“Hotel on a beautiful location”
Review of Hotel Achilleas

and 1 more site!
Hotel Achilleas
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Parga
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Achilleas hotel is a small family owned hotel.It has 23 rooms and is located on a beautiful spot just above psio krioneir beach. We stayed here for 14 days. The rooms are nice and clean. The quality of the beds was the only thing we had some problems with. The breakfast was ok for Greek standards even good. The service is very friendly. Breakfast on the teracce is a very good start of the day.
So we had a very pleasant hoiliday. There is wifi. Parga is nice town with a lot of good restaurants and in the surrouding is lot to see especially when you rent a car.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kruijffjesNV

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have recently spent a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday at this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the hotel very clean and comfortable, and ideally situated on a beach and very close to the center of Parga. The lovely breakfast can be taken on a terrace overlooking the beach. The views from the hotel are stunning, and the beach is of tiny pebbles, with clear warm water. Up some steps to the right of the hotel is a cafe-bar, ideal for lunch, with more attractive views. On an excursion to Meteora, an early start meant I would miss breakfast, but the evening receptionist prepared a great breakfast for me the night before and left it in my fridge. I shall very much like to return to this charming hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Ron L
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I came to Parga for our (belated) honeymoon and had a lovely experience staying at the Achilleas Hotel. When we got to our room the hotel had left a carafe of local wine for us and flowers which they renewed after our first week - a lovely touch. We had a room on the first floor with a sea view which was lovely. The breakfast was really nice, although you had to get up very early to make it to breakfast in time to get some brown bread as they seemed to run out of this rather quickly!
Other minor negatives - the hot water seemed to run out at about 7PM when the hotel was busy; not sure the hotel could do a lot about this but I'd recommend getting back from the beach a little earlier to ensure you have enough water for a nice shower. Also - Atrium Bar is lovely but when we were there the menu was a bit limited but could have been because it was low season.
One the whole though we had a fantastic time. The staff at the hotel were all really friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. I would definitely stay at the Achilleas hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor with a sea view. When the hotel is busy the hot water can run o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank noodldoodlz
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I know there will always be someone unhappy with a Hotel. I have never had cause to complain before on holiday but in this hotel there is a high chance you will be disappointed with your room so please read on. This hotel has a lovely location.It is right on the beach and just outside of busy Parga Town. It is clean and staff are nice. Breakfast is good for continental style. However the location of rooms in this hotel vary from amazing to extremely disappointing. This also has nothing to do with price paid! My husband and I love Greece, go every year and are used to basic Greek accomadation. We had a room which was on the 2nd floor. It is described as 'cosy chalet style'. The room was dark with low beams, bathroom nice but the balcony was like a look out post. It was completely boxed in, quite oppressive, dark all day the sun never able to get in. It had a wall in front which meant you had to stand up to see the sea view. It would have served well as a look out post for an invasion! Most people enjoy the balcony on holiday and we spend a lot of time on it, this was not a space that you wanted to stay in. We were deeply disappointed and would not like this to happen to anyone else. We tried to change on next change over but were not able to as 'the owner would have to change his rota for weeks ahead'. This room was number 41 but 42 was even worse. These rooms are sold at sea view prices. If you are booked in the Achilleas check this out. There are some amazing rooms with lovely balconies and I am sure if we had had one of these we would be writing a glowing report. However I dont feel it should be such a lottery, we all save hard and holidays are precious. Customers should know exactly what they are getting. Watch out for any of the rooms that are on the added top floor!! There are also rooms that dont have a balcony only a terrace that looks into the hotel reception!! Parga is lovely and the location is great, but check out the room!! 28/29/30/31/32 are all lovely. Good luck . If we were to revisit Parga we would book into the Alfa just down the road.

Room Tip: only have the rooms with sea view on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank GABRIEL50
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Hotel Achilleas is lovely hotel located on the Piso Krioneri beach, and just few minutes away from the center. We had room with see view so we really enjoyed sitting on balcony, listening to the waves, drinking vine... Very romantic, quiet hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LittleSmurf
Reviewed August 24, 2010

+ Location!!!
+ Piso Krioneri Beach (great snorkeling)
+ friendly service
+ nice breakfast
+ The Atrium Bar is a MUST!! (fantastic drinks, great view, lovely music.)

- noisy (at least room nr 14 was) You could hear water running from upper floors and the noise from the breakfast area was a rude awaikening at 7.00. Fighting cats running around at night and making your ears hurt. And we're no light sleepers!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Nina79
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at the Achilleas for 3 nights in July and truly enjoyed our stay! Andrianos welcomed us and was on hand for anything we needed. It is his family's hotel and if you look at the family pictures hanging on the wall, you will see it's been a source of joy and genuine hospitality for years!
The hotel is nothing fancy as far as the rooms go. The beds are basic and the shower got on my nerves, as I couldn't keep the curtain closed, causing the bathroom floor to get pretty wet when I showered. But really, that is my only complaint. The real beauty and charm of the hotel lies in its breakfast terrace, the atrium bar with amazing views and the beach of Piso Krioneri which is at your doorstep. There was also a nice library where previous guests have left books and you can exchange yours for theirs for some nice beach reading material. Each room has a small refrigerator and I was thankful for the bottled water they replenished every day and only charge 70 cents for! The fridge also had wine for sure and I think maybe some beer and Cokes.
We enjoyed a drink and sandwhich at the Atrium Bar, which attracts people from all over Parga, but was never too crowded. The views from the bar were so beautiful! You could look down on the beach and at the rugged coastline of Epirus. There was a nice breakfast buffet and you could eat in the breakfast room, but most people took their trays out to the terrace with its lovely view of the beach in the back of the hotel. The beach itself was very nice, but small. The water was nice and a bunch of local kids entertained us by jumping off the rocks. The beach does get pretty crowded in high season! But, we went in the late afternoon as everyone was packing it in...around 3:00 and it was all good. Even when we went earlier, we were able to get beach chairs and an umbrella...cost, 8 Euros total.
The hotel is hard to find if you're using a map...I found it by luck! Just drive down to the waterfront and turn left...it will be on your right. It used to be yellow, but it now a beautiful red! There is very limited parking...maybe 5 or 6 spots? The first day I had to park down the street, but when everyone went out on excursions the next day, I moved my car to the front of the hotel! :-) There is also a pay parking lot not too far from the hotel.
The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the town, but close enough to easily walk into town each evening or to swim at the beaches. A hike up to the castle in town is not to be missed - the views are amazing! There are several excursions from Parga that are worthwhile and Andrianos or another staff member at the hotel can advise you!
All in all, a wonderful stay! Would definitely recommed this hotel to friends - unless you're looking for a lush, category 5 hotel, you will love it here!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family