All reviewsmum and dadtop floornext yeardokos tavernamama papaamazing place to staythese apartmentsby greek standardsminute strollpool sidefriendly hostsfabulous staylinen and towelsrooms were cleanedgreat apartmentsolive treeslovely balcony
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just arrived back from a two week holiday at the Akis Studios. These studios are kept immaculate and are a credit to Akis, Mamma, and pappa!!!!!! (and two very hardworking maids). The family, especially Akis is very co-operative and helpful and has a excellent knowledge of Parga. They are a lovely family and we had some laughs with Mamma and Pappa!!!! Parga itself is stunning, with some great tavernas, our favourites Yannis, Perivoli, Romantica and Dokos. Would we go back - YES!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda L
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had two weeks from 30th August in Parga. Our 4th time to Parga, first at the Akis. The location is just perfect for us, the apartments are lovely, very clean and spacious and Akis and his Mum and Dad are most welcoming. The maid service is every day, with several bed linen and towel changes throughout the week. The pool area is amazing cleanly and swept and moped daily by either Rita or Leonora. There is a pool bar for drinks. We like to walk in the mornings and then have a relax by the pool in the afternoon and there was always a choice of sunbeds and more often than not I had the pool to myself for my swim - heaven!

Unfortunately for us, I had an accident (my own fault) incurring an injury to my head, Akis was amazingly helpful to my husband and organised the emergency services and rang the Rep etc. and organised taxis for us the following day to return to the hospital. Most appreciative when in need. Not only are the apartments (in our opinon 5 star) Akis is 5 star too!

Akis likes to keep the apartments and pool to a good standard and explains his requests when you first arrive, e.g. to take a shower before you go in the pool, explains about the lights and windows and air con etc. which is all good common sense and most reasonable people would have no problem with this - we certainly did not.

We love Parga and will return again in the future and we would certainly want to stay at the Akis apartments again.

Room Tip: All rooms are overlooking pool. We asked for an upper room and were on the 2nd floor, the steps up helped keep us very fit by the end of the holiday - super location. When the windows are shut you cannot hear a thing!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greekaholics
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I travelled to Parga at the end of August 2012 and stayed 1 week at Akis Studios. Most of the feedbacks describe it as a very clean one, if not the cleanest in Greece. I would say that it is a nice place to state, though it is equally concentrated on cleaning as other places I stayed in Greece.
Positive:
It is located a walking distance to Parga center
There is a small grocery store just across the street, though prices are slightly higher than in the ones found downtown. It was convenient to buy water there.
Negative:
Absence of WiFi. As I planned to work a bit on vacation I deliberately took my PC with me and booked Akis as it stated availability of internet. However Akis Studios had no WiFi, so my PC was of no use. When I asked if it could be fixed in the nearest future, the answer was that they tried but something does not work anyhow. They did not have WiFi for already 4-5 weeks before I arrived, but no one has informed us before arrival. The owner said that it should not be an issue as all tavernas have it. But as you might have guessed u have to order something to use their WiFi.
I suggest checking if the internet is available before booking Akis Studios if it is an issue for u.
Noise:
Akis Studios is located in the side streets of Parga and is a quiet place. But the family of the studio owner leaves in one of the apartments and usually after 21-22 they had family meetings at the terrace and were relatively noisy. It was not only me, but other guests who were also a bit irritated by this. As I went for vacation with my Mom we were in the room after 22 and expected it to be more quiet. I guess the same expectations had visitors with children.

Rather than that we had a nice vacation in Parga!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anna R
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful holiday, stayed 30th august till 6th september. I must say the Akis studios are one of the nicest and cleanest apartments we have ever stayed in, having visisted many greek islands. They are situated only a 5 minute walk from Parga town and beach which is ideal, we stayed in room 12 on the top floor and even had a partial view of the sea. We were made to feel most welcome while we were here, lovely greek hospitality. Akis and his mother and father take great pride in their apartments and pool area, and it shows. These apartments also have private parking for residents, although we didn;t hire a car this time, we would next time and explore a little more. Would we return? YES! Would we recommend? YES! Thank you very much, keep up the good work !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vanya w
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Akis studios are in a quiet road off the main road into Parga. The walk to the beach is about 10 minutes along the busy road which we did not enjoy. The studios are comfortable. Air conditioning and safe are available at an additonal cost. The kitchen area is small, no table, 2 hobs (with a saucepan and frying pan) for cooking, limited cutlery, crockery including mugs & a tiny chopping board. The whole place is kept spotlessly clean by two hard working cleaners who deserve a medal in the punishing heat. The pool did not open until 10am and was closed, on the dot, at 7pm. Children are not allowed lilos although rings seemed to be acceptable. The family sit under a canopy keeping an eye on the apartments and the pool throughout the day and evening. The bar is run by Akis or his mother during the day but was only open late in the evening occasionally. The prices in the bar seemed fair, they did not have any snacks to buy other than ice creams.There are some excellent tavernas within a five minute walk from the studios including Dokos (which is at the bottom of the raod) and 5 Senses. The is a choice of 3 small supermarkets within a 5 minute walk, one of which will deliver groceries free of charge. I would return to Parga but am unlikely to return to Akis studios.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple