“Mama mia!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

O Core e Mamma
Ranked #498 of 1,290 Restaurants in Rhodes
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bilbao, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mama mia!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was introduced to the magnificent pizza of Mr. Paco's back in 2008, when i was living in Rhodes. The first time I’ve even been was with a capricious friend, whose taste leaned to perfection and to be frank that was what i found! I have visited many pizzerias (Spain, Greece, even Italy) since I left Rhodes, but I could not find one that would satisfy my taste.

Me and plenty of my friends have been visiting this place ever since. You won't find a fancy decoration, if that is what you are looking for. The place is modest but at the same time it is cozy. The staff, (aka Thanasis, Mrs Despoina and Mr. Paco) is rather welcoming and polite! However, do not intend to change the ingredients of the plates, as it will not be appreciated by the Cook.

Concerning the dough; in the center is rather thin, while in the borders indeed it goes a bit thicker. In no case I would tag it as "too much dough", the quantity is proper. The ingredients used (mushrooms, tomato, prosciutto aka jamon, peper etc) are only the best quality. You could rely on the freshness of the dough and the other ingredients. The dough is prepared the previous day and in case it is not used it is thrown away.

I have never tasted the pasta of other plates, rather than the pizza, so I do not have a personal opinion. Nevertheless, according to my friends the pasta as well as the first plates are as tasty as the pizza. The deserts are homemade and prepared by the wife of Mr Paco, Mrs Despoina and I honestly should say that they will rock your world. My favorite one is the Lemon Pie, but you can have tiramisu, panacota, among other deserts. Everything is served nicely.

In a hazelnut I should say that O Core 'e Mamma is a traditional, family restaurant, with excellent service and nice atmosphere. Enjoy your dinner in a summer night in the small yard or during winter indoors.

The address is the following: Saint Lavras 14-16 (in proximity to the University of Aegean)
15€ aprx. per person

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Stella G

• Greek first
Milan, Italy
“the most sad place to have a pizza.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

As Italian living in Rhodes I have been going to this place for quite sometime in these years.
As client and for what I hear from other people that go to this place, I feel that I should put down a few comments. The pizza is ok if you like the thick dough, which of course it si more difficult to be digested. I personally like only the thin one, but when you don't have many choices..... So everytime I have to mention to make is as thin as possible. Of course with a clear expression of disagreement from the side of the owner's wife. And this is the point that I want to put down. Unfortunately both owner (the pizza man) and his wife (at the tables) never smile, never have a friendly attitude towards the clients, never please the customer with sympathy.... They are always with a sullen expression on their face. It always looks that they are very sulky with everyone.. The only good thing is that they have a wood oven which gives to the pizza a different fragrance

• Visited April 2013