“"YOU WILL EAT IT AND YOU WILL PAY!"”

restaurant romantica
Ranked #42 of 125 Restaurants in Parga
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Good restaurant in Parga, Greece, with panoramic views over Valtos beach - people may actually be put off by the view and expect it to be expensive, but it is not.
Vanersborg, Sweden
“"YOU WILL EAT IT AND YOU WILL PAY!"”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is the most horrible restaurant I've ever been to in my whole life, and I have been to many. I'm usually not cruel when writing reviews here and always try to find something positive about most places, but this restaurant has NOTHING positive to offer. I can't believe that some people actually give it 5 out of 5 here, unbelievable!

When we got there the waiter didn't notice us standing waiting after looking at the menu, we had to give ourselves seats. I ordered the souvlaki and my husband the moussaka. After getting the food we tried it. First it didn't seem like anything was wrong with it, except that we could have made the same food at home, or even better. The souvlaki was absolutely tasteless, but edible. After a while my husband noticed that the moussaka was cold inside, and lost his appetite. He told the waiter that his moussaka was cold. The waiter took the moussaka and ran into the kitchen with it. The waiter returned and explained that the moussaka was made early in the day and then warmed up. My husband said that he expected it to be cooked when he ordered it, as is done in most other restaurants and said that he didn't want it anymore and that he didn't want to pay for it. Now the waiter got really mad, raised his voice and shouted "YOU WILL EAT IT AND YOU WILL PAY!". He brought the moussaka back and put it in front of my husband who refused to eat it. He never apologized, never asked if my husband wanted something else to eat which I think is customary. I finished very quickly and we left very soon, leaving not even a penny for tip. We shouldn't have left money for the moussaka either, but we did. Also this restaurant doesn't give you anything extra when you pay - most restaurants in Parga do, a small drink or dessert.

There is NOTHING good about this place. Most of the food they serve is frozen (even says so in the menu). It was one of the most expensive restaurants in Parga, even though it served the same food as most restaurants and tavernas and the waiter we met was terribly rude. He was the only waiter there that night, and they were probably understaffed, but we saw the manager inside sitting on a barchair doing nothing. If his waiter is so stressed out that he starts to yell at customers he might be able to help him out? However, even how stressed you are, you are not supposed to yell on guests. My husband was never even rude, he only questioned the cold moussaka that he didn't want warm from the microwave.

I truly regret going to Romantica, it was one of our first restaurantvisits in Parga and what a start! I wish I would have checked Tripadvisor first, reading about the other bad reviews, even if I don't find them harsh enough, I would seriosly give this restaurant 0 if it was at all possible. There are so many better restaurants in Parga!

To sum up there are only negative things about this restaurant:
- Tasteless food, low quality products
- Rude staff
- Expensive (especially considering the food they serve)
- No "extra" drink or dessert when paying the bill

And remember if you go - you have been warned!

1 Thank lothloria

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Espoo
“Horrible food in a nice setting”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The location of the Romantica restaurant is excellent, with nice views over the Valtos beach. The food on the other hand was a true disappointment. The souvlaki did not have any spices and did not taste like traditional souvlaki should taste. The king prawns were served with lots of potatoes, and did not have any taste either. When we complained about the taste of the food, we were offered peppar or tabasco. This was also the most expensive restaurant in Parga we visited during our one week stay. No extras were offered (ouzo, dessert etc.) like other restaurants did.

1 Thank Ina000
Isle Of Wight
“Excellent Views”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Having heard very good recommendations from fellow holiday-makers, we decided that we should make the effort and pay it a visit. We were so glad we did.

It's located at the top of Parga, near the castle. If walking up there is a bit too much like hardwork, a Taxi will drop you at the door. The restaurant has wonderful views over Valtos Beach. Sip a glass of wine and watch the sun go down behind Ali Pasha Castle.

The staff make you feel very welcome, without being over-the-top. There is an excellent choice of food and it is cooked and presented beautifully.

Alkmaar, The Netherlands
“this restaurant suits its name!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Beautiful located with sea view. traditional greek food served by the most frienly greek called thomas. Don' miss this restaurant in Parga.

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing views, wonderful food, lovely staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We ate at the Romantica on several occasions during our stay in Parga. The food was excellent with a good choice of meat, fish and vegetarian options on the menu. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our young daughter (aged 3 1/2), was made most welcome. They also provided a booster seat for her, which made life a lot easier. Thomas the waiter was lovely, and nothing was too much trouble for him.
The views from this restaurant are beautiful, - however as another reviewer stated you do not get charged extra at the Romantica for such a privilege.
We hope to return one day.

• Visited May 2012