“we will be going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spiros Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corfu
Spiros Apartments
Ranked #81 of 417 Hotels in Corfu
“we will be going back!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

had a lovely time at spiros.. thankyou to george, leah and rea.. cant fault this place... only a 20 min walk to strip, but plenty of bars or tavernas on way... Bavias taverna just down the road does fantastic food...
i cant wait to go back
see you soon Leah!

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hull
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just returned from our 10 day summer holiday at The Spiros Apartments in Sidari Corfu. first of all would like to say a big thank you to the owners Leah & George who go out of their way to make you feel so welcome & you feel like members of their family,they remember everyone by name & will do their upmost to keep you happy.The food that you could get was YUMMY & great cocktails all made with well known brands. Also a big thank you to their cleaner Ria,she was so friendly & very good at her job,like having a mum away from home. we also received freshly cut roses in our room for our Wedding Anniversary, which we thought was a lovely touch & they where replaced a few days later by more roses. the apartment was spacious enough for what we needed as you don't go on holiday to spend time in your room. The only very minor thing was that its quite a walk to the main street of Sidari, but other than that we had an excellent holiday & would certainly go there again, would highly recommend these apartments. a big thank you again to Leah, George & Ria

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper I would recommend you ask for a room away from the bar & pool area, it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bazthebus
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just returned from a relaxing ten days in Corfu. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be returning maybe next year. The apartment is more than adequate and the pool is first class. The owners go out of their way to be really helpfull and friendly at all times. A good mixture of young and old amongst the guests and everyone got along just fine.
If like us this is the type of holiday you are looking for {ie] low budget, small and fiendly then the Spiros Aps rates very highly. On the other hand if you want to dine at the Ritz, well your looking at the wrong brochure. I know which one gives best value and it does'nt begin with an R. Also well done to Thomsons, everything ran as smooth as a tube of toothpaste.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you find stairs hard to manage.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart R
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have just returned from a very enjoyable and relaxing stay at Spiros Apartments, Sidari.

Firstly, a big thank you to the owners, Leah and George, for being so friendly and making us feel so very welcome. Also, a big thank you to the cleaner (sorry I don’t know your name) for being so nice and doing a wonderful job cleaning our apartment, even doing the washing up!

Spiros are situated in a nice location, our quiet room (as we requested), at the back of one of the blocks, overlooked the mountains and was nice and peaceful, apart from the cockerels that were very vocal on a morning but this didn’t bother us. The apartments are approximately a 20 min walk onto the main strip in Sidari. We walked down there every evening although we felt like we were taking our life in our hands some times as there are no pavements and it is quite a busy road with vehicles travelling far too fast down there. There is a supermarket just at the end of this road, about a 10 minute walk.

Spiros are clean and well maintained, if not a little dated, and the pool area is lovely with lots of sunbeds so no need to hog them. We ate in the snack bar a couple of lunch times and the food was good and reasonably priced. We weren’t too keen on the shared balconies, however our neighbours were friendly enough and quiet too.

As other reviewers have mentioned, our main concern was the bathroom. The shower consisted of a shower head with no hook on the wall to fix it to nor no shower curtain, just a shower tray. It proved rather difficult showering with one hand, however I have experienced this many times in Greece. Every time we showered the floor became flooded and extremely slippy. On several occasions my partner and I almost fell over, I consider this to be dangerous. They are obviously aware of the problem as I noticed several of the other apartments had mops and buckets outside – I do not go away on holiday however to be mopping floors. During our welcome meeting our, rather poor, Thomson Rep did comment that she was available for medical issues/emergencies “but not, for example, if someone was ill as a result of sunbathing and not wearing sun cream as that would be their own fault and she would not come out”. It did cross my mind what her reaction would be if, for example, someone slipped on the bathroom floor and broke their leg?

I did jokingly referred to Spiros as “the one per person place” as on arrival we were given (1) toilet roll, after this you had to provide your own. Come on Spiros I know we were self catering but toilet roll is a basic necessity and how much would it cost to provide this? We were given (1) towel each and when I asked Leah if we could have more towels she told me tomorrow. On our return to the apartment the following evening they had kindly provided us with (1) extra towel. This was fine until towel change day and then we went back to (1) towel each. I am assuming most ladies, like me require one towel to dry off and one for our hair. We had (1) flat pillow on each bed, we didn’t bother requesting more and I am sure these would have been provided had we asked. In the bathroom we had surprise surprise (2) light bulbs but only (1) of them was working. During our stay the only remaining bulb blew hence we were left without light in there. Credit where credit is due George said it would be fixed tomorrow, however when we returned later that evening they had replaced the (1) bulb and not the other one?

Sidari main strip is OK, a little tacky for my taste but there are lots of bars, gift shops, restaurants etc. There seems to be an abundance of tribute acts at the minute. We saw Michael Jackson, Elvis and Gary Barlow which were quite good, there were lots of other tribute acts too including Abba, Madness, Robbie Williams to name but a few. It was quite busy with lots going off. This said, we were hardly ever hassled to go into restaurants etc which made a nice change.

My one regret is not doing my research on restaurants in Sidari beforehand as we didn’t really know where to eat and it was pretty much trial and error. I would avoid Paradise just off the main strip. We went there as it always seemed pretty full (mistake). The service was very snappy initially (especially by Greek standards!). I ordered a chicken fillet with peppercorn sauce which was served with fries. I can only describe what was put in front of me as a not so nice tasting dogs dinner (a very runny almost water like sauce). After that the service came to a standstill, or should I say non existent, we were not asked if we would like any more drinks or desserts and felt quite abandoned. Note to oneself ‘a busy place is not always a good place!’ I would recommend Bavias just down the road from Spiros, the food and service was really good and we ate there twice. We also liked The Greek Village which is a little further up the main strip and has beach views. The food and service here was also very good but sadly we only discovered this place on our last night.

We booked two trips, one to Paxos, Anti-Paxos and the Blue Caves and the other trip by boat into Corfu Town. We didn’t book these through Thomsons as they were quite expensive. We booked what I am sure are the exact same trips from Princess Travel just at the end of the road from Spiros. We thoroughly enjoyed these trips having never been to Corfu before. The lady in Princess Travel was really really nice and very knowledgeable. Word of warning though, the prices they quote do not include transfers so you will pay an extra couple of Euros each for these. The trips are still much cheaper than Thomsons though.

I do feel a little mean in my review of Spiros, however, having travelled to Greece for the past 20+ years this is my fair and honest opinion of the place. We booked on the basis of the good reviews the Spiros received and I have to say the hospitality of George and Leah far outweighs my negative criticisms. I just think the little things such as loo rolls, towels, shower etc would have made all the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room around the back, more private and peaceful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hampshire
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Had a lovely holiday,George,Leah,and Ria very nice friendly people and very helpful. The roo
m was basic but kept clean and had what we needed for a sellf catering holiday .Our only complaint we had was the shower you had a choice of either the curtain sticking to you or flooding the floor.(we wondered why there was a mop there,we soon found out). The pool area and grounds were kept spotless,we were there the beginning of the season so was not busy so no entertainment,we walked into the strip everyday a bit of a nightmare for us it took us agood forty min on a busy no pavement road.We always got ataxi back for 5 .euros .We enjoyed the strip all the tribute bands our favourite was Pilazio staff all very friendly,we ate in the Calypso a few times and food and service very good also the Mexican. we had a good holday met some lovely people Sandra and Martin smashing couple,Ron just the same with his heavy breathing; Good time but to far away from the bizz.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went away on a girls holiday to celebrate end of exams. Got a very good price on a Thomson Package holiday and it was definitely value for money. Rooms were a good size for two and bed comfortable. Cleaners were lovely and owners were so friendly and helpful with any problems we had. Showers were also reasonable but floor got extremely wet so i would recommend taking a floor mat if you own one. Price for the food there was cheapest we found and the walk isn't too long to the beach, restaurants and strip, plus is good excerise. Supermarket was only a 10 minute walk down the road but water and milk are sold in the local bar. All in all, a great place!

Room Tip: Ones by the pool will be louder in the morning. Bring a floor mat for bathroom
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
East Sussex
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for our honeymoon in June. To be fair our honeymoon budget was small and found these apartments on a last minute deal on the Thomson website, and have to say they were very reasonably priced. The place is a mixed bag really - the owners are lovely and the external areas are well maintained. We didn't eat a lot here but we had the odd sandwich and a couple of drinks, and it was all nice and reasonably priced. The place feels very safe and it isn't over-run by the 18-30 crowd. We only really had 2 real problems. The first real problem is the rooms. As a cheap apartment we weren't expecting luxury, but even bearing that in mind we were a bit let down. First disappointment that being a 2 bed apartment, both rooms were twins, which was never really stated on the website? Given that it was our honeymoon this was a bit of a disappointment! The rooms are basic (which was to be expected) but even then lacking things I would normally expect in an apartment (e.g, toaster). The real problem was the beds, which weren't very comfortable at all, (on one of the beds the mattress was so worn you could feel the bed slats underneath); and the shower, (only gave hot water when it felt like it, and was on a broken hook so near impossible to shower without the shower slipping and soaking the whole bathroom). Air con was available but only on a supplement. Although the complex on the whole was pretty clean, I did notice that if you ever walked barefoot on the apartment floor (say when you leave the shower) the bottom of your feet will go black quite quickly, so I suspect the floors aren't mopped that often. The second issue was the apartments were far more 'out of town' that I feel we were led to believe. To get to the centre of Sidari takes about 30 mins which is just that bit too far to walk each way when it's 30+ degrees. You can take taxis but you are looking at 5-6 euros each way which will invariably add up. I would like to say that to compensate that at least the apartments are peaceful, but to be honest you will get music / bingo noise of an evening from the Yiannis apartments over the road, and if like us you have the misfortune to have to share your balcony with next doors apartment, and they stay up late being talking outside your apartment door half the night then I can't really say that they are that peaceful either. I would say these are a good budget option if you don't mind roughing it a bit. I have to say that for us personally as much as the owners etc were lovely, if we come back to Sidari then we will invest a little more next time in our accommodation to a least get a decent bed and shower, so we probably won't be coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sara H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corfu
Stema
#24 of 32 in Benitses
Antigoni Apartments
Antigoni Apartments
#4 of 23 in Ipsos

Been to Spiros Apartments? Share your experiences!