All reviewsmum and dadtop floornext yeardokos tavernamama papaamazing place to staythese apartmentsby greek standardsminute strollpool sidefriendly hostsfabulous staylinen and towelsrooms were cleanedgreat apartmentsolive treeslovely balcony
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at Akis Studios in Parga for one week in mid-May (2013) - we were very pleased with everything there, our studio and the entire property is extremely well maintained. Akis was very welcoming. Being low season there seemed to be just one cleaner each day - she was so hardworking & efficient, the cleanliness/good order is probably largely down to her. Akis studios are nicely located up a quiet street (well in May it was quiet), with no other buildings opposite, just a steep hillside covered with the greenest forestation and olive trees I have ever seen, and mountains to the right. We were on the top floor so had a perfect outlook to this. As another reviewer has said it is bit of a trek to the top floor - but only twice - with your luggage! If you are fit enough I do reccommend a high floor room. The swimming pool looked very nice but we did not use it as went out in our hire car each day for walking & beach-hunting. I don't think these studios would be ideal for young children. Parga is a lovely 'holiday town' - the harbour, the hilltop castle & network of cobbled streets are very atmospheric in the evening, and beautifully floodlit. Being May the town beach was really pleasant. I suspect Parga on the whiole may be better experienced out of high season, otherwise might be a bit overcrowded.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Belinda R
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Akis apartments June/July 2012 for two weeks during which time it was extremely hot around Parga.
Akis showed us up to our room on the top floor which was a bit of a treck and painstakingly went thro the doors / windows / lights / air conditioning drill etc.
I had no problem with this whatsoever and it was clear that the family who live on site like to run a 'tight ship'.
Again I welcomed this and I think it is for the benefit of all the guests. The rooms were well equipped and spotless and made for a very pleasant stay. Due to the heat we spent lengthy spells around the pool and enjoyed banter with Akis who was invariably looking after the bar. There were always sunbeds available because there was no reserving and the pool was clean and refreshing. I found Akis to be friendly and it may be that his humour and manerisms may be mistook as there is no doubt about it he is a character and he is loud. His parents were equally friendly and you can buy your water from them at supermarket prices and it saves you the walk.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dyble
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Visited the Akis Studios last summer. Very clean rooms. Nice facilities. I very much enjoyed my stay, however Akis, the hotel owner, was not a very pleasent man. He was rude to me and fellow guest, including a very loud and public argument with one guest. If you have Children, Akis Studios may not be for you as there are many strict rules imposed by Akis, however if you are looking for a peaceful relaxed holiday, BY the pool then it may be for you.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank GarethM1998
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just arrived back from a two week holiday at the Akis Studios. These studios are kept immaculate and are a credit to Akis, Mamma, and pappa!!!!!! (and two very hardworking maids). The family, especially Akis is very co-operative and helpful and has a excellent knowledge of Parga. They are a lovely family and we had some laughs with Mamma and Pappa!!!! Parga itself is stunning, with some great tavernas, our favourites Yannis, Perivoli, Romantica and Dokos. Would we go back - YES!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda L
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had two weeks from 30th August in Parga. Our 4th time to Parga, first at the Akis. The location is just perfect for us, the apartments are lovely, very clean and spacious and Akis and his Mum and Dad are most welcoming. The maid service is every day, with several bed linen and towel changes throughout the week. The pool area is amazing cleanly and swept and moped daily by either Rita or Leonora. There is a pool bar for drinks. We like to walk in the mornings and then have a relax by the pool in the afternoon and there was always a choice of sunbeds and more often than not I had the pool to myself for my swim - heaven!

Unfortunately for us, I had an accident (my own fault) incurring an injury to my head, Akis was amazingly helpful to my husband and organised the emergency services and rang the Rep etc. and organised taxis for us the following day to return to the hospital. Most appreciative when in need. Not only are the apartments (in our opinon 5 star) Akis is 5 star too!

Akis likes to keep the apartments and pool to a good standard and explains his requests when you first arrive, e.g. to take a shower before you go in the pool, explains about the lights and windows and air con etc. which is all good common sense and most reasonable people would have no problem with this - we certainly did not.

We love Parga and will return again in the future and we would certainly want to stay at the Akis apartments again.

Room Tip: All rooms are overlooking pool. We asked for an upper room and were on the 2nd floor, the steps up helped keep us very fit by the end of the holiday - super location. When the windows are shut you cannot hear a thing!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple