“Lefkada hotel -”

Ranked #64 of 76 Hotels in Lefkada
Bucharest, Romania
“Lefkada hotel -”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were accommodated in Lefkas hotel in Mar 2012. In this period, the hotel went through an extensive rebuilding and redecorating of some rooms, so the general impression (at least on the 1st floor, where we've stayed) was of a building site with workers going up and down.
The room was medium sized with a weird bathroom - no regular door but some wardrobe doors (you can see it in the photos attached). Also the bathroom had almost no ventilation, and with the poor isolation from the 'doors', the effect was not the greatest.
The smell of the room was not too fresh and also the linen was not the cleanest.
On the bright side, the hotel is situated in the center of Lefkada town, near many nice restaurants and bars, where all the nightlife takes place. Also the rooms had a mini fridge with a freezer which was really freezing if you wanted a cold beer on the balcony watching the night crowd before going out.
In our period, the hotel offered a good price/quality ratio and we don't regret choosing it.

Room Tip: if you have a problem with smelly rooms don't choose a smoking one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrpache

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ATHENS, GREECE
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This was quite an experience in that the hotel is under renovation and any time you felt as if you were experiencing a Japanese tsounami noisewise or an Iranian earthquake - the whole place shaking with compressors even at 09.30 in the morning. . Some reviews are giving discredit to this hotel which is otherwise impressive in many respects and under normal operations is worth 4 or even 5 stars. All the staff were very helpful and polite Our first room (313) was flooded whenever you used the bathroom !!! so we were moved to room 312 (smelled cigarette smoke) which was comfortable though not yet completely finished being refurbished. This room however had no hot water and this was fixed !!! No reading lamp on the left side of the bed. Very good and fast, free wi-fi internet . Most uncomfortable mattress giving me a very bad night's sleep. My legs were higher than my pillow, too soft as if being overused and too tired. Needs change. Great view over the sea & snow covered mountains. Breakfast of a rather poor quality in a nice yet dusty breakfast room (overfried eggs, sorry we have no more bread, sorry no cheese - and we were the only guests - undrinkable disgusting orange or lemon 'juice' or just tasteless coloured water) served only till 09.30 which is too early for late birds. When construction work is completed and attention to minor details, this hotel and the staff deserve much better comments. We shall then go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank N S
Glyfada
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms in February 2012.

We had an East-facing balcony, which had the most spectacular view of the sea in the foreground and the mountains of the mainland covered in snow in the background. The hotel is centrally located but there is a square right in front of it, so nothing will block your view. Due to its location, everything is just a few minutes’ walk away, which I find very relaxing. There is a cozy café next door called Navi Bar, where we had our morning coffee and spent the most relaxing part of our day! Really good coffee and snacks there btw.

Our room was comfortable, with modern furniture and had a very high-quality mattress (I think it was a King size bed) with both soft and harder pillows for both guests. I usually have a hard time sleeping in anything but my own bed, but this was great and I cannot emphasize that enough! I am under the impression that there are a few tweaks left to be made in the room but nothing that bothered us or that could cause any problems.

The hotel has spacious common areas with very high ceilings and friendly receptionists. We had no problems whatsoever. Some of the rooms/common areas have not been renovated yet, but the ones that have are beautifully done. Great value family hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kellitsa
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Beautiful hotel, with nice view and smiling faces

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Pandoscho
Havana, Cuba
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I just came back from a 3 day stay and I feel obligated to write about it. Firstly I got one of the renovated rooms at the front of the hotel with balcony. The rooms are small, but not really tiny (they are to be about 12-15 sq inclusive the bathroom and balcony). These are the positives. The negatives although are, 1) that in the bathroom there is no ventilation, which makes it uncomfortable if your roommate visits the toilet. 2) The Air-condition which is also responsible for heating is connected to the balcony door, which means, that there are only two options available by this system, every time one of us visited the bathroom; You gonna either stay in a smelling room, , or in a freezing one. I decided for the second one. 3) The isolation: It’s awful. Although the balcony door was equipped with double glasses, we could hear our neighbours taking shower, speaking, even their steps on the floor outside, but thank god by our visit they were not that many, so we could get some rest ( of course after 10 pm and before 7 a.m.). 4) The Tv is playing only some Greek programs, but none of the International ones ( like British, German, Italian, French, etc. ), and 5) Finally, the so offered free Wi-Fi didn’t function through my entire stay, although the router was directly outside of my room, and the other guests had the same problem as I did, the personal didn’t seem to care about.

