All reviews mum and dad top floor next year dokos taverna mama papa amazing place to stay these apartments by greek standards minute stroll pool side friendly hosts fabulous stay linen and towels rooms were cleaned great apartments olive trees lovely balcony
Reviewed June 20, 2013

As previous contributors have said this is a lovely, well maintained property. You couldn't fault the cleanliness. We had room no 1 which I thought would be on the ground floor, but no this is still up a couple of flights of stairs from the pool area, which is a small flight of steps up from the road, which is up a hill, which is up a fairly steep hill from the resort. It is however only about a ten minute walk from the resort centre. If you have no problems with hills and steps this is a lovely place to stay. If you do then it may not be the property for you. Akis and his Mum and Dad run the studios and they are all friendly and accommodating. They work hard. The rooms are spotless and so are all the public areas.
The pool is lovely. There is a pool bar and behind that are showers, toilets and a changing room.
The room was comfortable with twin beds, a small kitchen area and a bathroom (with a shower curtain) There is a kettle in the kitchen.
The hot water was hot! Unusual for Greece! Akis Dad sold water at 2 Euros for 6 large bottles, not worth lugging it up the hills from the supermarkets.
We had lovely weather which was a bonus. All in all a good place to stay if you are fit.

Room Tip: All rooms look over the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank caroljdavis
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at the Akis Studios 19-26 May 2013. We were met on arrival by Atkis who helped us carry our bags up to our room which was up several flight of stairs!! Thanks. Our room was spotless, the beds really comfy, lovely balcony overlooking the pool and a nice little kitchen (only thing missing, in my opinion, was a toaster). We immediately doned shorts and went down to the pool bar. Great little bar, again lovely and clean and the pool and sun beds were spotless and very inviting!! Atkis told us about some nice tavernas to go to and places to visit which was really helpful! We went on to have a fantastic holiday, even though the weather was a little unsettled. But Parga is so beautiful, stunning!! Favourite places were the Atrium bar for lunch overlooking the beach, Dokos Taverna on the beach were they have live music nights, Campillo Pizza Restaurant (best pizzza I,ve ever had and I,ve had a lot), Five Senses is fantastic, beautiful, stylish place with good food and service, Captains Bar for pre dinner drinks. We will definitely come back to Parga, hopefully very soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cathy D
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at Akis Studios in Parga for one week in mid-May (2013) - we were very pleased with everything there, our studio and the entire property is extremely well maintained. Akis was very welcoming. Being low season there seemed to be just one cleaner each day - she was so hardworking & efficient, the cleanliness/good order is probably largely down to her. Akis studios are nicely located up a quiet street (well in May it was quiet), with no other buildings opposite, just a steep hillside covered with the greenest forestation and olive trees I have ever seen, and mountains to the right. We were on the top floor so had a perfect outlook to this. As another reviewer has said it is bit of a trek to the top floor - but only twice - with your luggage! If you are fit enough I do reccommend a high floor room. The swimming pool looked very nice but we did not use it as went out in our hire car each day for walking & beach-hunting. I don't think these studios would be ideal for young children. Parga is a lovely 'holiday town' - the harbour, the hilltop castle & network of cobbled streets are very atmospheric in the evening, and beautifully floodlit. Being May the town beach was really pleasant. I suspect Parga on the whiole may be better experienced out of high season, otherwise might be a bit overcrowded.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Belinda R
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Akis apartments June/July 2012 for two weeks during which time it was extremely hot around Parga.
Akis showed us up to our room on the top floor which was a bit of a treck and painstakingly went thro the doors / windows / lights / air conditioning drill etc.
I had no problem with this whatsoever and it was clear that the family who live on site like to run a 'tight ship'.
Again I welcomed this and I think it is for the benefit of all the guests. The rooms were well equipped and spotless and made for a very pleasant stay. Due to the heat we spent lengthy spells around the pool and enjoyed banter with Akis who was invariably looking after the bar. There were always sunbeds available because there was no reserving and the pool was clean and refreshing. I found Akis to be friendly and it may be that his humour and manerisms may be mistook as there is no doubt about it he is a character and he is loud. His parents were equally friendly and you can buy your water from them at supermarket prices and it saves you the walk.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dyble
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Visited the Akis Studios last summer. Very clean rooms. Nice facilities. I very much enjoyed my stay, however Akis, the hotel owner, was not a very pleasent man. He was rude to me and fellow guest, including a very loud and public argument with one guest. If you have Children, Akis Studios may not be for you as there are many strict rules imposed by Akis, however if you are looking for a peaceful relaxed holiday, BY the pool then it may be for you.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family