“Good food, but over priced. Get the spaghetti algio e olio!”

Bella Napoli Tratoria Italian
Ranked #30 of 60 Restaurants in Symi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This restaurant was located down one of Symi's beautiful alleys off the harbour. It looked very authentic, busy and picturesque. We decided to sit outside on one of the many tables. There was a beautiful pizza oven and the smells given off were lovely.

Looking at the menu, the prices were a little higher than we expected for what was essentially a simple Italian restaurant. The choice of food was quite extensive, with several vegetarian options.

We ordered a carafe of red wine which was local - it was chilled (as they tend to be), and tasted nice. We ordered a shared bread starter, which took quite some time to be bought to us.

Mains were brought out quite soon after finishing the starter. I had ordered the spaghetti aglio olio e pepperoncino which I have had in a few places. It is a simple dish that usually comes out with a few pieces of cut garlic, a sprinkle of chilli flakes and oil - this however came out with practically a whole bulb of roasted garlic, and a nice amount of spice. It was probably the best I've tasted!! The pasta was cooked well, with a bite to it. My partner had pesto which was also tasty.

The staff were not very attentive and it took a while to get their attention, but overall we had a pleasant meal.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Ate here twice, and both times had a very nice, traditional wood fired pizza. A little pricy, but they can feed two (with an appetizer to share as well). They compared favourably to the pizzas I had in Sicily years ago. I did not try the desserts or the appetizers - just the delicious pizzas for me.

2  Thank chrisb1976
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A lovely restaurant with amazing Italian food. The puttensca pasta was a bit hit with my mother and the pizzas were also fabulous!! Very reasonably priced!!

1  Thank Val B
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Bells Napoli has extensive menu of pasta, pizza, meat, fish and vegetarian. I had porcini risotto & other half had a steak with Madeira sauce.
The portions are HUGE, and we had a free creme brûlée. The service was good. However, with drinks ( 2 orange juice , 1 glass of red wine, 1 beer , 1 coffee) & 2 main courses came to about 65 Euros. Mamma Mia! Not everyone in Symi has a super yacht. Expensive for us.

1  Thank BigFatBudgie
Reviewed September 13, 2012

20 euros for an undercooked pizza it's a rip off... We came from Rhodes on a day trip and decided to give it a try. Wrong! There are others Pizza place for next time.

2  Thank Vasilis7848