“Lovely, clean apartments.”
Review of Elena Hotel

Elena Hotel
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Parga
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We had a ground floor/basement room (only partially in the basement!) which was great for drawing a cool breeze through so we did not require air conditioning. Safety deposit boxes are in the wardrobes and were reasonably priced (we paid €20 for two weeks). Fresh towels were provided every day and there were only 2 days out of our 14 day stay where we weren't cleaned, most likely the cleaning staffs day off. The pool area was exceptionally clean and has a segregated children's pool off the main one. Sun beds were plentiful however we did holiday at the start of the season and staff were friendly, especially the bar girl/receptionist Catherine who is from a near by town but is a massive Dr Who fan! The only negative I have is the lack of food available at the resort (pizza or toasties) so we found ourselves leaving the apartments for most of the day, however there are nearby restaurants open during the day to eat at. My favourite surprise was the presence of retractable bug screens on all doors and windows which was fab to keep those pesky mozzies at bay! Overall I would recommend this resort as it is exceptionally clean with friendly staff and a nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Helen S

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I read the reviews about Parga and this hotel - and have to say - it is every bit as beautiful as I expected. We are in a tiny piece of paradise tucked away from everything and everyone in North west Greece. Food is gorgeous, people friendly, scenery stunning. It really does feel a million miles away from the modern world! Ideal for older couples!

Room Tip: There are no lifts so avoid the higher floors if you are unsteady on your feet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed May 21, 2014

These apartments are immaculate lovely family run establishment can't be faulted in any way down side air com quite expensive around 5 euros a night which seems to be fair standard in Greece two pools both perfect with beautiful views over Parga asked if wi-fi available and said no sorry however at little bar chap constantly on laptop so bit of a shame as to keep in contact with kids basically meant leaving bar and them losing trade as went down to town as all bars and restaurants had free Zorba's fab place to eat and family run nothing to much trouble it is such a beautiful little win totally unspoiled on down side apartments were up very long and winding road not great if carrying provisions we did for one say then hired moped quite an adventure and gives great freedom and lots parking right outside our apartment door on the whole highly recommend apartments and a moped :-)

Room Tip: All rooms lovely quite spacious we were on ground floor so did not really see facilities upstairs li...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KimRebeccaAbbie
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Immaculate and quiet anybody with OCD will be pleased with the apartments they are an ideal base to explore Parga and the pool area is clean with plenty of beds as most people spend little time around the pool. The pool is cleaned every night and although the pool bar is open till around 12 the music is more background as people just usually drop in for a nightcap on their return from an evening out.

The apartments are around a 10 -15 min walk from the main resort area however there are some excellent taverns on the way down to the town the 5 senses,the yannis fantastic meals (use the road which is sign posted "shortcut to beach" rather than the main road. A definite is a trip to Lichonos Beach on a water taxi for a day lovely beach

Demitris who looks after the complex and is the barman is a fantastic guy, he could not do enough for every guest, making sure everything was ok, a very approachable guy, who communicates with everybody well, always has a smile on his face, greeting them on arrival no matter what time they arrive, and there to wish you well when leaving on your return journey,
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Elena Hotel to anybody,

Room Tip: stayed in room 323 view of the sea & mountains, quiet pool view aswell
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Colin J
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Immaculate and quiet - I tried to book with Olympic but they had no rooms available so rang direct, they were very helpful and friendly they didn't even require deposit or money upfront, insisting that I not worry until here :)

I am a little OCD so I was delighted that the hotel was immaculate everything was spotless, u truely could eat your dinner from the floor, the linen & towels are changed every two days which is clean and crisp white :)

Also it is very safe, I am staying here in a room overlooking the pool with beautiful views (room 224) and I am on my own and feel very safe and secure.

This is a very quiet establishment so expect to do your partying in the tavernas not in the hotel.

I will definitely be back :)

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank samgamble12
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have also stayed at the Elena 3 times. Always made welcome by Kostas. The cleaner who has left is Irena. One year she crocheted table mats for my sister and myself as she noticed I had a crocheted beach bag. She was a lovely person always happy and bubbly.She used to tell us about her family which added to the holiday. We like family run places and this was close to it chatting with the cleaners on their lunch break. The cleaners work so hard which maintains the high standard of cleanliness. This year we could not manage to get booked in on our required dates so stayed elsewhere but did call up to see our old friends. We didn't however see Irena even though we were told where she now works. Another holiday maker told me that Stavros manages The Utopia now.

It will depend on the price next time whether or not we stay there. It is exceptionally clean but if the camaraderie is missing it might not be worth the extra money. I will keep an eye on the reviews .

Room Tip: we always find the higher floors are better. we haven't as yet stayed in an attic room but would...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sandie18
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My second time at these apartments and not disapointed, we were given an atic room at first but due to ill health I asked if we could be moved, it was no problem at all, we were given a low floor apartment, and yes people's sunbeds are close to your balcony but who goes on holiday to sit on a lower floor balcony? And if it concerns you that much you make sure you get up and put a towel on a sunbed and pull it up to your balcony. Can't see the problem myself. The only down side to these apartments is there is no atmosphere around the pool bar area, the bar man this year struggled to comunicate and its closes up at 3 which I am told its because people are sleeping? If people are sunbathing and they want a drink or kids want an ice cream they can't. I think the bar should stay open, they could turn the music down. And the bar closes at midnight not 1am like someone said. If you want a nice quiet clean friendly apartment then this is the place to go! I hope to return next year :)

• Stayed: September 2013