever experienced. The hotel is situated at the north of the island so all the traffic to and from the island passed our room. And to make it compleet, the manager decided to have a Greek party with live-misic next to the lobby of the hotel. The architecture of the hotel plus the use of hard materials assured that the sound was spread all over the hotel. The party did last untill 1 am. I think that the purpose of a hotel is to offer the guests the possibility to get a good night of rest. If I want to go to a party I would go to another establishment. Anyway, after the party the noise went on on the street by drunk people shouting to each other. At 6 pm the carbage was collected, ending our 4 hours of sleep.
The hotel was clean, but the curtains were too small to cover the windows. As we were on the first floor we had to undress our serves in the dark.......
We had to leave the hotel before breakfast around 7.15 am. There was nobody at the lobby to check us out, so we left our key and remote controls at the counter and were relieved we could leave this hotel behind us.

Room Tip: Skip this hotel
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Heat hotel in a great spot just over the bridge, amazing view over the harbour and mountains. Rooms newly renovated and very nice. Staff all exceptionally helpful especially Irini. Loved Lefkas and our stay here.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Was there for a short trip on Easter, had a great time both in island and hotel. Beautiful, modern rooms, incredible bed really fancy, large bathroom with great taste, and unbelievable view of the port.

Only problem was corridors a little dark but hotel was going thru renovation process so I guess they'll fix it

Room Tip: Make surer you ask for a new room, my friends booked a non renovated and changed as soon as they saw...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple