“Wonderful”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Hudson, Ohio
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stunning restaurant, tastfully furnished with fantastic views. Inside and outside seating for meals and a garden with seating for drinks. The menu is interesting with a good choice of dishes. I had the Archontiko pasta which was wonderful. Before the main course, we were served a variety of dips, bread and shaved pork with lettuce. Desserts are homemade, and although I didn't have room for one, the other diners in my party said they were delicious.
I would certainly reccommend this restaurant for a special occasion. Service, food, drinks, setting cannot be faulted.

1 Thank CorfuCarol

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“An absolute must for any visitor to Corfu!5 stars on all”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Before visiting this restaurant on Saturday 12th of October..I was so sceptical how a restaurant could get so many 5 star and perfect reviews..surely something must not be 100%...

But I have to say..all the 5 star reviews are spot on!

This restaurant is just something else.

We hired a car especially and drove from Achavari to this restaurant(took 1hr 20 mins)...and we are so glad we did!
I knew as soon as we pulled up this would be a special meal.

The decor is stunning...you could spend hours exploring the intricate architecture of the outside stone walls and gardens. I'm sure it's stunning in daytime..but at night..with the lights...it really has a lovely atmosphere.

We were greeted so warmly and professionally by Akis. The interior is stunning..modern yet authentically greek and so tastefully done.

The service from Akis and the waitress was extremely attentive and efficient. We only had to wait seconds for any request and we were asked at all times did we want to space out courses which I appreciated as sometimes on holiday you want to slowly go through the courses!very thoughtful.

The food was delicious..I had the Beef special...so tasty and full of flavour.

Akis was the perfect host..and best of all..so humble despite his enviable reputation online!it's clear he values every customer that walks through his door and never takes for granted that custom.

With such 5 star food and service..we were expecting a steep bill which we would've been more than happy to pay..but couldn't believe how little the bill came to!again..it shows respect to the customer that Akis hasn't hiked the prices based on reputation.

In summary...this is well worth 1 visit on any holiday in Corfu. even if you have to travel..its quite a nice drive and you'll see some stunning scenery.

we have lovely memories of this meal and thank Akis and his staff for this!

2 Thank arcticnead
Swansea, United Kingdom
“The 5 Star reviews are all correct. A great restaurant with good food and a passionate owner! ”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We saw this restaurant on trip advisor and as you can see it has nothing but excellent reviews. Well I'm a little old in the tooth and some say I'm a cynical old so and so! Maybe they are right as before we ate there I decided to check it out I knew from the reviews that it was on the top of a hill and therefore decided to take a trip in the daytime to find it. The road up to the restaurant is typical Corfu, with potholes, 90 degree bends and the odd lost goat. But we found the restaurant. The views are outstanding. The restaurant was closed as they open at 6pm but we could see staff inside so I went to book a table.

The moment I walked through the door I knew I would have a good meal here. The dining room gives off a casual air that only comes from an owner who is passionate for details and perfection. To my right there was a young lady busily polishing plates as she laid the tables for the evening. A very good sign. Behind the bar was a gentleman who it turns out is the owner Akis. I book a table and Akis said "We aren't open but if you would like a drink you can have one." We ordered some white wine and sat on the terrace admiring the view. Akis served the wine and had a little chat. Then he returned with a small plate of appetizers to go with the wine . We spent a very pleasant half an hour admiring the view . Akis returned to say that he had to go shopping for fresh ingredients for the evening ( another good sign) and that the wine was on the house.

We arrived in the evening to find the restaurant about half full. Drinks were ordered, menus perused . This didn't take long as we had seen a menu in the morning. My wife had fresh mushrooms with chilli . I had courgette cakes , the cakes were deep fried in crispy batter and were very good.

Main courses were rabbit stifado and spicy lamb. Both were very good. The presentation was modern but with sensible portions. Akis provided a good merlot as the house wine and the service although casual was perfect for the location and the clientele. We had a very good experience as did every other guest that evening.

After the meal we had an opportunity to chat with Akis who is a charming man and a true professional, with both vision and soul. We arrived at 8pm and left at 1am as the conversation and yes the drinks flowed.

This is a wonderful restaurant designed and built by Akis. We truly recommend it .

2 Thank PatrickAd
“5 Stars for this Gastronomically passionate Restaurant”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Last night was our third visit to Archontiko. Akis and his wife (the Chef) form an exceptional team. First, there's the choice, quality, freshness of the ingredients either locally sourced or Greek products. Second the research that goes into design of the menu, inspired from the local Corfiot "terroir" and executed with a modern touch... Third, is the attention to detail in every aspect of this restaurant: from the architectural design (by Akis himself), the location, the excellent service and passion of the staff.
There is a regular menu but the specials are constantly changing and seasonally adapted. Try the delicately smoked trout or beef carpaccio for starters. The lamb shank (Kleftiko) was well seasoned and balanced and the ingredients truly reflected the combination of the surrounding olives groves and scents from the coastal line nearby. The cockerel pastitsada was another understated gem hidden in the menu. The list of surprises didn’t stop there: The innovations in the Greek Wine scene are also reflected in the interesting wine list from the refreshing Sauvignons to the Bordeaux-style Reds. The homemade Baklawa and other desserts locally inspired are the result of subtle mix of spices, filo pastry and nuts and are not overwhelmingly sweet.
So, to sum up... I highly recommend this restaurant for their passion and dedication to raise the profile of gastronomy in Corfu, for the unpretentious and professionalism of the team as well as the overall nice feel about the whole place... I feel privileged to have known Akis and his team before what one day may well become the Ionian start ... from Michelin.
We will be back one last time during this trip... I was promised a Rabbit stew.. perfect for mid-autumn

Bon Appetit

Riga, Latvia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem (with a bit of mosquitoes)”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at Nissaki this holiday, so we had to drive all our way to the other island side. It takes up to 70 min. The place has stunning views, especially on sunset. The waitresses and the owner were very helpful, the food was very good. The late evening was a bit ruined with the mosquitoes, but when they arrived we took off :) I can't recommend anything in particular, but the lamb was quite good.

Visited September 2013