“good location”
Review of Astra Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Parga
Astra Apartments
Ranked #72 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Parga
Novi Sad, Serbia
“good location”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have been to Parga, villa Astra (room no.5). The room was basic, average size. The kitchen is separated and has all you need. The cooker doesn't have power to warm water, you must wait very long time. The toilet was without window (other room has it) and no curtain in the bathtub. We had always warm water for to shower. In room exist hairdryer. The room was cleaned every two days, sheets and towels was changed twice for 10 days. The balcony was nice, but "on the street". During nights there were some motorbikes on street - that was very noisy and impossible to sleeping. Take care - don't stay anything on the balcony during nights (someone stole our towel)! Wi-fi doesn't work in room - signal was very low and we couldn't use skipe or anything else on internet.
By the way, owners are Jehovah's witnesses and in the basement of house they have meetings twice by week.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Aurora N

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at The Astra last September for two weeks, & found it a most excellent base. The room was quite large, very clean, had a lovely balcony that was nicely secluded, a kitchen that had everything I required, a small but functional toilet/shower, plenty of storage space & a comfortable bed. The room was cleaned every day & the sheets & towels changed every (if I remember rightly) four days. It is ideally positioned to stroll down into the main harbour area, or up to the village & the castle. Although right on the corner of road, it was not a main road & was not busy or noisy. There are only five apartments on the ground floor, the family who own the building living upstairs, so there was not much coming & going to disturb you, &, in fact, I met some lovely folk also staying there. I liked it so much, that when I returned to Parga in May this year, I once again stayed at The Astra, & if I visit again, I will happily stay for a third time. It is ideal for single travellers or couples & I can thoroughly recommend The Astra.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Keithcelt
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Astra is 2 minutes walk from the main parts of the town. The rooms are basic, but very clean. Everything you need and nothing you don't need. I stayed in room 5 which had a little balcony above the street perfect for watching the world go by.

Room Tip: Room 5 is the one on the photos
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank andyrovers
Parga, Greece
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed in room 4 17th June for a week. Picked the Astra purely on location.

Good:-
Location obviously - in the centre of Parga, 2 minutes from everything.
Left to your own devices no hassle from rep or owners but they live upstairs if you need them.
Nice big balconies, comfy chairs, comfy beds.
Free safety deposit box, AC 35 euros which is average.
Didn't use much of the SC facilities but had an ice compartment and ice cube tray and a corkscrew!!! (wish I had known as I took my own ice cube tray and corkscrew).
They provide a hairdryer (again wish I'd have known save me taking mine)

Not so good:-
As per the previous review the bathroom drain was a bit smelly but I just kept the door shut at night and the window wide open.
Basic Greek bathroom. What was expected but some apartments now do have a hook you can put the shower on rather than hand held.
Fridge was ok but would be condemned in the UK as would the sandwich toaster which I never used.
Very noisy due to central location, talking to the couple on the next balcony we had to keep stopping every time a moped or van went past (every 30 seconds) due to the level of noise.

Overall - great for walking into town, comfy average basic studio, would stay again but if I went back with my boyfriend I'd look at somewhere a bit more upmarket.

Tip - walk up the hill into town and past the Olive Oil Factory not the main road, much nicer.

Room Tip: Room 4 has the best balcony in my opinion overlooking the green trees at the back of the property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nanoushka
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2012

For my second stay at The Astra, I requested studio number 4, as it had been recommended to me as the quietest studio.
Unfortunately, this was not the case. There was a bit more privacy than number one, where I had stayed on a previous visit however.
The only problem I experienced was a strong smell of damp eminating from the shower/toilet. Especially after the toilet had been used.
Initially this wasn`t a problem as I was staying with a girlfriend in The Gogozotas Residence nearby. However near the end of the week, when I was there all the time, it was very noticable. To be fair, when I reported it to the Thomas Cook rep, the owner immediately came round & cleaned out the drains. The smell did not go away entirely though, & I could still detect it after flushing the loo.
The Astra is still a great , centrally located place to stay in & I will still recommend it. But, now I know which studio IS the quietest, I`m keeping it to myself!

Room Tip: No, because I may miss out on it next time I book!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Brett M
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Just returned from an October holiday to Parga and stayed in Astra with my boyfriend. Astra is 3 mins from the sea front, 10 from the castle and 15 from Voltos. It consists of 5 appartments which are on the ground floor other than 4 steps from the road.

CLEANLINESS
What struck me first was the cleanliness of the place, another couple we met had been going for years and said the same cleaner has been cleaning for 15 years and has always been brilliant and thorough. She comes around 11 everyday, cleans, replaces towels and bedding and left the place spotless.

KITCHEN
The kitchen was basic, 2 hobs and a grill. However it had every utensil and pan I needed to make some good meals. The grill was great for making toast (I preferred it to a toaster) and grill vegetables on.

BEDROOM
There is no sitting space other than the bed, but it was very comfy. Amazing amount of storage, plenty of hangers and endless drawer space.
The bed was 2 single beds pushed together. As it was October it was chilly at night and the 2 blankets some times weren't enough. It had a sheet on so for summer months it would still be warm.

BALCONY
A lovely balcony- but I think ours was the best, it was at the back over looking olive and lime trees and you could see the road (but it wasn't noisy) and Green's Bakery (more later) from it.
The balcony had 2 very comfy chairs, a table, ash try and drying rail. Our rail only had 2 pegs (the other balcony had about 20) so do bring pegs.

BATHROOM
Again, nice and clean. Big downside is the shower- it is really just a drainage area with a shower attachment, but no holder for it. This leads to lots of undignified squatting and a wet bathroom. You get used to it though.

LOCATION
Outstanding!! As I said close to sea, castle and Voltos. The road was close but no bother at all.
We found the beach immediately with no problems. The wonderful Green's Bakery is a stones throw away which has break, pies, pastry and sweets and was a real highlight.
Shops are close, a mini market and super market 2-5 mins away. There are bars close too, but the best are on the sea from.

OVERALL
All in all I would very much recommend Astra if you want somewhere basic but well set up for holiday makers. It's not luxury, but when you have the beauty of Parga 5mins away you needn't spend much time in it.

• Stayed October 2011
7 Thank jen36s
London
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Me and my fiance booked at the Astra as the location was so good. Valtos beach, the town and harbour are all a short walking distance. We stayed in the room where the balcony over looks the road / passage which leads down to the Green bakery. It was very good for people watching, and we enjoyed having drinks out there while listening to the hustle and bustle of the town. The balcony isn't very private - you are about head height to people walking to and from the beach. Also be cautious about hanging your beach towels from the balcony - one of our towels went missing over night. The noise from outside wasn't a problem when the window/door to the balcony was closed, and never had any problem sleeping. The room itself was a lot smaller than I anticipated. The wardrobe didn't have doors on as it was so close to the bed, and we didn't have as much storage as we would have liked. The kitchen wasn't well stocked but as we eat out every night we didn't need to use it anyway. There were also a couple of very old and questionable looking appliances that I wouldn't of fancied my chances using! Overall the Astra was fine, and the location was great, but for the money I spent I was dissapointed with how small and basic it was.

On another note - I have to reccommend the restuarant Sakis. Great food, generous servings, fantastic staff and really good value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple