We booked this hotel for a one night stay this weekend and I have to say we were a bit disappointed when we pulled up outside - I thought, um this is not 5 star.....but then you go inside and it IS beautiful. Wonderful, spacious, elegant lobby with bar, comfy seating areas and really helpful staff. The room we booked - a lake view room - we did change, as it was on the ground floor and the lake view we didn't consider to be worth the extra money PLUS it was in a different building so you had to walk outside (in the rain) to get to the bar, restaurant, spa etc. So, we changed to a standard room in the main building and it was wonderful. Large, well-furnished, no noise disturbance from other rooms. The bathroom was a bit old-fashioned, but it was all very clean.
The formal restaurant was beautifully furnished, the food was wonderful, service great. The breakfast was PHENOMENAL, the best I have ever seen in a hotel, with a huge selection of cooked breakfast, cereals, cakes, croissants, yoghurts with all the trimmings etc etc.
The spa was excellent, well-laid out and equipped, towels, robes, slippers, fruit, water etc everywhere, decent size pool, and the treatments very professionally administered. Would have been nice to have the spa open in the mornings too (it opened at 1pm) as we would have liked to use it before we checked out, but a minor point.
The only negatives: there was no wifi in the bedrooms, which should be as standard in a 5-star hotel. To use the spa, you have to go the basement and walk past all the function/event rooms. Not so bad maybe, but we were in our robes and there was a wedding party in the room next to the spa - the bride was right outside as we walked past having photographs taken and we received some very strange looks and laughs from guests. Bit uncomfortable, and I'm sure the bride would have preferred not to have strangers right there with her and her party. Maybe the spa could have a more suitable entrance.
But all in all a wonderful hotel, good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Du Lac Congress Center & Spa is situated next to Pamvotis Lake, the lake of legends and traditions, in the capital of Epirus, Ioannina. It is one of the most modern hotels in Greece offering an advanced technological conference center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Du Lac Congress Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Du Lac & Congress Ioannina
- Hotel Du Lac And Congress Center