“Just what we were looking for.”

Poco Loco Latin Restaurant Bar
Ranked #60 of 277 Restaurants in Ioannina
Reviewed January 4, 2017

We were told about this restaurant by a friend so made a note to visit at some point. We tried to book our favourite restaurant for Christmas Eve but unfortunately it wasn't opening over the festive period so we booked Poco Loco instead.

The decor and ambience is lovely and a nice change. We live in Greece but are from the UK and this restaurant is more what you would expect in the UK. Very clean, nice furnishings, spacious, not smoky at all, great service and more a smart restaurant than a local taverna.

We had a cocktail at the bar and chatted to the barman. The cocktails were very good and staff lovely and friendly.

We ordered starters which were probably out of a packet but it was just nice to have something different. Mains were nice, not particularly authentic as we are used to Mexican restaurants in the UK so weren't expecting typical spicy Mexican food. We know the ingredients are available as we regularly buy jalapeño peppers and spices and my husband is a trainee chef and makes a great chilli and tacos, Thai curries and Indian curries at home.

I was disappointed that there were no prawn or fish dishes on the menu as I don't eat meat. I ordered a vegetarian chimichanga and my husband a chicken burrito. My dish was nice but a bit boring after a while and the chimichanga just went soggy so I ended up leaving half of my meal. Amazingly, my vegetarian meal was more expensive than the chicken meal?

We would go back but probably on the special cocktail night and choose a few starters next time. We would give 5/5 for the ambience and 3/5 for the food so on average a 4.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Engineer9199

Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

Great choice and value, the food is very tastefull and the service is in very nice and helpful. Also the prices are very normal. Will visit the restaurant for dinner and coctails again.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

Its not easy and believe me when I say that you cant find people and specially staff smile in Ioannina. Well done!!!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed February 29, 2016 via mobile

lovely restaurant by the lake. Decor is great and quirky. Food is lovely and cocktails amazing. Visited twice now and both times great.
Wish we'd got the name of our lovely waitress... She was so lovely and really great with our son. She's definitely a huge asset to the restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 18, 2016

In brief: Goog Margaritas and food + great service at affordable prices! You feel like a king of latin knights there. Perfect choice.

Date of visit: February 2016