TripAdvisor
Kos
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2019

This hotel is known to overbook reservation. But they said is our fault, because no one told them we were coming. Thats funny, because we had our voucher with us and agency picked us from the airport and droped us in front of the hotel. Too bad.
We have never been in this situation and luckily for us, we got another hotel from the agency in one hour.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
laurahotel1, Διευθυντής at Laura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Dear Friend ,
this was not our fault again as i said and we were not overbooked from us but the agency left the sales open during the stop sale so it was difficult for us to deal for all of this .
we are at your position to deliver and send you any e-mail that testifies our position .

kind regards evangelia

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for just one evening as my room was not ready at another hotel run by the same family. I was made welcome as soon as I went in. My room was lovely and the bed cosy. Breakfast was a nice spread. All the staff were friendly. Would certainly recommend on a bed and breakfast basis.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Was going to stay two days before going home. When i first entered the reception, the receptionist gave me a shrug and a what do you want look, so much for this friendly staff you all speak off.

She then found my booking, and told me to sit down and "wait for the lady" before i could get my room key after checking in.
I did and i waited.
After about 45 minutes another couple came, and then the receptionist said to them there was something wrong with their booking from their agency.
At this point i had just been sitting there an hour, so i asked what was going on, and she said "give me ten minutes", no explanation.

After waiting another hour, by this point i had been waiting for two hours for a room key, they changed their story to me and said there was something wrong with my booking aswell.

I got a note to take to my travel agency to get my money back, but highly doubt i will. Cause when i called them, they had not received any info about cancellation. I called them 2-3 hours later.

Did not get to see the hotel, but a hotel that makes you wait two hours for a room-key, before they change their story is not one i would stay at. Stay away.

PS: Please note that alot of the 5-star reviewers are locals and greek if one do some research.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
laurahotel1, friend at Laura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear Sir ,

before you write or to express anything the best thing is to see and to look in what is going on .

Maybe there was a big problem with your operator maybe the had to do theirjob and finally i was at the point to do it .
Maybe you just came for two days but there was a problem with your reservation as we thought that they have told you that you have to stay somewhere else .
Maybe we were so stressed because you werehere and we had to face you situation .
also the next day since you are the smartest person i would like to inform you that we cancelled the resrvation .
Two hours is the time difference between greece and germany ??
At that time i would like to dear you to play a small game and let us know wich localsthey write in here as you are smarter that us .

finally i would like to let you know that you may not like our hotel or the staff but we demand from everyone before they write to use their brain to work.

Reviewed June 18, 2019

Perfect Greek family run this hotel I stay 3 days I come back 100% the best choice for holidays I recommend to the people like far to all inclusive thank you very much to the family I see you soon and I wish you have good summer

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Booked in April for 7 nights in September on half board basis and told few weeks before that they were only doing b&b. Was offered discount on price and decided to take rather than try for another hotel. On arrival at the hotel I was greeted by the chap on reception that I was not staying at the Laura for 2 nights but was being moved to their sister hotel "Nefali" instead. On arrival at the Nefali I was immediately ushered to my room. Whilst the room was big it was extremely hot and I couldn't open the door to let any air in, the toilet didn't look as though it had seen bleach for a long time and the shower head wouldn't stay on the wall. The fridge in the room was extremely noisy. I went to reception the next morning to enquire as to why I had been moved but was given no explanation. That night after I had gone to bed there was a group of loud guests seemingly having a party right outside my room. I mentioned this to reception the following morning only to be told that they were on holiday and 1pm is not that late. I was then told that my room was required so I was being moved back to the Laura for the rest of my stay. When I arrived at the Laura my room was not ready, although I was told it would be, and when I was eventually shown to my room, K3, which was in a block and not what I had booked, I have to say that I was disappointed at the room. To turn on the light(s) you had to climb over the bed, the hair dryer didn't work ( not that I have much use for it), there was an inch of dust on top of the wardrobe, the toilet again hadn't seen bleach for a long time and there was a large gap at the top of the wall so you could hear every time the adjoining room went to the toilet and hear their conversations, so i'm sure the same could be said for them.I had a trip booked for the next morning so breakfast wasn't available before my pick up time, but when I did eventually get to go to breakfast this was just cereal and either hard boiled or fried egg with the usual cheese and meat. In my opinion the Laura is in need of some serious refurbishment as it is in a good location for the beach and for getting into Kos town itself. The sister hotel Nefali is also in need of some serious refurbishment although the pool area is exceptional. There are also some very good restaurants around.

Room tip: Do not ask for one of the "appartment" rooms K1-K4
Date of stay: September 2018