“Lovely location with good food”
Review of Veranda Taverna

Veranda Taverna
Ranked #150 of 1,322 Restaurants in Corfu
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I spotted this place during a stroll around Corfu Town one afternoon and decided to return in the evening for a bite to eat.
We were greeted with a friendly smile and bagged the last free table overlooking the water.
We shared a baked feta starter. It was a generous portion and beautifully flavoured.
I had a very tasty Greek style veal dish and my wife had the moussaka for mains.
We had a half litre of very drinkable house white and some mineral water and the total bill came in at a very reasonable 27 Euros.
Highly recommended.

2  Thank ritsos86

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place serves excellent freshly cooked fish: Sea Bass in particular. We recommend it. It will not break your bank account.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We went two days in a row because I really wanted to check it twice before I tell you my objective opinion . We really liked it the first time but on the second evening they convinced us that we chose perfectly . The view is great , the food is excellent and the service impeccable. I added some photos with the dishes we liked so that I can give you a better preview of what you can taste if you go there . I recommend the octopus , the sea bass but everything we tried was delicious . If you go there , say hi to Spiros from us . He is funny but with a work ethic we really enjoyed . I give this place a 5 out of 5 with all my heart .

1  Thank UrzicaAnda
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My colleagues and I were attending a conference in Corfu and we happened to stumble upon this little gem whil walking around the old city. Simply put, the food was AMAZING, the service and stuff were awesome, friendly, and absolutely nice. After the meal, I lit a cigar and when they noticed I was smoking a Cuban, one of the owners GAVE me a Cohiba. I have never met nicer restauranteurs in all my years and I have travelled the globe.
We went to this restaurant 3 times in 2 days. Everything I tried was delicious and after eating a meal fit for a king, you will be surprised by the bill. Incredibly affordable and totally worth every penny. If you are in Corfu, YOU MUST TRY THIS PLACE.
Don't forget to taste the ice cream!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

After sightseeing in Corfu Town we decided to have a break and recharge at one of tavernas by the sea...Very happy that chose Veranda. Is located by the sea (overlooking the water) with beautiful views. Looks very welcoming, staff were friendly and polite, service great. And food delicious! We ordered traditional choriatki salad, meatballs with mint yoghurt, plate of fish and plate of grilled calamari, both served with chips, plus we took several carafes of wine and some water. Everything was really tasty and fresh, it comes in big portions and it doesn't cost a lot. So I have to say that it is a great value for money! I'm sure that when we are back in Corfu, we will visit Veranda one more time!