“WORSE STAY EVER! RUDE STAFF AND A FILTHY HOTEL!! SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSE WHERE!”
Review of Lefkimi Hotel

Lefkimi Hotel
Ranked #214 of 404 Hotels in Corfu
London, United Kingdom
“WORSE STAY EVER! RUDE STAFF AND A FILTHY HOTEL!! SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSE WHERE!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel from the 13th sep until the 20th sep and it honestly was the worse hotel we have ever stayed at! I don’t understand how Thomas cook and represent such a dirty run down hotel! On the 1st night of arrival we were told we had to hand over our passport which we didn’t get back until the day we left! And then the vile Greek receptionist started reading a list of rules we had to obey by.

When she handed over the key we were escorted to our room by Aris, the room was literally so basic all it included was 2 beds a wardrobe and tiny bathroom! Our bedding was stained and covered in paint blotches before we arrived, we took the bedding down to the rude receptionist and explained that our bedding was dirty and we don’t want to be charged for this, so could we change it, she stared getting all defensive and shouting at us telling us if we don’t like the hotel we can leave, my boyfriend asked for a refund and said we would find somewhere else to stay and she refused to give us a refund, after her shouting at us and our rep for 5mins Aris finally gave us new bedding,

The hotel charge you for literally everything, they advise you to buy a safe which is held in reception, they will tell you that if you pay 5 euro for a save you can have your passports back! This is not the case they make you keep your passports in there hands!
If you decide to leave the hotel you have to leave the key in a pigeon hole behind reception which is open for anyone to take! The receptionist is meant to be there 24 hours! Half the time no one was there and we just walked behind reception and took our own key! If we really wanted to we could of taken all of the keys and robbed the rooms its that open and easy to take what you like!

Don’t even bother waking up for the breakfast,! Bed and breakfast?
All you will get is 1 tea or coffee and 1 slice of toast that is like stale bread..its revolting your better off going to the shack for breakfast 2 euro for a full decent English breakfast! Breakfast times are set so they don’t have to make you anything and you miss breakfast, as it finishes at 9am!
The bathroom shower is just hung over the shower taps there is no holder. After washing myself the bubbles went down the sink hole and back up through the bathroom floor drain with all the other crap that was down there. Its disgusting I would rather stay in a tent for a week than this hotel!During our stay lost of peoples stuff was going missing after the maids have been in the room “cleaning” nothing of ours went missing as such but the suitcase was open when we came back and they were sad enough to open and eat half of our Pringles. Make sure you keep everything on you otherwise the maids will take your goods! The amount of people that had iphone’s and money stolen was ridiculous the balcony view is a brick all and a roof of a run down building, there is nothing to do in kavos but get hanging all day. During our stay we were lucky enough not to bump into any gypsies, we were told buy our rep that they steal anything and everything off you! The rooms are full of mozzies and midges that bite you! This hotel doesn’t have any nets in the windows to prevent this! The towels were changed once on our stay but we had to ask for them to do so and the bedding wasn’t changed at all. They do this so that you make a mark on the towels or bedding, then they can charge you! The pillow case is 10 euro and a towel is 50 euro, I will upload pictures of the price list so you can see,!
Don’t waste your time staying at this hotel as it’s the worse hotel in kavos and even the staff working out there including the reps at this hotel will tell you that this is the worse hotel in kavos! the staff are really rude and will try mug you off all the time! The staff there need to learn some people skills and maybe they might earn some respect! The Greek receptionist deserves a smack in the face! if i could rate this hotel less and 1 i would! its horrendous....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Holiday12351
Bianca22213, Manager at Lefkimi Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
The Hotel has been open since 1988 and we have never had a complaint about it being dirty anyone else who has stayed here can tell you that the staff here are always cleaning and as for it being run down i think that is just strange to me as we always do work on the Hotel every year in the winter. The passport's are kept by us for a certain amount of time so we can wright them into our Hotel book once this is done we return the passport's to our guest's who then put them into the safety deposit boxes so they don't miss lay them. All Hotels do this with the passport's. You are not told a list of rule's to obey you are told a few thing's about the hotel which in my opinion you should know like where the swimming pool is. The sheet's in you room where clean so why you are saying they where stained and covered in paint i don't know we have never put stained sheet's on the bed's nor will we start doing so. As for my staff shouting at you and your rep that is lies as my staff never shout even if the are being shouted at or verbally abused. We do not charge for every thing and i'm sorry you feel we do but for your 1 week stay you where charged for nothing so again just lies. Also during your stay you didn't once have to go behind the reception desk to get you key and the only time the receptionist is missing is when they have a call of nature. If you leave your balcony door''s open all night you will get mozzies in there which every day the cleaners spray for. People getting their stuff stolen by the cleaners is not true this is made up by you rep for what reason i don't know. You never had to ask to change your towels they are changed twice a week so again more lies. Charges for towels and sheets are only for when they get paint on them and a lot of paint which they are advised to wash off before hand. As for you rep saying it's the worst hotel that is lies as he was selling tickets for event's to his guest's and then keeping the money for himself and not giving them their tickets also because we wouldn't let him sell tickets to guest's from other companies who had their own rep's. None of my staff where ever rude to you so i can't understand why you would put up on here so many lies and my cleaners have never eaten any thing from the room's they are to proud to do any thing like that. From the moment you arrived in the hotel up until the day you left you tried to cause problems with my staff with what ever way you could think of. We even had other guest's complain about you arguing all the time in your room and making a lot of noise. As for your comment about Thomas Cook representing us we have got 3 awards from them for the year's 2008, 2009 and 2010 so that must say something but why you have to put lies on here just because we ask you to respect the other guest in the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is the 3rd year myself and friend have stopped in the Lefkimi hotel and it was as amazing as the first time. The rooms are very basic but they are exactly what you need for a stay in Kavos. The location is spot on. The staff at the Lefkimi are so so lovely and welcoming (especially Maria and Aris!!!) We felt like celebs returning to this hotel as the staff all remembered us and were genuinely pleased to see us.
Cleanliness at the hotel is to a high standard, the rooms are cleaned daily as is the pool and communal areas. If I had to pick fault it would be with the drainage system, which is sometimes a little smelly! However, this is something that is commonplace across the report.
Lovely Lovely hotel with fantastic people. Ignore the bad reviews they have no founding and I would definately return for a 4th stop x

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bianca22213, Manager at Lefkimi Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We are glad you once again enjoyed you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again for a fourth time.
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My friends and I stayed from 2nd-9th September. We were a little worried after booking the hotel from all the bad reviews. However, I can't see what peoples problems were. Safety deposit boxes are there for your belongings, so keep them there. After a few too many of those super strength cocktails it's easy to leave your doors unlocked isn't it?

The staff were all very friendly and nothing was a problem for them. Both Maria and Aris (the day and night receptionists) were great. The one night I came back with my head cut and Aris pulled me to one side and cleaned it up and put plasters on it. He could of quite easily let me go to the room and get blood stains on the pillows and sheets and pay the fine, but he didn't.

It's in a great location if you're here for a proper party holiday. Only about 200 meters from Rolling Stone Bar which in my opinion is the place you need to go to.

The pool area, which we didn't spend much time at to be honest was nice, always kept clean and Dimitra was always friendly and made some great poolside cocktails.

The rooms were also cleaned daily. We racked up about £35 in fines for sheets and pillow cases but that was our fault. The cleaners were friendly.

The only downside was being woken up as the bus was waiting for us and only had five minutes to pack and catch the bus. Didn't get time to thank the staff for a brilliant stay. If we go to Kavos again will definitely stay at Lefkimi.

Room Tip: Try and get a poolside or sea view room otherwise your balcony has a nice view of a wall.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
It's nice to see people who understand the way the hotel work's and not put it down to us wanting money. We just wish more people could understand it. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again next year.
Warwickshire
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Location is ideal for the strip granted but there is more to a hotel. Receptionists are helpful but..... Supposed to include breakfast- cheap bread toast and brown water called coffee is not breakfast. This is made worse that you can purchase a proper breakfast by the pool! The pool that you are banned from taking your own bottles water too! Security boxes are behind the counter but they try to insist on keeping your passport in it in case they want to 'fine' you. Bathroom flooded several times as there are no shower screens and the water goes everywhere. Air on is a must but steep at 50 euros. Overall, cheap and a little cheerful .

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed 26th August till 2nd September and I couldn't of asked to stay any where better, Maria the day receptionist comes across stubborn but she is so lovely, I ended up in hospital after breaking my toe and she came and sat outside with me when I was crying and gave me a hug, then every other day would always come up and make sure I was ok, her price list is very reasonable, we got makeup on all our sheets and towels and nothing was said, although my friend did get hair dye on a pillow and was charged 5€ which is fair enough as they would have to replace it, the safety deposit boxes were safe and I had never heard of anyone have anything going missing or getting charged for anything, aris the night receptionist was absolutely lovely!! He would talk to you every night and no everyone's name and would have your key ready for you when you would get in, he would always help anyone when they rolled in drunk and was never rude to anyone, the staff round the pool and bar area were also lovely and would do anything to make sure you enjoyed your stay! The maids were amazing, my room would be spotless when we would get in even my clothes folded up an makeup all put back in my makeup bag, they did more than what we expected, DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY BAD REVIEWS , of course if you roll in drunk being rude and being sick they're going to be angry and charge you all they want is a little respect, I would 1000% go back and I would recommend all 18-30's to stay here, ovbsiouly not a family place as it is literally I 2 second walk from the strip but hey it's kavos, face is its not a place for families and children, sadari and Corfu aren't that far and they are more family places' sorry for the essay but I really did love my stay BEST PLACE EVER :):)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Gracegrace18
WE at the hotel are happy to help in any way we can. It's nice to see someone put on here about the makeup on the towels etc as we don't charge if it comes out which some people don't believe so it's nice for one of our guest's to put it on here. We look forward to you coming back again if you decide to.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Fantastic location, right on the strip but still quiet enough inside for it to be comfortable. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. Maria and Aris (the main receptionists) are a credit to the hotel and are both dedicated to what they do.

The hotel is clean, the pool area is nice and the rooms are cleaned daily. The poolside area sells nice food at reasonable prices and the hotel itself is great value for money!

Room Tip: Try and get the back of the hotel so you get a sea view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danielle C
We are glad to here your comment's on the hotel and it's nice to hear that you think the receptionist are dedicated to the hotel as some people think they are only there to get money out of you. This is a shame as they have to put up with a lot and on some instance's abuse but i'm happy to say that they keep calm and don't give abuse back. We hope to see you again if you decide to come back and see us.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Lefkimi Hotel was 2* all the way with 5* help. Good staff and very helpful at all times. Lots of extras..Air Con €50)...Security Box.... Breakfast offered BUT never taken as NO ONE is ever up at that hour of the morning..They are just going to bed round 6-7am. Young occupants..Noisy at all times in spite of security. Anything you soil..break..mark.. YOU PAY dearly and they do not give you your passport UNTIL they check everything. That's illegal by the way. €10 for a dirty towel which you can buy for €7 Euros. On the Most wonderfully exciting STRIP in the World ...100% Adrenalin pumping so Central and NOISY. Young..crazy..foolish and out for a seriously good time..This is your Hotel. Anyone else..avoid like the plague..especially if family or needing rest at night. Overall and in truth,,,,,great Hotel....good people..harsh Prison rules....would go again.

Room Tip: Ground floor is suicide............
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo