“An oasis in the middle of the city”
Review of The Aigli

The Aigli
Ranked #30 of 115 Lefkada B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is most charming hotel on the island. It is tucked away in a residential neighborhood and if you blink you will miss it. The rooms are tastefully decorated and the hotel features a charming courtyard that could have existed 300 years ago. The beds are super comfortable. Hotel features breakfast in the courtyard which is included with the price of the room.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ioniandreamer
Athanasios K, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at The Aigli, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Every Guest is a Valued Guest, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay. We hope that you Experienced Exceptional Service as intended by our Management and Staff. We sincerely appreciate your business and we value the opinions of our guests. We are grateful that you let us know about your experience and that you would recommend us to your colleagues, friends and family.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed with wife and 3 year old last August. A true gem. Location was great and the bereakfast to die for! You have to visit.....worth every penny, Euro and drachma!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Corfuguy

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Lefkas is an island where transportation is a necessity due to the long distance to the superb beaches. You can probably stay in small villages close there, but then you miss the chance to experience the vivid nightlife of Lefkas city as well as the opportunity to enjoy nice afternoon walkabouts around the narrow streets of the old city as well as the coastal "parade" street facing the lagoon .
For me, staying in the centre of the old city was probably the best choice. This of course suggests that you are travelling there with a car or you rent one there.
The Aigli is an old renovated house of traditional architecture inside the old city. All restaurants, coffee shops, bars and the main paved road with all the shops, are within 5 minutes walk, yet the specific spot is not noisy at all. The rooms are all decorated with their independent decoration style, I had the chance to take a look to another two apart from the one I stayed. There is an inner garden full of plants where breakfast and coffee is served. It suggested a perfect start for the day.
I highly recommend The Aigli boutique hotel if what you seek is a luxury and not isolated hide-out for your holiday, especially if in love ;)

Room Tip: the "aqua suite" is like a luxury full size apartment
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Aliweng

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed only two nights but I was sleeping all the time ... The bed was incurable . Very clean , in the city but very quiet . Breakfast in the garden -I like it very much . I want to come back in the summer to spend five days in this small paradise

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Dominika2003

Reviewed October 3, 2011

A perfect relaxing retreat in a quaint backstreet within the centre of Lefkada town. At the end of a sailing honeymoon, we wanted some peaceful comfort within convenient walking distance of the quay. The Aigli was just that. A light and airy room with a queen size four poster bed which was so amazingly comfortable and loved the jazzui shower. Would stay there on future trips to Lefkada.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JBourb

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I visited the Hotel in early September.

I stayed in the blue suite, The room was wonderful for a couple. Very romantic. A bit small, but not too small. Perfect for me. Good A/C, espresso machine, LCD TV and mini fridge. SAT channels were not working but didn't care much about it, so I never asked from the staff to take care of it. Nice bathroom with shower, not bath. They also offer you shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste and a razor. Nice touch...

The Hotel is situated in the heart of Lefkada city, with direct access to the port and the market, and 5 minutes to the marina and all the restaurants.

It is not actually a hotel, more of a lodge actually. The rooms are clean, and though sheets and were not changed, they tidy your room every day.

Breakfast is served in the garden, which is beautiful. Breakfast is not a buffet, but quite rich. French toast, fresh bread, marmelade, fruity yoghurt, fresh orange juice, coffee, different pastries every day, white cheese bread, olive bread, fresh fruits, fresh eggs. You won't be disappointed. (Tip: Don't be the kind of tourist that wants to eat fied egg and bacon every morning, you visit a foreign country, eat something different, taste what they offer you).

There were two negatives that I have to mention.

First, there were a couple of times that nobody was available at the reception. One time I forgot my key in the room, my girlfriend was in there still sleeping, and I had to wake her to get in the room. Reception was not 24 hours available, and as I said, I could not find anyone even late in the morning or afternoon.

Second and most important. I made my reservation through the Hotel's website. Not through booking.com or any other site. The Hotel's policy was that you must prepay all your visit at the time of booking, and cancelation is not allowed. This policy by itself, is terrible if you ask me. It is not like it is an offer or something. You prepay the normal price, and your are not allowed to cancel your reservation even though I booked my stay two months in advance.

Most hotels do not charge you at the time of reservation. Or they ask you to pay a deposit, which you usually get back if you cancel 2-3 weeks before you arrive, or you lose the deposit if you decide to cancel your visit a couple of days before your booking dates.

Almost every hotel has a cancelation policy. No cancelations allowed and full prepayment is only met on certain offers. Again, I did not book a special offer.

IMAGINE my surprise when I found out that 10 days before I arrive at the hotel, the prices for the rooms had gone down. I booked the blue suite for 3 days at 90 euro per night, and the same room was available at 60 euro per night, for the days just after my stay!!! I had not even booked a weekend. In few words, I booked the blue suite for September 5-7(Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday), two months in advance and paid 270 euro in total. Someone could have booked my room for the 3 days following my departure, including a Saturday stay, and pay 180 euros!!!!!!!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. I booked in advance, low season, no special price, full prepayment, no cancelation option and I paid more than someone who would book the same room after me, just a couple of days before he arrives. This is nonsense. I have never faced such a situation and I am a frequent traveller. It's a shame.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chris D

Thank you for choosing our wine boutique hotel and your kind words about our delicious breakfast! We will consider very seriously your review trying to improve our offered services.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Such a lovely place such a delightful gem, how can people not love this place, apart from the beautiful house and lovely decorations the people that run this hotel have not forgotten what "filoxenia" means, friends of foreigners, you feel soo welcome there. This is clearly a family ran hotel no mass tourism but a warm and friendly approach, little personal attentions and fresh flowers, a wonderful garden and the best coffee ever! yes it is very very clean, spotless toilet and shiny tiles in the shower, we even had a bath such luxury in the heat to cool off after strolling through the lively streets of lefkas town. Home baked cookies and we even got a nice pot of homemade marmalade to take home! My husband had great talks with the owner about beloved land rovers and I cannot wait to come back for a short visit next october. A very very nice place in a beautiful spot of Lefkas, a treat!

Room Tip: we had the suite with the bubblebath, really relaxing
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple