Ananias Studios & Apartments
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Corfu
See available hotels
Blue Sea Hotel(Agios Georgios)
Hotel Bruskos(Agios Georgios)
  • Pool
Golden Sands Hotel(Agios Georgios)
Andriana Apartments(Agios Georgios)
  • Free Internet
Sandy Beach Resort(Agios Georgios)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Helios(Boukari)
Vlassis(Paramonas)
View Hotel
All reviewsst georgeself cateringcorfu towndesperate need of modernisationgreat holidaystar ratedsea pool viewgyrosseparate kitchenanti paxoslovely cocktailspots and pansturn rightevery eveningpool areagreek accommodationfamily run
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Family run apartments situated in a great location overlooking the sea. Pleasant staff, in particular Yanni who ran the bar in the evenings and Dora who ran the show during the day. The whole place was generally clean, with the 2 cleaners present every day (bar Sunday).

Decent bar area serving well-priced drinks and snacks. Excellent pool area with plenty of sun loungers that were in good condition. The complex got the sun for most of the day.

My only gripe is the room I was allocated. Make sure you get yourself a room overlooking the pool area. I was on the ground floor at the rear of the block. I could just about see the sea, but mainly plants and there was a whiffy stench coming from what looked like an outflow pipe below my balcony. I did ask about moving but it was fairly full at the time so no real options. The room itself was fine, cleaned everyday, good shower, decent toilet flush, working fridge. I just wish I'd have been on the other side of the block.

The apartments are well located, situated between the two main beaches and bar/restaurant areas. Food recommendations - Balcony, Makis and Malibu. I hired a quad (from George, great bloke) on 3 days and managed to see almost all of the island bar the far north, even went right through the middle of Corfu Town, great fun!

I probably wouldn't return to the resort. Not that it wasn't pleasant, but it didn't have anything that I don't think I could see/get elsewhere. I went to Petra (on Lesbos) last year and preferred having an actual 'old' town in the resort. However, if I did then I would return to the Ananias but would make sure I got a room on the pool side!

NB. I really wish Tripadvisor would move to an 'out of 10' marking system. So many of my reviews fall between 3 and 4 or 4 and 5. I'd have given this 3.5 out of 5 if i could, or 7/10!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are well worth requesting.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank majp81
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just returned from great two weeks at the Ananias. Thanks to yIannis, anastasia, george,angela,dora, mama & papa for really looking after us. We met some really nice people especially mal & glynis tony &kay and the wee man john. Great selection of restaurants sunset , panorama, balcony, village and favorite drinking holes mad mikes and yazzoos. Pool and bar were superb and the views fantastic. Looking forward to going back . Thanks again yIannis and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian H
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Just returned from the Ananias Studios again for the 2nd year and looking to book up again for next year!!!
These is a family owned and run property, owned by mama and papa and run by son Yannais (and wife Anastasia)and daughter Angela. Yes the accommodation is a bit dated and required some modernisation but I think this will happen in time when mama and papa give over the reins to Yannais and Angela.
Saying that, the studios are kept very clean by the 2 very friendly maids who clean the roms 6 days a week. Lined and towels are changed at least once a week.
The pool is very clean and Yannais maintains it every night. I found there were plenty of loungers and new parasols were put out on our 2nd day. Loungers are plentiful unless people put their towels on them first thing in the morning and then disappear to the beach for the rest of the day!!
The food available at the bar is very reasonably priced and good quality - the only thing i found this year was the increased cost of cans of soft drinks - 1.90euro against about 1.00euro in the supermarkets.
The family have 2 adorable dogs who are very well behaved and just love greeting all the guests with their loving looks. They also have a very friendly ginger cat and you cant help but love them all.
In response to a previous comment noting the reception was not manned, i dont think this is a negative of Ananias at all as the family are at the bar (located at the main entrance) from 0800am until the last guest goes to bed. The family welcome you on arrival, take you to your rooms and Yannais is there to give you a warm departure (even if your flight is through the night!!)
This is my second year visiting these studios and i will definitely return next year- i cant wait!!!

Room Tip: Studios - pick an upper floor room for the best views
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RLYALL14
Reviewed September 7, 2012

well what can i say, we returned for the fourth year in a row and once again we were treated like family.
these apartments are self catering but the cleaners do clean your rooms daily,change sheets and towels weekly,good for self catering!
food is excellent and wow large portions..
Its a quiet resort,with shops and restaurants/karaoke bars down the road.blue sea were you can snorkel and see the many fish at arms length..
yannis and anistasia make everyone welcome and put themselves out to make your stay a good one..and young george well he is fun..
thanks again to every one for a great holiday, see you all again 2013..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank daren k
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Ananias for 2 weeks from 30th July. It was amazing. The family are so lovely, ensuring my husband watched as much volleyball as possible during the Olympics and are always ready with a smile.
The apartments are typically Greek, basic but clean and tidy with everything you might need for a happy stay. They are cleaned every day apart rom Sundays and towels were changed twice per week.
Honestly I cant say enough good things about Yianna and Anastacia, The Ananias and St George South.
We are definately booking to go back again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple