“Rather usual and without anything special”
Review of Frini sto Molo

Frini sto Molo
Ranked #94 of 365 Restaurants in Lefkada
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The location and the view is nice, but the food is not anything special, the wine was hot, and the prices rather expensive

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We tried this restaurant at a very quiet time for lunch. Friends' had recommended it. We ordered a variety of dishes and we thought the food was average. On the plus side the Chicken souvlaki was very well grilled and the portions in everything we tried good. Unfortunately all the other dishes we tried were average (the aubergine salad, the prawn rissoto, the bolognaise, the onion balls, as well as fried cheese twists with honey). I was waiting in anticipation the salad with spinach and 'syglino Manis' but to my great disappointment all the flavours were overpowered with a very generous handful of dill. The service was ok but we were the only table at the time. If you plan to visit expect ok food, nothing spectacular.

2  Thank Vaia
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate here on the last night of our week's holiday in Lefkada based on the recommendation of our local holiday company contact. The food was excellent and service superb. I went traditional Greek with Moussaka and my husband opted for the more adventorous Pork with Mustard, accompanied by a greek salad. Everything was delicious. Service was superb, waitress was friendly and efficient. Bill came to £30 for everything including couple of beers and mineral water. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Emily W
Reviewed June 8, 2013

After the excellent reviews this restaurant has received, we were disappointed - at least I was. Perhaps the problem was that we were there for lunch rather than dinner, but as yachties we tend to eat out for lunch more than dinner, and we eat out a lot.As a starter, I had the Sto Molo special salad which could have been very good but was swimming in the balsamic dressing, and my husband's Greek salad was typical. For mains, we both ordered from the specials of the day, which one at least expects to be fresh, My husband had the meat balls in red sauce with chips (fries), which he really liked. I was not so lucky. The aubergine in red sauce, cooked in the oven, was obviously left over from some other day, maybe the day before, maybe not. The so called oven roasted potatoes were inedible the way warmed over potatoes tend to be; the aubergine was very overlooked and mushy. The waitress noticed that I didn't eat it and asked about it. They very nicely removed it from our bill. The location was wonderful, and the house white wine was very nice. Overall, though, it was a very disappointing meal at a highly touted restaurant. This meal was in total contrast to an outstanding lunch we had at Taka Taka in Gaios, Paxos, just a couple of days before.

2  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed May 16, 2013

beautiful food, great location. free starters and puddings. not too bad on price. waitress was very funny and helpful if a little scary in a dominant way but she was brilliant at her job, spoke amazing english and all waitress very attentive.

2  Thank nicci3077