“Still a favourite in Parga”
Review of Zorbas Restaurant

Zorbas Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 125 Restaurants in Parga
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Parga, Greece
“Still a favourite in Parga”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had lunch here which was lovely. Great location, always a breeze as it is on the corner and much welcomed. Great friendly staff, superb salad, and one of the cheapest draught beers in Parga. We tried to eat dinner here one night but as it was the Greek bank holiday weekend it was really busy so we went somewhere else. A good consistent Parga restaurant for us when visiting.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Some of the best Greek food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

As Zorbas is near the town beach we often ate lunch here. The Romantic Beetroot Salad was amazing but so were the Stuffed Mushrooms, Briam and potatoes in the oven. The staff provided an excellent service and made us feel part of the family.

Visited June 2013
Yorkshire
“Good Location - Bland Food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited here with some friends who said it was very good. The staff were very nice and it's in a good location but the food is bland. How can a Greek salad be tasteless? I ordered chicken in some sort of sauce which resembled 'Chicken Tonight'. The others said their food was ok but why have ok when there are so many fantastic restaurants in Parga.

1 Thank pargaluvva
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Wow wow wow”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This busy restaurant is situated on a corner plot on the waterfront giving a lovely view of the harbour and church. With traditional music playing and a wonderful selection of traditional dishes this place has truly stood out as valve for money a wonderful flavour the staff were attentive and meal is by far the best we have had in Parga we will be sure to return and it is evident they many customers do.

Bucharest, Romania
“One time here, always here !”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Beeing for the second time in Parga, we return to eat to Zorbas , 'cause we were very impressed by the food cooked here in our first and only one night meal, during June 2012. After a few others unremarkable tries at others more better ranged restaurants in Parga, we've definatelly decided that Zorbas is the best place to eat in Greece. We are speaking about Greek tavernas serving authenthic greek food, not overpriced a la carte restaurants.
I was surprised to see that Zorbas is not so well ranked like his " neighbour" Bacchos and I don't understand why, but anyway my review is not from a customer who was here once and " enjoy a Greek salad and a coffee " or " ate here once and tried the gyros plate, so you couldn't failled". I subscribe to those written by the " regular visitor" , 'cause we were regular visitors for about 8 days and we had here about 12 meals. So, I decided I could write my first time a review about a restaurant, because I really know it.
First of all, you'll be surprised of how many dishes are in the menu. I didn't count, but I'm sure there are more then 100 dishes: warm appetizers, cold appetizers, cheeses, salads, soups, oven-cooked dishes, vegetables main dishes, traditional greek mains, grills, special Zorbas plates, sea-food and fresh fish, pasta and pizzas. Every section has at least 10 dishes. I will not speek now about the Greek food, but for every customer familliar with the Greek food, I may declare that here is the best mousaka and the best stifado I ever eat in Greece. Here I've discovered new dishes for me, like cheese Bougouiardi, Papoutsakia or lamb Youvetsaki, or risotto with sea food ( the greek version of paella). I also remember the mmm... taste of fish-spade or lamb souvlaki. The salads are gorgeous, no matter if you order the well-known Greek-salads or you will try something new, like '' top of the mountain'' which was so tasty and enourmous.
By the way, the portions are not only very tasty, but also they are big, so be starved if you intend to order one starter and one main.
The owner, Nikos, has 17 employers, many of them working here for more then 7 years. They all says they are having a good life here and all are very kind and smiling. This tells a lot about an owner who manage to develop a bussiness not only for his familly, but to offer safe jobs for some others famillies. I didn't met her, but I know from Matoula and Stavroula and Nikos the "Gavros" that the owner"s wife is cooking every day dishes like mousaka and papoutsakia, or others stuffed vegetables and also she made the cake of the day which is offered from the house. Of course, the owner is almost always there to make sure the clients are treated in the best way possible. They all are nice persons, and every time we were there we've felt that we were expected like coming to a special day familly treat.
Because there are at least 5 peoples in the kitchen, even the menu is so diverse and even when all the 42 tables are taken ( around 1 pm and 8 pm ), the serving is quick and the qualitty of the food is always best.
Eating there every day, I noticed at the ending of my journay that there a lot of regular customers like us. So, if I convinced you, just give it a try to Zorbas and I'm sure you will become a regular customer. One tip: try to order something new , not only the well-known Greek dishes, just ask ,for example Matoula, for your favourite kind of dish ( fish or lamb, or oven plates, or whatever you like most). By the way, if you are a fish eater, ask Nikos the " Gavros" (: - is fan of Olympiakos- what is the fish of the day. His uncle is fisherman and also Nikos fishes out of seazon, so the fresh fish delivery to the restaurant is solved.

1 Thank Cristinaki