All reviews local tavernas wonderful hosts historic village mount pantokrator unique stay minute drive hire car excellent breakfast night stay our honeymoon ice cream suite priest marmalades bees greek greece
Reviewed August 27, 2015

We spent stayed at The Merchant's House after our wedding reception in Old Perithia and could not have wished for more perfect accommodation. Mark and Saskia are the most wonderful hosts and their warm welcome and attention to detail helped make out special day all the more fantastic. Suite 3 was gorgeous and had the most beautiful view from the bedroom window. Oh, and the breakfast... Like everything else. Perfect.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank DavidL1978
Reviewed August 27, 2015

This Bed&Breakfast has a beautiful view, in the countryside, and very welcoming owners.
It is tastefully decorated and has served a delicious breakfast.
We hope to visit this Bed&Breakfast again in the near future !

1  Thank marjod955
Reviewed August 24, 2015

I've been at the Merchants house with my girlfriend during August for 7 days and we've had the most amazing time. The Merchants House is a beautifully renovated boutique hotel in Old Perithia, the oldest village on the island of corfu with an amazing view and a very peaceful atmosphere. We've had a two room suite which was very clean and beautifully renovated with a lot of love for details. The breakfast was also very very good. But the best thing about staying at the Merchants House is having Saskia and Mark as hosts: they really care a lot about their guests and give the best tips for every day of the stay. All the restaurants they've recommended were just amazing and you feel unbelievably welcomed by them. I can only recommend this place!

2  Thank Simon K
Reviewed August 23, 2015

The village of Old Perithia is a stunningly beautiful place, with a unique history comprising of stories of war, martyrs, pirates and conquerors.
Mark & Saskia lovingly restored an old building to a luxurious top class B&B. They know everything there is to know about the village's history and I strongly recommend joining them on one of the tours which are very informative.
Staying at the Merchants House I can only describe as the most enjoyable stay of my holiday. The rooms are all tastefully decorated with a luxurious feel, the attention to detail is extraordinary; the bathrooms are spacious and contemporary, the bed was comfortable and the wifi speed was great even for streaming.
I sampled the most delicious and healthy breakfast made with local produce and there are plenty of taverns within walking distance that serve good quality local dishes. Several beaches are within a 10-15 minute drive but be warned you may not want to spend much time away from the village or B&B because on top of all that you will be waking up to the magnificent mountain & sea views.
I can't recommend a visit to this place enough.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank London_TravellerDD
Reviewed August 14, 2015

Mark and Saskia are the most wonderful hosts. I cannot fault our stay in Old Perithia from beginning to end; I would like to have stayed much longer. The suites are simply enchanting: beautifully decorated/furnished and in keeping with the nature of this magical village. The bed was luxuriously comfortable, the shower excellent and the breakfast was the pièce de résistance - locally sourced and homemade; even the eggs came from chickens belonging to the local priest! Mark and Saskia have truly invested their hearts and souls into this venture and their knowledge of the village provides a fascinating insight into one of the oldest Corfu settlement. We particularly enjoyed the walking tour of the village and the feeling of genuine friendship. I do not hesitate in giving The Merchant's House my highest possible recommendations. We will return next year without a doubt. Thank you!

1  Thank benjybody