“Not very good meal for rhodes town. Waiters didnt seem to care.”
Review of Vasilis Restaurant

Vasilis Restaurant
Ranked #290 of 1,400 Restaurants in Rhodes
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Restaurant looked good so thought we would try. Meal was poor, toilets were dirty and all the waiters seem like they were terrified of the obvious owner dressed in his scruffy jeans at a table nearby. I get the impression that whilst most couples will be on holiday that they dont have to sell a good meal because the next flight is full of fresh prey. Shame because rhodes town has so many hard working restaurants trying to do the opposite.

There are newer reviews for Vasilis Restaurant

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We went here as a party of 4 adults and a 4 year old. We'd walked past this restaurant a few times and it looked lovely from the street, so we decided to have a meal here towards the end of our holiday. The setting of the restaurant was pretty - water feature was lovely but really that's where the postives stop.
The waiter who took our food order was very impatient - tapping his order pad against his leg and then breaking into a conversation with someone else in Greek whilst we were trying to order our meals. We waited quite a while for our starters which was ok - but waited even longer for our mains. The food was at best mediocre - we had a range of fish & meat between us. The meat was bland and quite dry, and the "fresh" fish was poor for the price we paid (over €30!). We asked for a bottle of 'house' rose wine, which again cost over €30 and wasn't of a good quality.
We asked for the bill as soon as we'd finished our main courses (about 2 hours after ordering) which came to a total of €140 - by far the most expensive meal we'd had.
I then took my daughter to the toilet whilst the other members of the party went out to the street to wait for us. When we came out of the toilet, I was appauled to see the waiters standing around our table, gesturing to where we had sat and laughing, and the owner slapping each of them on the backs, obviously laughing at the fact that they'd got a lot of money out of our party from food that wasn't fresh and very overpriced. When they realised that we hadn't left and had come out of the toilet, they suddenly became very sombre and quickly cleared the table and left to go inside. I was shocked to see such a terrible attitude from the staff - and am only writing this review to WARN people to be very careful when considering to eat here. I usually only write reviews that are positive, but felt very strongly that a review was necessary after our experience. This place could be so lovely with the right attitude and better quality food.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This restaurant is very deceptive, looks very inviting at first sight but that is where it ends. We ate here on our last night of a two week holiday and it was the worst meal we had during our stay in Rhodes. The service was curt and very slow it took 1 hour and 15 minutes from ordering our food to receiving our starters, which quite honestly were poor. My husband was advised to try their catch of the day and was told they would bring the fish to the table so that he could choose his and they would cook it on the grill outside by our seats, we never saw a fish untill it was presented with the other meals already filleted and on his plate which also cost 35euros! a little steep! I had the veal fillet which was like chewing an old boot with no sauce I was told they had run out of the Masala sauce I had ordered so I had lemon and oil instead. My daughter had a fillet of chicken which was very dry and the cheese burger we ordered was filled with feta and the meat tasteless. This is my first poor review and believe me it is well deserved. The meal was expensive and the wine at 32 euros poor.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We passed here and the waiter was not Pestering us, just quietly suggesting. The garden setting is peaceful and lovely. A few flies, but that is not their fault!

We had pita and delicious humous. Really good. Then tuna salad and amazing perfectly cooked cuttlefish- you could have it with or without ink and I decided on ink sack in. Lovely.

Friendly unpressured service throughout from real and nice staff- not false and rushed. We felt welcomed into a relaxed family event.

1  Thank Formaggio_Capriciosa
Reviewed August 27, 2011

On a ten-day trip we had 4 times (!!!) dinner at Vasilis restaurant. At first it seems a bit hard to find (it's not in one of the mainstreets or regular restaurant squares), but once you found it, it's great! The atmosphere is magic, it's like you're having dinner in a peacefull, forgotten garden in the centre of the old town of Rhodes City. Service is perfect and the staff is always nice and friendly. Always a warm welcome and no pushy staff to sell you the more 'expansive' dinners or drinks. The food is wondefull... The lamb-souvlaki is my favourite, for sure! Swordfish and other fish is also perfect. Don't leave Rhodes City wihout going to Vasilis!

2  Thank IngeborgSpandaw