See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I was very excited for this hotel based on the pictures, and the lobby is beautiful but the rooms are horrendous. The shower head doesn’t have a wall mount and there was no shower curtain. The room was very small and dingy and simply unclean. The carpet was dirty and gross and there were bugs everywhere. The plaster is coming off the walls and ceiling, and there was only 1 power outlet in the whole room. I don’t recommend coming here.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
ΑΘΗΝΑ Γ, Customer Relations Executive at Alexios Hotel & INN, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear Εmma, we would like to thank you for your review. We appreciate all comments from our guests as they help us to maintain the level of services we keep providing all these years.We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused at your room but we would like to inform you that we provide different type of rooms as you can see in our photos which are chosen by our clients for their convinience and comfort.The reservations are made depending on the room type and the price that selects each client. We were really surprised to receive a negative rewiew for the cleanliness as our clients give us excellent rewiews about it. Concerning the power outlet I would like to inform you that in all rooms there are power strips to cater to the accomodation needs of our clients.We assure you that all your comments will be forward to the hotel management. We apologize for the inconvinience once again and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again. Yours faithfully Athina Gioti ,Customer Relations Executive-ALEXIOSHOTEL

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

There are many good things about this hotel, it's about 10 minutes walk from the town centre, it's clean and has nice reception areas.
However the breakfast as others have said before, is uninspiring and limited. No hot food just yogurt, bread ,cheese, ham and cereals. As a vegetarian and gluten intolerant I struggled to find something to eat. I also felt for such an expensive hotel the quality of the food was poor.
My room and bathroom was small dark and depressing even though I paid extra for an upgrade to the older traditional part of the hotel. I had expected a balcony and a place to sit in my room but there was just one small window and a hard upright chair by the desk.
My bathroom had a small bath without a plug and a shower attachment without anywhere to attach it. Yes I have come across this before but not in such an expensive hotel.
There had been a lack of thought to the room. For example it was so dark in the area where the air conditioner was that I had to use a torch to see the controls- there was no handset. There were no drawers at all just a small wardrobe with limited hangers so I struggled to know where to put my clothes. The door closed but would not lock properly.
There was a small fridge which was good.
All in all I found this a disappointing and expensive place to stay and would look for somewhere else another time.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RosieTilly
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Hotel Alexios is tipical greek hotel, not to much offer, but in any case you are here just to overnight because of driving around to very famous sites: Meteora, Ioannina, Ionian sea, Dodona... Simply rooms, restaurant and very poor breakfast.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

I liked staying there. It was in the center of the city, very closed to many things: supermarkets, shops etc. You have just to walk a bit (10 min or less) and you are in the center of the city, pedestrian area (you may drink sth or have sth light). Clean&comfort hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. The people of light breakfast are ok, but for the ones who likes to have a full breakfast I don't recommend. They have filter coffee and you have to pay for espresso (2.5 euro). Bar and lounge didn't work when I stayed .

Room tip: first floor, not having stairs or elevator
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
ΑΘΗΝΑ Γ, Customer Relations Executive at Alexios Hotel & INN, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2017

Dear Kelimale,
we wholeheartedly thank you for the time you dedicated to writting your comments about HOTEL ALEXIOS.We would like to express our extreme pleasure and satisfaction for your comments about our location ,cleanliness and our helpfull staff.Also we would like to inform you that the bar works every day from 07:00 a.m to 23:00 pm and we are very sorry about your disappointment for coffee but only filter coffee we offer free of charge at breakfast.The management of the hotel has already been informed for your comments and we will continue focusing on our top priority providing our clients with the best possible services.Our best wishes and we look forward to visiting us in the future.
Yours faithfully
Athina Gioti ,Customer Relations Executive-ALEXIOSHOTEL

Reviewed February 1, 2017

If you want to stay somewhere central in Ioannina this is for you. Not a luxury hotel, despite its name, but clean and comfortable. good breakfast. The management needs to lesten to its clientele more. Some of our valid comments were totally ignored.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KonVat
ΑΘΗΝΑ Γ, Customers Relations Executive at Alexios Hotel & INN, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2017

Dear KonVat we wholeheartedly thank you for the time you dedicated to writting your comments about HOTEL ALEXIOS.We would like to express our pleasure and satisfaction for your comments about our accommodation facilities like cleanliness,breakfast, location and our reasonable prices.We are very sorry about your disappointment for the type of your room but we would like to inform you that we provide different type of rooms:standard-park view and luxury rooms which are choosen by our clients for their convenience and comfort.We will be more than happy to cater to your accommodation needs in the future.
Yours faithfully