The cleaning is average, the rooms are clean, nothing special, besides we found cigarettes in our Ashtray, by getting in to the room for first time, but this doesn’t seem to be a big deal.

Breakfast: During my first day, there was a dead cockroach on the floor, till I pleased the waitress to remove it away (I hope it wasn ´t on our meal before died).
The breakfast itself is served between 8-10 o’clock. It has to be a continental one and it includes a kind of omelettes, which didn’t seem really delicious, so didn’t try, some over-boiled eggs, only one sort of coffee (the filter one), a diluted orange-juice and pre-made sandwiches. All in all, if you wake up, give it a try, since it´ s free of charge, but it doesn’t worth to lose your sleep because of that.

The hotel staff .It’s kind, helpful with Information of attractions, especially the night guy, except of the blonde receptionist, that other travellers also mentioned (unfortunately don t know her name). By our stay, as we parked our car, she came to us, demanded to remove it from the free street, because another guest would like to park it, instead of us, and as we asked for the reason why, we got the answer that he drives BMW!!!!!!!!!!! Although I m driving also an expensive car (Mercedes), cannot imagine that the hotel guests are categorised through the type of the car are driving!!!!! I finally of course didn’t t remove the car, by this argument (I had otherwise, to search for over an hour) and suggested them to call the police, if they are thinking, that I am doing something illegal.

As Conclusion: This hotel didn’t deserve the 55 Euros I paid per night for a double room, there are many other cheaper hotels nearby with better reviews. If you are travelling by car, or have in mind to rent one, then find a hotel, which offers private parking places free of charge, because their public places are absolute catastrophic. Be prepared that, you gonna hear and be heared by the other hotel guests, to get the breakfast outside of the hotel, maybe to travel with your computer to the cafes nearby to check your e-mails, to live without heating or air-condition during the ventilation of the room with fresh air, and most important….Don t leave your balcony door open, during the time you are out of the room, because somebody of the neighbours could easily jump into your hotelroom.

All in All. Don t prepay your hotel, and not ask for discount ( which fortunately didn t do), because in this case, it stays a high risk to get a non-renovated room. None of the rooms has a safe for your belongings ( at least ours didn t have) and be prepared to visit a one, maybe at most two star hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank distance10

Travelers are raving about these Lefkada hotels

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My second trip to the island after a long, long time, I remembered the hotel from my last trip almost a decade back, but boy was I in for a surprise!

The hotel used to be quite worn down so though I made the booking thru their new website, I wasn't really sure what I was going to run into. The friendly staff over there suggested I get one of their newer rooms (apparently the hotel is running under new management and their rennovateing the whole place) and the upgrade is really paying off.

The rooms are lovely, have excellent view and the beds, man those beds! They were so comfortable I was having trouble getting out of them!

But the location helped, since it's like a 5 min drive from the closest beach, which I understand is the one most of the locals prefer to go to, and it's also locatated right at the prettiest part of the heart of the city.

They have a new cafe operating since this summer, and they set up their breakfast bouffe over there, which is really smart since it gives you the sense you're having breakfast at a real place and not some hotel lobby, and also the food is yummy. Homemade and delicious.

Overall I had a great time at Lefkada, which has grown a lot more beautiful since my last visit, and the hotel helped a lot to come back with a great set of memories.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alexis B
Reviewed July 28, 2011

It’s the second time visiting Lefkas Hotel. Everything was just perfect. The room was well minimal designed and comfortable (brand new beds, carpets and bathroom). The new NAVI café offers nice drinks, cocktails and a variety of snacks. We asked to have breakfast in the NAVI café area which was lovely!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple