International Hotel
$71
$78
  • Pool
Cleopatra Classic Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$69
$50
$79
$93
  • Breakfast included
Astron Hotel(Kos Town)(Great Value!)
$44
$38
Agoda.com
$95
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Cleopatra Superior Hotel(Kardamena)(Great Value!)
$23
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstown centrepriced hotelfamily run hotelbalconykoseuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Basic hotel in a good location. Lovely pool area. If you are looking for a cheap holiday to kos this hotel would be ok

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank michhardi
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and myself along with our daughter and her boyfriend stayed here for a week in June. It is a small but very comfortable hotel, I found it to be spotlessly clean and I am quite fussy about cleanliness. The rooms are pretty basic with a tv and a fridge. The bathroom is very small with a shower you can just about turn around in but it was very clean. The cleaners come every day and left us towels twice in the week we were there. The bed linen was changed once mid-week. We had to pay 5 euros per day for the air con but believe me you need it!! It was really hot!! You can get a safety deposit box as well for 11 euros for the week. The only down fall of this is that they are downstairs in the reception area but our passports and money were safe in there.

Breakfast was in with the price of the hotel and it was very nice. The usual meat and cheese, cereal, toast, coffee, tea, orange juice etc and of course, it wouldn't be Greece without the gorgeous yoghurt and honey.

We found the staff to be friendly, they always smiled and said hello. There was one occasion though when the old man, Thomas I think and his son had a bit of a shouting match behind the reception desk. We couldn't understand what was getting said but the old man stormed off, we just sat there amazed. They do get annoyed though if you don't leave your key behind reception when you go out. It has a magnetic end which you have to place on a metal plate as you enter your room. This is what works the electricity, so of course when you go out and you have to take your key with you, you cannot leave anything on, including your air con. We found a shop that sold little round fridge magnets and my daughter used it to leave the air con on when we were out, but because they realised her key hadnt been left and they knew we had gone out they went into her room!!! They found the magnet and challenged her later about it. She just apologised and that was that. They said the maid had been in and discovered it but this was well after 6 o clock in the evening! Really they had no right to go in the room.

The pool is lovely and clean, it is not huge but it was big enough for us. There were about 22 sunbeds around it. There is a little snack bar that serves burgers and juice, beer etc. Katherina who works in there is lovely, very friendly (I apologise if I have spelled your name wrong).

The hotel is situated opposite a lovely marina and it is about 15 minute walk away from all the main bars and restaurants. Just one thing to be careful of is the bikes!!!! My god they are everywhere!! We didnt realise that there are cycling lanes on all the pavements until we heard bells dinging at us!!! It is easy to foget they are there for the first couple of days, we just kept drifting into them and next thing is - ring ring, you nearly have heart attack!!!!

Do the trip to Zia, it is amazing to see the sunset there. It is a little village not far from Kos Town. It has lovely little tavernas and souvenir shops. We went into the little nature reserve which is brilliant for the kids and the big kids :) It only cost 3 euros each and you get the most amazing view of the sunset. I will never forget it. We paid 25 euros each way in a cab from Kos Town.

Also, just up the road from the hotel, about a mile or so is this amazing Therma. It is a hot pool of water in the edge of the sea!! I think it is something to do with the volcano that it gets its heat and it is said to be good for ruematics etc. Give it a go - it was very different.

Im sure you will enjoy this hotel, it is certainly not 5 star but all I ever want is clean, comfortable, friendly staff, good location and you have all of them here.

Room Tip: rooms at the front over look the marina but most seem to be at the side where you can still get a little view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank mo63Liverpool
Reviewed January 23, 2012

From the minute you walk through the doors of the hotel international you are greeted with a friendly welcome by thomas and his family who run the small and very comfortable hotel and have done for years. I have been to kos on many occasions now and stayed at the hotel twice as i really enjoy the stay. There may be some different opinions on this hotel but it ticks all my boxes and more. The rooms are bright and spacious all with mini fridge, television with plenty of channels for different guests languages and music channels. hair dryer and dressing table with mirror are also available in the rooms. very spacious wardrobe space and cupboards. The bathroom houses a toilet, basin and shower and plugs for shavers. each room either has a terrace or a balcony to sit and unwind morning afternoon or night. On the first floor the international provides 24 hour reception, Guest Bar, and an internet corner and also a lift. The breakfasts are very good with wide selections of cereals, breads meats,cheeses, fresh fruit and yoghurt and local yoghurt pastries and fresh juices tea and coffee. Breakfast is served from 07.00 to 09.30. The rear of the property has a very nice swimming pool and snack bar which is very affordable and you can spend hours unwinding by the pool catching the sun. I enjoy my stay here so much i am booked for two weeks in june this year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank callum s
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My wife and I spent another most enjoyable two week holiday at the International in September. The location is ideal being a leisurely 15 minute stroll from the harbour and town centre. It is situated adjacent to the picturesque marina,one of the best locations in kos town.
The hotel is small,friendly and family run. The swimming pool has a bar which serves a variety of snacks and drinks,both alcoholic and soft, One can take breakfast on the patio at the front of the hotel. The rooms are spotlessly clean with TV ,telephone ,fridge, hair dryer, private balcony and air conditioning.The staff are friendly and very helpful and always eager to please. This is the ideal hotel in which to enjoy your holiday in KOS

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FergieBlantyre
Reviewed October 17, 2011

One reason we have chose this hotel is the fact that staff is friendly. We (and some other guests) experienced different behavior. The younger man, I guess the boss, did not put a smile on his face not once. And the main issue was the old guy (I guess the pater familias) who almost got into fights with couple of guests on some issues. One lady was commenting on him re-arranging food with his bare hands (while guests were using utensils) and he almost physically attacked her.
Bathrooms are extremely small, especially showers, bigger persons will have issues with them.

On the other hand, it is rather clean in other areas, and short (10 minutes) walk from the center of town.
Beach in front of hotel is not the best on island, but can be used if you have some short spare time.

Room Tip: Do not choose street side because of noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple